Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Maybe we should have if we don't it increases the possibilities with Canik's new gun. An airburst ammo would be beneficial against the infantry and small drones.
I dont even think we have any company that produces conventional ammunition for it, perhaps we should start there then span out.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,532
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Somehow our landforces are not fond of 40mm cannons

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,850
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Somehow our landforces are not fond of 40mm cannons

The ammunition is too big. 35mm is a sweet spot.

famille munitions 2.jpg

France is trying to solve with CTA but those have their own problems that they first needs to solve.

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I wonder whether they will offer it for civilian market. AFAIK they didn't have such intention. Also does anybody know whether it's using local engine or not?
You are right, the civilian model will not be produced. The civilian model will now be Togg's SUV.

The drivetrain is Allison brand. The engine is probably a Cummins brand engine produced under license by bmc. I think this is enough.

Last edited:

bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
The good news is that the Boğaç2 is in production. it's coming soon.
I wonder if the wheels and suspensions of the 6x6, 8x8 Arma, Pars, Altuğ armored vehicles were like the wheels and suspensions of Boğaç ika, what would be the result?

Last edited:

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,850
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

who wants to guess because of whom the test are being redone and once again we are losing precious time?

1. Wheeled 8x8/6x6 testare being redone for „reasons“

2. Tracked IFV/APC tender will follow wheeled one and has the requirement of an indigenous powerpack. (This will lead to design changes in existing vehicles due to the difference in size and weight of currently existing indigenous powerpacks and foreign ones in use)

With elections coming up I do not foresee this tender being rewarded anytime soon. And if a rushed decision is made the chances of it being cancelled and redone following election results is high.

Last edited:

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

who wants to guess because of whom the test are being redone and once again we are losing precious time?

2. Tracked IFV/APC tender will follow wheeled one and has the requirement of an indigenous powerpack. (This will lead to design changes in existing vehicles due to the difference in size and weight of currently existing indigenous powerpacks and foreign ones in use)

With elections coming up I do not foresee this tender being rewarded anytime soon. And if a rushed decision is made the chances of it being cancelled and redone following election results is high.
We all know there are two systems which are matured enough and exported as well from two well known company, and everyone knows the only reason to postpone these tenders :) one underqualified new system which will probably be selected. Corruption.. among all, Land forces suffered most because of corruption.

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,967
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Altug does not look compact enough.

This should qualify as a heavy ifv really. Look like a prime target to the enemy due to its obvious shape.

Fnss design looks compact and blends in well.

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Altug does not look compact enough.

This should qualify as a heavy ifv really. Look like a prime target to the enemy due to its obvious shape.

Fnss design looks compact and blends in well.
Altug looks huge in proportion really. More of a heavy construction machinery :oops:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom