DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,772
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Why are you people surprised?
Its a no brainer that the US supported Haftar from the beginning, right?
Israel alone used to send military shipments to Haftar during his war against the tripoli-based govt

The US and the zionist assholes probably want to reignite the war in Libya; couple that with the one ongoing in Sudan, Yemen, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, and Lebanon (eventually) and voila the whole Middle East is thrown into chaos for the US and Israel to come in and reap all the benefits, resources, and territory

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
85 17,411
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why are you people surprised?
Its a no brainer that the US supported Haftar from the beginning, right?
Israel alone used to send military shipments to Haftar during his war against the tripoli-based govt

The US and the zionist assholes probably want to reignite the war in Libya; couple that with the one ongoing in Sudan, Yemen, Palestine, Syria, Iraq, and Lebanon (eventually) and voila the whole Middle East is thrown into chaos for the US and Israel to come in and reap all the benefits, resources, and territory
The US didn't support Haftar from the beginning. Haftar even complained that there were US airstrikes against their forces at the time. Also it is alleged that one of the captured Pantsir air defence systems captured by GNA and Turkiye was transferred to the US for examination. The stance of the US in Libya is more complicated one. An opportunistic stance based on stability. They would work with whoever keeps the higher card.
I don't know but seems like standard procedure. They conduct routine ISR all the times around those regions. Maybe @Kartal1 could tell better.
I am not 100% sure if this is standard, but in this case it may be related to the exercise. No matter if they were tasked for ISR or to support the exercise with this asset, what will they see that they actually don't know already?

We should be worried if we shipped something under the cover of the exercise otherwise everything surrounding this base is clear like a day. I just hope this is a coordinated action, but if not, I am not worried at all.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,772
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
The US didn't support Haftar from the beginning. Haftar even complained that there were US airstrikes against their forces at the time. Also it is alleged that one of the captured Pantsir air defence systems captured by GNA and Turkiye was transferred to the US for examination. The stance of the US in Libya is more complicated one. An opportunistic stance based on stability. They would work with whoever keeps the higher card.

I am not 100% sure if this is standard, but in this case it may be related to the exercise. No matter if they were tasked for ISR or to support the exercise with this asset, what will they see that they actually don't know already?

We should be worried if we shipped something under the cover of the exercise otherwise everything surrounding this base is clear like a day. I just hope this is a coordinated action, but if not, I am not worried at all.
You may be right since I have no definitive proof but I do remember that the GNA previously captured a plethora of Israeli-made equipment from Haftar and many flight tracker sites did notice massive air traffic between Haftar amd Israeli airports

While the current US position may be a swinging one, we all know that if Israel is on Haftar's side, then the US will stand on Haftar's side. I did read before that a European politician (forgot the nationality😅) once said that the key to the US is Israel; i-e, have Israel on your side and the US will be on your side

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
What do you think about the US monitoring our operations in Libya? Where are they trying to go with this?
They are not the only ones monitoring us,its a normal thing.
We also monitor them.
Its better this way,they'll see how we do it.;););)

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
63 30,510
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Italian authorities seized Chinese UAVs at the port of Gioia Tauro in southern Italy on June 18. They were mislabeled as "wind turbine parts". Their destination: Benghazi, Libya, reportedly for delivery to General Khalifa Haftar. The US tipped off Italian authorities about the shipment.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom