DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
88 8,657
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
If people can't behave here and openly declare allegiance to horrible ideologies, it's certainly not within spirit of this forum.

I advise you guys to keep it civil and and do not violate any rules. Mods will be swift. @Kartal1 bro, you may keep an eye on here.

contricusc

Contributor
Reactions
2 703
Nation of residence
Panama
Nation of origin
Romania
Top Hezbollah commander Ibrahim Aqil was killed on Friday in an Israeli strike on Beirut's southern suburbs, two security sources told Reuters.

It seems that Israel destroyed a four story building in this strike. After the pager and walkie talkie explosions, they are now begining airstrikes on Hezbollah. It seems that a full blown war between Israel and Hezbollah has just started.

SilverMachine

Reactions
1 29
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Australia
Given the current state of affairs with the Lebanese government/economy, and the reality that Hezbollah's all bark no bite, should make for some interesting spectatorship. Especially given if Iran could actually do jack against Israel they would have a few weeks back, that paper tiger's been exposed too.

The mistakes of '06 are likely learned from, think this'll be mostly an air dominance thing from the IDF here, gloves off type of situation.

mehmed beg

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
If people can't behave here and openly declare allegiance to horrible ideologies, it's certainly not within spirit of this forum.

I advise you guys to keep it civil and and do not violate any rules. Mods will be swift. @Kartal1 bro, you may keep an eye on here.
What? I have to comform to your ideas what's wrong or right?
You think that I am ashamed of my countryman and family members who fought for Germany? Maybe Turks should be ashamed of Kiligil Nuri Pasha? Maybe ashamed of so many Tatars and Kazakhs in SS? Why? Or maybe, you haven't realised that many people here , already had written many thing that they Fascist? It is only that I openly said and I sai it before?
Am I saying here, something that is illogical?

Relic

Experienced member
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
13 2,685
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
Hezbollah continues to look like a paper tiger. They've been completely embarrassed this week.

1. 3000 killed and injured when their pagers exploded.

2. Hundreds more killed and injured when more of their devices exploded the next day.

3. Per Israel, approximately 100 of their launchers destroyed in a pre-emptive airstrike.

4. Ibrahim Aqil and Ahmed Wahbi dispatched to the dregs of virginless hell in Beirut.

Are they going to clap back in any meaningful way way? Or just continue to be bent over and routed by the Israelis at every turn?

Last edited:

SilverMachine

Reactions
1 29
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Australia
^ This guy gets it.

But yeah, deleted posts again, guess it makes more sense to just report all the frequent racist shit getting thrown around here in future rather than retort back at it. Fair and noted.

Relic

Experienced member
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
13 2,685
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
More Israeli strikes on Lebanon today, targeting Hezbollah infrastructure and rocket launchers. Israel claims that they've struck 180 Lebanese launchers today as they attempt to systematically degrade Hezbollah's ability to launch mass strikes into northern Israel.

Hezbollah has responded by launching approximately 90 rockets into Israel, most of which have been intercepted or fallen harmlessly into unpopulated areas. Some, however, have caused fires in grassy and wooded areas per reporting.

Relic

Experienced member
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
13 2,685
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
Please diaper-army, start a ground invasion.

2006 Rewind.
Israel would be smarter to strike from the air with impunity and continually degrade Hezbollah. You can't win a war without putting troops in contact, but you can pound an opponent into a peace agreement that's beneficial for you.

It would behoove Israel to exercise patience and use their complete air superiority over Lebanon. I suspect, however, that the government will rush the army into an unnecessary and disasterous ground campaign against prepared Hezbollah defenses. If that's the case, fare play to Hezbollah, as that's exactly what the Lebanese fighters want.

Regardless, this campaign has the chance to be rather bloody for both sides.

SUMAYYA

Reactions
1 3
Nation of residence
Saudi Arabia
Nation of origin
Eritrea
I believe that if the Iranian side continues with the threats without a response, and it seems that it is practicing a policy of playing with nerves, then every time missiles are sent coming from Yemen or from Lebanon to sites inside Israel, followed by statements that these are merely preludes to the upcoming response, then Israel will continue to carry out pre-emptive strikes on any sites. The party and Iran, inside or outside Lebanon, that it is intended for the manufacture of precise weapons, or sites from which the party is planning to launch a major attack, or sites where senior leaders are present. Perhaps this will constitute a deterrent for Iran from continuing to brandish threats

Corvus

Reactions
5 297
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hezbollah continues to look like a paper tiger. They've been completely embarrassed this week.

1. 3000 killed and injured when their pagers exploded.

2. Hundreds more killed and injured when more of their devices exploded the next day.

3. Per Israel, approximately 100 of their launchers destroyed in a pre-emptive airstrike.

4. Ibrahim Aqil and Ahmed Wahbi dispatched to the dregs of virginless hell in Beirut.

Are they going to clap back in any meaningful way way? Or just continue to be bent over and routed by the Israelis at every turn?
I mean, I don't understand the point of comparing a local resistance group to the Zionist colony in the Middle East that is established, supported and protected by the collective West.

There are two nuclear capable American aircraft carrier groups sailing in the Eastern Mediterranean as we speak with the sole purpose of protecting Israel from destruction.

What does Hezbollah have on their back? Iran? A country that needed Turkish UAVs to spot the corpse of their own president on their own mountains.

I can only respect Hezbollah in their struggle against Zionism given the power imbalance. They got some serious balls and they keep resisting one way or another.

Note that I'm Turkish and I'm not really fond of Iran and their proxies. Still, gotta give the credit when it's due.

Last edited:

Relic

Experienced member
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
13 2,685
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada
I mean, I don't understand the point of comparing a local resistance group to the Zionist colony in the Middle East that is established, supported and protected by the collective West.

There are two nuclear capable American aircraft carrier groups sailing in the Eastern Mediterranean as we speak with the sole purpose of protecting Israel from destruction.

What does Hezbollah have on their back? Iran? A country that needed Turkish UAVs to spot the corpse of their own president on their own mountains.

I can only respect Hezbollah in their struggle against Zionism given the power imbalance. They got some serious balls and they keep resisting one way or another.

Note that I'm Turkish and I'm not really fond of Iran and their proxies. Still, gotta give the credit when it's due.
I'm happy to give credit where it's due. But Hezbollah has to do something other than bark and posture before I'm going to tip my cap to them out of respect.

I don't have any particular allegiance to Israel. I think they're a self-interested party (like the rest of us) looking out for their own interests. That said, they exist as a nation in the Middle East, whether their neighbours want them to or not. I don't expect them to give back the land that they've fought for and won, the same way I don't expect my own people to give back the land we took from the aboriginal people that lived here before us. That's simply not how history works.

Last edited:

SilverMachine

Reactions
1 29
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Australia
Please diaper-army, start a ground invasion.

2006 Rewind.

2006 didn't turn out so well for Lebanon, if memory serves correctly.

But yeah, short of clearing out some of the southern area I doubt they roll in the tanks in any major way this time. You can mostly do it all from the air when fighting a force this small-time. Like, the amount of rocket launchers Hezbollah's lost *already* in the last couple of days is pretty stunning - they're hardly crippled yet, but they've taken more than a bloody nose this week. At an IDF loss of zero.

And Corvus, guess that's one way of looking at it, "they have balls". Not quite the way I'd frame potentially getting a lot of Lebanese civilians killed for no reason, but I guess to each their own. Underdogs also aren't by definition always the ones in the right.

Iskander

Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
9 1,157
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
2006 didn't turn out so well for Lebanon, if memory serves correctly.

...And Corvus, guess that's one way of looking at it, "they have balls". Not quite the way I'd frame potentially getting a lot of Lebanese civilians killed for no reason, but I guess to each their own. Underdogs also aren't by definition always the ones in the right.
“To each his own (lat. suum cuique [suum kuike] - to each his own, to each according to his deserts) - the classic principle of justice. In modern times, the phrase became famous as an inscription made by the German Nazis over the entrance to the Buchenwald concentration camp."

Apparently now it’s the Lebanese’s turn to taste the “justice” of the “civilized” nations.

Brrr! Such “justice” of “civilized” Europe makes one’s hair stand on end. God forbid!:(

SilverMachine

Reactions
1 29
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Australia
What else would one call it? If Israel starts bombing Hezbollah, innocent Lebanese are going to die, given the nature of the way Hezbollah fights, from civilian centers assymetric-style.

That's just...reality, no? One could call it "ballsy", being determined to take on a far numerically-and-technologically superior enemy like the IDF, and I...guess that's true? It's certainly not shying away from the fight, credit where credit's due I suppose. But you don't really get to play victim and hold up the dead innocent Lebanese going about their day as evidence of the Israeli menace, while fighting from civilian enclaves with portable rocket batteries. It's kind of *both* brave in the sense they're fighting the IDF at all, and cowardly as hell in the sense of the way they're going about the fighting. Whatever happens, it's going to be at Nasrallah's feet, he'll have made the call.

mehmed beg

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
What else would one call it? If Israel starts bombing Hezbollah, innocent Lebanese are going to die, given the nature of the way Hezbollah fights, from civilian centers assymetric-style.

That's just...reality, no? One could call it "ballsy", being determined to take on a far numerically-and-technologically superior enemy like the IDF, and I...guess that's true? It's certainly not shying away from the fight, credit where credit's due I suppose. But you don't really get to play victim and hold up the dead innocent Lebanese going about their day as evidence of the Israeli menace, while fighting from civilian enclaves with portable rocket batteries. It's kind of *both* brave in the sense they're fighting the IDF at all, and cowardly as hell in the sense of the way they're going about the fighting. Whatever happens, it's going to be at Nasrallah's feet, he'll have made the call.
Play the victim? Really?
Where are those baked babies? Or women with cut breasts?
Holocaust didn't happen, yet Jews are playing victim card? 20 years ago 80000 Holocaust survivors, now 250k?
Hiding amongst the civilian population? Why Yahuda was called Yagoda ?

Relic

Experienced member
Canada Correspondent
Reactions
13 2,685
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Canada

It's just war. The moral grandstanding is both hilarious and ridiculous at the same time.

Hezbollah and Hamas launch rockets into Israeli residential areas or blow up cafes / busses in indiscriminate fashion and the Arabs and Muslims race to praise the actions and call it resistance. Israel knowingly flattens buildings housing dozens of civilians to target a couple militants they deem terrorists and Jews and Zionists race to call it unintended collateral damage...

Every time one side targets civilians their supporters race to explain it away as legitimate. The same people race to condemn the opposition the second their actions target civilians. It's the worst form of ignorant narcissism and outright hypocrisy. Since the beginning of time civilians have died in wars. It's the sad reality of war. The death toll is exacerbated when either side of the conflict fights in asymetric / unconventional fashion, using residential areas as their launching points / defensive points.

We still exist in a world of tribalism. It's genuinely entertaining to watch partisans bend over backwards to explain away actions committed by their side, while simultaneously condemning the actions taken by the other side.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,980
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
A Jewish Company , Soda Stream
Any plan to poison “us” with their products?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom