DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
86 8,584
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Well cockerill can be penetrated by even AP 12.7 while MZK offers protection against 120/125mm apfsds'

I really doubt it would stop 120/125mm APFSDS. Does it have 800mm RHA equivalent armor?

somegoodusername

Reactions
1 114
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
But why aren't we making something of Cockerills level and trying to reach the same quality. As long as the quality is the same we can work on better products by adhering to higher quality standards.

I know it's not easy, but I hope at least there are dedicated R&D for that. Kaplan MT is imo bloody awesome.
I remember there was a project, but it takes time, money, and engineers. So we have to wait few years.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
98 18,478
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I remember there was a project, but it takes time, money, and engineers. So we have to wait few years.
The turret itself, we can do, but looks like the cannons (barrels) are what is stopping us. I remember having a discussion with @Chocopie and some other guys in the Altay thread I think when we were talking about the M60TM modernization project.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
67 8,960
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The turret itself, we can do, but looks like the cannons (barrels) are what is stopping us.
Wouldn't be so sure. We have 3 builders that offer their stuff for the last decade and more. Plenty of turret options. Number of non license(Sharpshooter) turrets on the stuff we sold over the year is near zero. Turrets are hard job, that's why Cockerill lives on, they can guarantee success no matter how average.

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 3,252
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I really doubt it would stop 120/125mm APFSDS. Does it have 800mm RHA equivalent armor?
It has better armour against APFSDS than T-72B's turret's protection
armour.JPG

From Roketsan's ballistic protection catalogue

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
29 3,316
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

M60’s with new paint job included in inventory

Gunner Sabot, Tank Fire!

Deliveries have started within the scope of the TİYK-M60T Project. With the project, dependence on the Israeli-made fire control system was ended.

ASELSAN VOLKAN-M Fire Control System and Roketsan Additional Armor System were put into operation.

ASELSAN had integrated many domestic systems into the M-60T within the scope of the FIRAT-M60T Project.

Test footage is from February.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
34 14,331
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
MZK's addon armour has STANAG lvl6 rating. Base MZK without addon has armour inserts like any other MBT turret
The passive layer of add-on armor has STANAG level 6A protection, and the reactive layer has 6b protection(PDF page 15). The turret itself should have level 4 or 5 armor protection. It is made of thick angled armor steel.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom