Ravager

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,215
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
No, I meant more that Israel doesn't have to worry about Hezbollah grunts-with-guns on the *homefront*, it's not really an issue in terms of them invading en-masse and pulling off some Oct 7th thing but bigger. The IDF has a handle on that, and sounds like they've already dismantled a big prior attempt sometime since last year.

Of course if you're rolling the tanks into Lebanon the Hez guys are going to take some out, kill some Israeli grunts, maybe take some hostage agains. That's war, and that type of small-time ambush stuff is what those guys are good at. It's the bigger, sophisticated stuff that'll have any impact on the status quo that they suck at. I'm against a ground invasion of southern Lebanon by the way, with you on that. I'm just saying that Hezbollah's not a problem for Israel *internally* if you take out the missile & rocket capability. You don't have to "destroy Hezbollah completely" or whatever, no serious person thinks that's even possible, it's just also not even necessary. Kill the leaders, cut off their sugar-daddy, make sure they have no launchers to shoot their rockets from, cave as many tunnels as you can in on themselves, bingo bango, done and done. Hezbollah's already back to pre-2006 power as of now, it's just sort of a mop-up job from here on, which I guess is why they're going in with the tanks, much as I feel that's unwise and playing into Hez's simplistic bonehead plans.
And how many bunker buster ordnances they need for it ?? 1000 ??2000 ?? Are you sure the US taxpayer would willing to bankroll them forever ?? At the end of the day .....without boots on the ground . All of those are nothing but a high pay game with minimum result in reality ...

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Then how can you judge if attack was succesfull when there is ZERO proof from either side?
We can see damage in Ukraina Russia war in most of the cases from films or sattelite photos. Not in this case.
It seems like there is no social media in Israel.

SilverMachine

Reactions
1 65
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Australia
And how many bunker buster ordnances they need for it ?? 1000 ??2000 ?? Are you sure the US taxpayer would willing to bankroll them forever ?? At the end of the day .....without boots on the ground . All of those are nothing but a high pay game with minimum result in reality ...

Not necessarily, I guess it'd depend on how they approach it. But yes, the U.S. will continue funding Israel forever, considering the alternative state of affairs in the region if they didn't, if that's your question. The Bernie type guys who wouldn't, they win like 5% of the U.S. vote, and both major parties unequivocally support Israel.

I don't get the logic of rolling in the tanks either, other than "Hezbollah's at their weakest in 20 years, might as well fuck 'em up some more while it's easiest to", but yeah. The threat the group poses to Israeli civilians inside Israel isn't exactly notable, nobody's losing sleep over that in-country now that their bluff's been called. The big talk was a lie, it's been exposed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
135 15,756
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
The rockets are mostly gone, a majority of the launchers most certainly are given they haven't done dick in response. Hezbollah's not capable of putting thousands of dudes into northern Israel on the ground in some major ground incursion, the IDF's got their foot well on their throat in terms of that sort of thing. Again, thew hole reason Hamas pulled off what they did is that Israel was focused too much on Hezbollah, they have that well under control.
If these are your own opinions, then state that it is so.
If you are actually claiming that these are the facts; From your post it sounds like it. Then please provide source material.
Otherwise this has no place in this forum.

To all members:
Please refrain from unsubstantiated claims and news.
Provide solid source material to support your claims.

SilverMachine

Reactions
1 65
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Australia
The source material is the reality of what's gone down over the last week, and how quiet Hezbollah's been with their supposed barrage capability.

If they have it, no better time than now to use it. They're not going to get another chance. The fact they haven't is telling, but yes, you keep on coping there with the denial, people deal with the facts on the ground in different ways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
135 15,756
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Again: Hezbollah's ground forces are useful in south Lebanon - sounds like they just killed 8 IDF reconaissance & commando guys in the last few hours. In terms of mustering an actual advance with ground personnel into Israel proper though, that's not remotely realistic. Israeli civvies' concern is the rockets, not the lightly-armed guys in camo. That northern part of the country is bristling with IDF now, any actual Israeli-soil clash isn't going to go Hezbollah's way. They'll most definitely pick some guys off on Lebanese territory though, that's war, it happens and Israel's willing to eat that by now for the greater goals.
Again no source!
Either provide facts or retract conjecture like posts before attracting warnings!

Members are free to state their views as long as that is clear what they are doing and stay within forum rules.
But they must not give news unless it is supported by SOLID source material.

Last edited:

SilverMachine

Reactions
1 65
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Australia
What are you wanting here, me to throw out a link of "CNN says Hezbollah's rockets have been heavily degraded in IDF airstrikes" or something?

It's all over every news outlet out there, left, right, centrist, basically everyone other than Hezbollah & the Iranian government agrees on that point. Sourcing something so broad and common-knowledge seems a little silly in point of fact. It might be a "view', but it's a "view" supported by what's been transpiring. I humbly retract my "conjecture" as "an educated guess all sides of the media-political-analysis spectrum seem in agreement on", there you go. Hakuna matata.

EDIT: An example, anyway, The Guardian's reporting. An organization not exactly sympathetic to Israel, running this:

---------------------------------------
Edmund Fitton-Brown, a senior adviser to the Counter-Extremism Project, a transatlantic thinktank and advocacy group, said it was predictable that the Houthis and other groups would make such threats.

“We shouldn’t read too much into the rhetoric … the Palestinian groups do not have the capability to escalate outside the [occupied] West Bank, while the Israelis have been so successful in last couple of weeks that I don’t think Lebanese Hezbollah can come to Iran’s defence.”
--------------------------------------

They're done in any meaningful offensive way. Playing D in Lebanon itself is another story.

Last edited:

Scott Summers

Reactions
2 623
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I always thought that Gods chosen people should have at least adamantium bulletproof vests from the heavens. Strange.

14 zionist terrorists killed and at least 35 wouded at the Lebanese border in 2 different ambushes. They really believed they could act like Charles Bronson in muslim countries.

The most moral army of the world were very upset that Hezbollah didnt stop shooting at them when they evacuated their wounded.

Hezbollah is like small kid you bullied at school with your friends, and years later you just met him alone, but this time he is bigger and stronger.

A very good day for the resistance. And now we need drones and rockets and more pounding from Iraq, Syria, Yemen and Iran. Let those terrorist baby-rapers bleed and shit their pants. And in the end they will leave the Middle East for where they came from (Germany, Poland, Ukraine) because we have no place for a Western colonial outpost filled with childkilling settlers.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,484
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Videos of them entering Lebanon unopposed.

I knew the more they pushed the more they would be open themselves to ambushes.

When somewhere is really quiet it means the predator is stalking you. It doesnt matter how elite or well trained you are. Even the most elite soldiers can fall prey to an ambush.

Such a careless dumb mistake.

I realised why the Turkish armed forces took their time with Afrin if they went in guns blazing they would have lost a lot of soldiers. The Pkk/Ypg plan was to withdraw to the city centre to open up a ambush. It largely failed as the Turks took their time cleared the surroundings before surrounding the city. They learnt their lesson with the El Bab Debacle.

Israelis really need to stop this bs of being invincible or untouchable. Those wars that they won are like 40 to 70 years ago. Times change. Never assume it would be a walk in the park.

Last edited:

SilverMachine

Reactions
1 65
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Australia
I mean, how many Hez guys lost in those shootouts though, Scott? Funny you don't seem so interested in the side-by-side here, not that I guess Hezbollah's exactly going to put out press releases listing numbers of guys sent off to meet their virgins. I'm kinda figuring the body count's not something Hez shouldn't be touting as some victory, if they were to tally their own slain in the same engagements.

No serious person figured Israel wasn't going to lose people in a ground invasion. It'll be far more than 14 when the dust settles, what was it in '06, a hundred or so from memory? The country's ready and willing to do that in order to prevail, and bet your ass they're the ones who are going to be prevailing here. The ground invasions' needlessly dumb I feel, but they're going to come out on top in the end.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,985
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Maybe direct strikes on iranian nuclear facilities? Because right now, theyve proven that they can indeed overcome Israeli and Western-assisted defences with numbers and current technology
Its a kind of nuclear strike. Then, Iran has to nuke Israel back.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom