bisbis

Contributor
Reactions
2 718
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Turkiye is establishing a military unit that will only consist of only unmanned land systems.

Friends, The goals of Havelsan are mentioned in the article in this link. According to these goals, Havelsan, and therefore our country, has goals far beyond the units of ika (unmanned land vehicles).

In any case, a union consisting only of ikas will be insufficient. For this reason, our companies are working to create a cyber space where all kinds of manned and unmanned equipment in land, air, sea and space can work together.

I think Mr. Sünnetçi is not aware of these developments yet.

Last edited:

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,955
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hate everything about this project. We have three companies that produce modern IFV but we've decided to upgrade those tin cans... just look at how big the turret is compared to the hull.

Bmx98

Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
I hate everything about this project. We have three companies that produce modern IFV but we've decided to upgrade those tin cans... just look at how big the turret is compared to the hull.
It really isn't a bad project. All countries have that one cheap cold war era ifv which they use as a general purpose fighting vehicle. The Britts have the warrior the Germans have the Marder and the Russians the bmp2. This is what these modernized acv 15 will be for Turkey, and when you compare it to it's counterparts is not that bad. As for a proper heavy ifv we are gonna have to wait for YNHZA project to take shape.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,571
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It really isn't a bad project. All countries have that one cheap cold war era ifv which they use as a general purpose fighting vehicle. The Britts have the warrior the Germans have the Marder and the Russians the bmp2. This is what these modernized acv 15 will be for Turkey, and when you compare it to it's counterparts is not that bad. As for a proper heavy ifv we are gonna have to wait for YNHZA project to take shape.
what excites me the most is the potiential those craft have AFTER we have the YNHZA in use. imagine FNSS developing a Shadow Rider kit for those 🤤

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
For a unit price of 360k $, those old tin cans are completely remanufactured. This is a good project to cover urgent needs. Armor protection also increased from NATO Stanag 4569 level 2 to level 4.
Level 2
7.62 AP bullets @30meters
155mm HE fragments from an explosion 80 meters away
6kg(explosive weight) AT mine
Level 4
14.5mm AP @200meters
155mm HE fragments from an explosion 30m away
10kg AT mine

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
For a unit price of 360k $, those old tin cans are completely remanufactured. This is a good project to cover urgent needs. Armor protection also increased from NATO Stanag 4569 level 2 to level 4.
Level 2
7.62 AP bullets @30meters
155mm HE fragments from an explosion 80 meters away
6kg(explosive weight) AT mine
Level 4
14.5mm AP @200meters
155mm HE fragments from an explosion 30m away
10kg AT mine
Visually, it still looks the same tin can, I can't see any additional armor or replacement of the old one.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,571
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Visually, it still looks the same tin can, I can't see any additional armor or replacement of the old one.
when you strap some TOW/OMTAS missiles on it, it's a better Bradley. speaking of which, @TheInsider are they going to strap AT missiles on these vehicles?

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,478
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
They did a good job in terms of survivability and fire power improvement but unfortunately it is still not enough. A real improvement of survivability for these vehicles would be integrating of APS to them.

The battlefield is full of ATGM threats. We see the effect of ATGM everywhere. Syria, Iraq, Libya, Karabakh, Ukraine, Yemen, wherever there are large availability of ATGM systems armor is suffering a lot, even creating bases for discussions of the likes of "Do we still need tanks on the battlefield".

We must adapt to this threat especially when we take in account the most probable fields these IFVs will be used. Sometimes tactics is just not enough. Yes, we learned a lot from our past operations in Syria but such an upgrade will be of critical importance.

Pulat APS is the perfect candidate for this as it is easily mounted, not heavy and fairly affordable. As we heard from officials we already know that Pulat APS proved itself as an effective system. I prefer officials talking about the effectiveness of Pulat APS than officials talking about the sacrifice of a whole crew and armor that was supposed to furtherly support the operation.

The Turkish Armed Forces really showed that it is moving to really modern warfare doctrines getting past the cold war mentality. This is visible trough all the force commands and units.

The Turkish Armed Forces are pushing forward to introduce innovative and highly technological solutions to major issues regarding fighting both conventional and unconventional threats. We see that the concepts for acceptable loss are also being changed and we see great improvements from the times of Operations Euphrates Shield till today.

The tolerance for loss is minimal and our speed of operations is taking a hit because of the low survivability and low firepower of our armored components of the mechanized infantry. Our inventory is giving us hard times to fully reach our tactical goals and full land forces potential so I think we should make the move and plan the budget accordingly. Survivability must be given higher priority.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,955
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Quality > Ouantity

In an environment where ATGM's are available in abundance would you as personel in the mech. Infantry feel more comfortable, confident and safe in a fully equipped IFV with APS or in a reinforced aluminum tuna can?

It's not only higher survivability and firepower, it also has an impact on morale...

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Quality > Ouantity

In an environment where ATGM's are available in abundance would you as personel in the mech. Infantry feel more comfortable, confident and safe in a fully equipped IFV with APS or in a reinforced aluminum tuna can?

It's not only higher survivability and firepower, it also has an impact on morale...
They want to use it as heavy remote fighting vehicle, i think thats the main plan. Now, it can only be remoted from 5-6 km away max, but they plan to add new cheap sattelite communication in the future or simple communicating through other uavs. Guys try to think little innovative, after all these years i dont know why you still dont trust SSM.
There are freaking 30.000 of these vehicles in the world, huge export possibilities

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,011
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Quality > Ouantity

They are both equally important.

The balance of quality and quantity is what every Armed Force tries to do.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom