Joint military drill to kick off in Ukraine as Congress seeks air defense boost for the country

Ghost soldier

Хижак
Reactions
3 3,795
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
1632074696119.png

Congress is keen to support Ukraine as the country tries to fill an air and missile defense capability, and lawmakers want to know how the Pentagon can help the ally.

The House Armed Services Committee, in its markup of the fiscal 2022 defense policy bill, said the U.S. “remains a steadfast partner of Ukraine and it is in the United States national security interest [to] assist the Government of Ukraine in countering Russian military aggression.”
Should the language become law, the committee is giving the Pentagon 90 days following enactment of the legislation to deliver a report on options for how the U.S. could help Ukraine address air and missile defense gaps.

The report should include options for possible foreign military sales of U.S. systems or the transfer of existing systems that are not currently used in deployment rotations.

The news from Capitol Hill comes as the U.S. Army prepares for Rapid Trident 21, a military exercise that will kick off in Yavoriv, Ukraine, on Sept. 20 and focus on ensuring the U.S. Army, Ukraine, and other allies and partners are interoperable and able to respond to crises. The two-week exercise at the International Peacekeeping Security Centre is led by Ukraine with participation from U.S. Army Europe and Africa.

source:

RogerRanger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
I must say I fully support Russia in its efforts to remove the Americans from eastern Europe. They have no reason or justification to be 'supporting' Ukraine. I can understand the South China Sea because international trade goes through it, but Ukraine it is simply aimed against Russia.

M

Manomed

I must say I fully support Russia in its efforts to remove the Americans from eastern Europe. They have no reason or justification to be 'supporting' Ukraine. I can understand the South China Sea because international trade goes through it, but Ukraine it is simply aimed against Russia.
Everyone should try to stop russian aggression russians are worse than chinese

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom