Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Arma-2 with 40t heavy armored beast with 720hp ecotorq engine became like a wheeled tank. Congratulations Otokar engineers and technicians.

View attachment 53296

Finally, Otokar had to be smacked around a bit to get an engine that their parent company built into one of their products! Good going !
Now that turret needs to disappear for the Aselsan developed one.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,663
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Korhan turret will be set as a requirement by the SSB for the armored vehicle tender. Arma-Arma-II can easily carry the Korhan turret. Ford-Otosan also works on a national transmission.

The max combat weight of Arma-II is 40t but I doubt TAF will use that configuration.

720hp engine is integrated into Arma-II and ready for serial production.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,254
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
ARMA II is an amphibious combat vehicle designed with a maximum combat weight of 40 tons. It is my greatest wish that this vehicle, together with the 35/105/120 mm indigenous turrets, will pioneer the creation of an amphibious armored brigade.
Doesn't mention amphibious in the brochure though.
Also I didn't see any propellers in the rear of the vehicle like it is with other amphibious vehicles we use.

Osman

Committed member
Reactions
2 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's Ford-Otosan Ecotorq engine, it's designed and built in Turkey.
İncluding with its transmission indeed. The transmission was designed and has been producing locally. I dont understand why the transmission of this one is not local

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,828
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
ARMA II is an amphibious combat vehicle designed with a maximum combat weight of 40 tons. It is my greatest wish that this vehicle, together with the 35/105/120 mm indigenous turrets, will pioneer the creation of an amphibious armored brigade.
@Afif ..

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
İncluding with its transmission indeed. The transmission was designed and has been producing locally. I dont understand why the transmission of this one is not local
The national transmission project is going on it is not ready yet.

Osman

Committed member
Reactions
2 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Then why havent it been used in Turkish IFV long ago?
Are there restrictions placed on it by Ford?
Otosan truck is completely Turkish. They just have an agreement with ford they can use its name and export the truck. The truck is %90 indigenous and designed by otosan truck itself. Ford can't have any restriction on otosan trucks and its components. The engine and its transmission which is completely turkish design has been in serial production aince 2020 2021 respectiveley as far as I know

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,362
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
1675190666887.png

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,663
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Doesn't mention amphibious in the brochure though.
Also I didn't see any propellers in the rear of the vehicle like it is with other amphibious vehicles we use.
Right, I misunderstood the statements of Otokar General Manager Serdar Görgüç. When I checked the article again, I realized that he was talking about ARMA I. I apologize for the incorrect info. https://www.savunmatr.com/savunma-s...-ailesinin-yeni-uyesi-arma-ii-8x8-h19440.html Then let me correct my expression as follows: The vehicle I want to see, ofc under marine corps.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,362
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Right, I misunderstood the statements of Otokar General Manager Serdar Görgüç. When I checked the article again, I realized that he was talking about ARMA I. I apologize for the incorrect info. https://www.savunmatr.com/savunma-s...-ailesinin-yeni-uyesi-arma-ii-8x8-h19440.html Then let me correct my expression as follows: The vehicle I want to see, ofc under marine corps.
Anyway, your idea was really good given the higher protection level and combat weight of ARMA II it could very well act as light tank with an 105mm turret.
I am particularly interested in this idea of having an amphibious armor or combined arms brigade because of the very unique nature of our geography
I mean, given BDs small landscape basically host the world largest river delta it is quite hard for both defending force as well as the invaders to move around heavy armor fast and effectively.

In that case, combined arms amphibious brigades with higher level of protection and fire power than usual mechanized infantry, can very well capitalized on its superior and uninterrupted mobility through land and water to deliver surprise counter attacks/perform unmatched mobile defense against a numerically superior enemy.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom