AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
FNSS CEO Nail Kurt really did a great job managing Mete Yarar away from talking zero-usefulness stuff for tens of minutes straight. Also nice steal of pictures for the second time from Yarar.
i hateee Yarar.. he cuts his word, very unrespectful. i really with Tolga Ozbek was there.. he would of ask specific questions..

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,276
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's really getting harder to watch Mr Yarar talking in a "buddy" way with CEOs who at times one can see the uneasiness it causes them.
However, Mr Yarar had been sharing a lot of valuable info thasnks to his connections and easy access with our defence companies.
Tolga Özbek is another league alltogether. He's the best in this field and no bullshit.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,170
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Tolga Özbek is another league alltogether. He's the best in this field and no bullshit.
Tolga Özbek is not bad but last time I saw him he missed the opportunity to learn about the upcoming PD300 when he interviewed with Mr Mahmut Akşit because he didn't ask and the news leaked a week after.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,721
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to Ibrahim Sünnetçi: The SSB has proposed that Otokar, FNSS and BMC join forces to form a joint venture company, similar to the German PUMA IFV project model, and that the project be developed by the three companies in cooperation.

A joint venture of these three companies (with support of Aselsan) could create enormous synergies in the field of land systems.

Fairon

Reactions
6 885
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to Ibrahim Sünnetçi: The SSB has proposed that Otokar, FNSS and BMC join forces to form a joint venture company, similar to the German PUMA IFV project model, and that the project be developed by the three companies in cooperation.

A joint venture of these three companies (with support of Aselsan) could create enormous synergies in the field of land systems.

I think it is too late for that. All 3 companies have their own product. There will be too much conflict.(about cooperation and ideas.)

I mean if this works it will be great but I don't know. Hope this works because it will be our own interest to keep these companies alive and in the defence industry. Maybe joint production could also work in that regard.(Like naval shipyards.)

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,058
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think it is too late for that. All 3 companies have their own product. There will be too much conflict.(about cooperation and ideas.)

I mean if this works it will be great but I don't know. Hope this works because it will be our own interest to keep these companies alive and in the defence industry. Maybe joint production could also work in that regard.(Like naval shipyards.)

If France and Germany can force their Nexter and KMW to join forces as a new company called KNDS, to create the Airbus of land vehicles. Why cant we encourage the companies to join forces?

They were both established companies and yes there was a lot of conflict, but it can be done.

They would save a shitload of money and work in R&D, production and marketing. One platform instead of 3. 3 times the orders instead of each on their own. Add Altay to the mix and you have a company that can deliver everything from simple trucks to IFV to tanks.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,846
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Thats what I have said multiple times. It seems that Erdo now listen and understand the necessary of a giant company. 2-3 companies for land vehicles are enough.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,690
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Creating something new will take years we don't have that time. Otokar Tulpar should be selected and BMC Power should provide a national power pack. Aselsan should provide the Korhan turret and Roketsan should provide armor and the MZK 105mm turret for the heaviest variant of tracked IFV (40t+).

Bmx98

Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Creating something new will take years we don't have that time. Otokar Tulpar should be selected and BMC Power should provide a national power pack. Aselsan should provide the Korhan turret and Roketsan should provide armor and the MZK 105mm turret for the heaviest variant of tracked IFV (40t+).
No it won't. The only new thing that will need to be built will probably be a joint assembly line which can be build in less than a year. Then they decide who will provide what parts and start production.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,721
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to the company, vehicle may exist, but according to SSB specifications, it may not have reached that stage yet. We may not know the details of the test phases, but I think the technical specifications that will be put forward may require both FNNS and Otokar to almost rebuild their vehicles.

Remember how the Pars design was revised for years. Moreover, this time the integration of a newly designed engine will be realized and the other issue, which is just as difficult, is that if a variant such as 105 mm is being considered, the turret will be completely indigenous. Probably almost all of the many foreign systems on both vehicles will go. Even if the vehicles have off-road and ballistic capabilities that meet the requirements of the Turkish Armed Forces, there are many things that need to be changed and redesigned.

In my opinion, this project is not in a position to be realized in this or next year and the most important reference supporting this prediction is the past armored vehicle procurement projects of the Land Forces. With one or two exceptions, there does not more than few project phase that is not challenging.

Osman

Committed member
Reactions
2 463
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr Sunnetci also said that, there are two projects of ssb

1. New generation wheeled armoured vehicles that we already know

2. New generation tracked vehicles. In this one, among various variants, land forces want a variant with 105 mm turret

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,401
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Anyone that can explain the history of Turkish armored vehicles, and perhaps the history of the main producers in the industry?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom