Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,364
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Its a joke 🤣

It burns me how the Hurjet lost but the Malaysians choose whats best for them so I cant argue about it.

Congrats to the Koreans.
I know, just kidding.

And don't worry about it too much.
There will be more chances in the future.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,728
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Congrats to the Koreans
The KAI FA-50 is a good jet

Hard luck to the Turks but dont get discouraged. I just want to remind you that the Hurjet nearly reached the finals while it still hasnt even flown yet; this is a good sign for the future of the Hurjet

Who knows, maybe Malaysia may ask for a Hurjet batch after it flies and there are rumors that many Gulf countries are interested in the Hurjet.

After all, Rome wasnt built in a day and so is the Hurjet

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,033
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It happened as it should, logically...

We still have a way to go for the Hürjet. After the tests are over and mass production starts, it will be in a good place.

Zapper

Experienced member
India Correspondent
Reactions
10 820
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
Just for the sake of local assembly.
This is an offer that no way BAF will refuse, given their current super enthusiastic state about a domestic aerospace industry.
But that would require orders in significant numbers. I don't think Turkey or any other country for that matter would offer localized production if the numbers aren't feasible

That'd result in diverting MRCA funds intended for a much advanced medium weight fighter which BAF might not be willing to

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,364
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
But that would require orders in significant numbers. I don't think Turkey or any other country for that matter would offer localized production if the numbers aren't feasible

That'd result in diverting MRCA funds intended for a much advanced medium weight fighter which BAF might not be willing to
They offer Malaysia local assembly for 18 jets only so......
And I mentioned it would be a hypothetical scenario where BAF goes for it.

Zapper

Experienced member
India Correspondent
Reactions
10 820
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
India
They offer Malaysia local assembly for 18 jets only so......
Is there a source? I don't see any articles explicitly stating SK offering local assembly. If this was the case, I believe the deliveries might get pushed beyond 2026

Even if they do, I don't see how it exactly makes sense from a financial standpoint to establish an assembly facility, supply chain, train workforce, logistics etc for 18 fighters unless there is some behind the scenes contract to opt for KAI-KFX down the lane

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,364
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Is there a source? I don't see any articles explicitly stating SK offering local assembly

Even if they do, I don't see how it exactly makes sense from a financial standpoint to establish an assembly facility, supply chain, train workforce, logistics etc for 18 fighters unless there is some behind the scenes contract to opt for KAI-KFX down the lane
There has been a misunderstanding, I was actually referring to Hurjet local assembly in Malaysia offered by TAI.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom