Reactions
11 3,042
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Alpar Battery Pack
- Developed by Otokar
- Li-Ion NMC type (nickel manganese cobalt)
- Weight 480kg per pack
- Compatible with MIL-STD-810 track vibration profile
- Capacity 69kW
- Up to 4 packs (276kW total) can be installed depending on requirements.
Can't wait to see other configurations and get more information about this. They might not become the main fighting force of an army for some time, but I think UGVs will become really important support elements and it'll happen pretty soon, just as it happened with UAVs.

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
10 1,452
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can't wait to see other configurations and get more information about this. They might not become the main fighting force of an army for some time, but I think UGVs will become really important support elements and it'll happen pretty soon, just as it happened with UAVs.
I think they'll be indispensable in urban conditions with smaller drones and UGVs integrated into a command system at company level. They'll do what Kirpi's did during Hendek operations, but without putting blue forces in danger. Ironically, they will probably have much greater situational awarenes with the configuration I'm talking about than manned platforms of today.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 3,042
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ironically, they will probably have much greater situational awarenes with the configuration I'm talking about than manned platforms of today.
Oh they definitely will, think about having a system like Aselsan's Örümcek (Spider) for tanks, integrated into UGV's (both light and heavy imo), supported by recon UAV's like STM's Togan, and maybe even accompanied by kamikaze drones like (again) STM's Kargu or drones that carry Mete missiles or mortar rounds (STM's Boyga).

We can more or less fight an entire urban battle without putting our soldiers within kilometers of the actual fight.

wolveray1

Committed member
Reactions
5 447
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
I think they will better serve as scouts or the tip of the spear during military attack.
Just look currently at recent ukrainian attacks.So many destructions.
Those lives lost could be saved by just sending these ugv at front and observe the counter attack from.

Last edited:

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
10 1,452
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We can more or less fight an entire urban battle without putting our soldiers within kilometers of the actual fight.
That's a stretch I think. Someone will need to kick down doors and clean rooms if we care about civilian casualities.

Hopefully those guys will be armored to the teeth with powered exoskeleton armor etc.

No Name

Reactions
5 356
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
That's a stretch I think. Someone will need to kick down doors and clean rooms if we care about civilian casualities.

Hopefully those guys will be armored to the teeth with powered exoskeleton armor etc.

Turkey is already working on a solution with the Sarsılmaz's SARBOT These types of robots have been shown to be able to open doors and climb stairs.

Boston Dynamics's Atlas is even more advanced the Sarsilmaz's robot but as time pass, I'm sure that Sarsilmaz will be able to build their own Atlas counterpart eventually.

no job is safe from AI.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
71 8,223
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Against insurgents? Maybe. Against a near-peer adversary? Not so much.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,484
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
My favorite part is the sideview mirrors, so long as they keep them just the same way, as if its a dump truck, I'm happy.

I love that we can finally have a vehicle with 35mm domestic turret on it

The introduction of the Korhan turret was needed for the IFV of all the Turkish defense manufacturers. I hope we will hear more about the IFV tender soon, as the tender has been delayed for some time. I wish to see the Akkor lite that will be used on the IFVs of the Turkish army.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
71 8,223
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Unfortunately, we won't see this baby in the inventory.

I don't understand, why Turkish army don't want it if they are going with tracked solution for their future manned IFVs.
Besides, wasn't it designed by the same team that was behind Altay development?

Fairon

Reactions
6 899
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't understand, why Turkish army don't want it if they are going with tracked solution for their future manned IFVs.
Besides, wasn't it designed by the same team that was behind Altay development?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom