Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,922
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey has no right to interfere in the territorial integrity of Greece regardless of whether the islands of the Eastern Aegean are militarized. Of course, this does not mean that the militarization of the islands by Greece should continue. In the context of the dialogue, there should be a new agreement that will talk about the demilitarization of the islands of the Eastern Aegean and the demilitarization of the coasts of Asia Minor. I say my opinion on what should be done, not on what the Greek Government thinks. Do not take the issue of Cyprus because we will not get an edge. There is a official finding from the Republic of Cyprus for the period 1960-1974 and this unequivocally says that then the Greek Government, the Turkish Government, EOKA B' together with the USA and Great Britain divided the island by an unofficial agreement because they did not want the Cyprus to become a strategic partner of the Soviet Union. Specifically, they implemented the Acheson III Plan, there are official documents that are not rejected. The games in Cyprus are played by Turkey, which conducts research within the Cyprus Exclusive Economic Zone, not Greece. The Leporad 2A4 tanks and the howitzer Firtina were not brought to Cyprus by Greece but by Turkey. So do not tell me about "Greek games". Countries around the world have the same rights, Turkey is nothing more than that.

Eoka B i can safely say most Greek cypriots all of them murdered and destroyed Turkish cypriot villages.

Not just eoka b it was the Greek cypriots themselves who engaged in mass slaughter just so they can achieve Enosis.

Remember this Turks and Greeks will never be at peace no matter what. The stakes are too high to give up mixed in political interests along with national pride mixed in with historical grievances.

I do believe both are inching towards a war. Both countries have a score to settle the real question is who will come out on top.

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Greece...
wants to expand from 6nm to 12nm
wants Turkey to respect the Seville made EEZ map
wants to justify illegal arming of agreed demilitarized Dodecanese Islands with the arguement that the 4th Army in Izmir is a threat.

Yet Turkish reaction is called aggression, this is HYPOCRISY.
The extension of the territorial waters of Greece from 6 to 12 nautical miles is its right. Turkey has created an Exclusive Economic Zone in the Eastern Mediterranean and the Black Sea but has not voted on the Law of the Sea (1982). The Greek Armed Forces have 100,000 personnel when the Aegean Army alone has 130,000 personnel and a huge number of amphibious ships. So how is Turkey threatened by Greece? To solve this problem, however, the islands of the Eastern Aegean along with the coasts of Asia Minor could be demilitarized. If there is no military force in the area, there will be no fear of war. Everything is solved as long as there is good intention.

T

Turko

When the Italians were going to give the Dodocanese Islands back to us Ismet Inonu did a dumb mistake in rejecting it.

Now we pay the price for it. Greece constantly upped the Nm and also armed up the islands.

We just stood there and done nothing this whole time.
İsmet İnönü signed magnificent Lozan treaty which today we still miss.

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Eoka B i can safely say most Greek cypriots all of them murdered and destroyed Turkish cypriot villages.

Not just eoka b it was the Greek cypriots themselves who engaged in mass slaughter just so they can achieve Enosis.

Remember this Turks and Greeks will never be at peace no matter what. The stakes are too high to give up mixed in political interests along with national pride mixed in with historical grievances.

I do believe both are inching towards a war. Both countries have a score to settle the real question is who will come out on top.
EOKA B' was an organization where it did not want the union with Greece to be created, this is a huge lie and fortunately there are documents today that prove it. There are maps of EOKA B' executives that show Cyprus divided long before the invasion of Turkey (because it was an invasion)! The executives of EOKA B' had predicted in their maps in every detail up to Kyrenia! The coup carried out by ELDYK and EOKA B' against Archbishop Makarios bringing the Sampses to power is a shocking example as in this way the impetus was given to Turkey to invade. But everything was agreed in advance. The Aprilian Junta (Ioannidis Government) wanted to divide Cyprus in half and unite half the island with Greece and the other half with Turkey so that everyone would be happy. Great Britain kept its military bases on the island and so Cyprus was forcibly made a NATO protectorate. All this was not done for the Turkish Cypriots or the Greek Cypriots but for Cyprus not to join the Warsaw Pact on the side of the Soviet Union. It is well known that Archbishop Makarios had very good relations with the Soviet Union.
This is the list of massacres in Cyprus.
Massacres in Cyprus

Last edited:
T

Turko

Not even lozan im talking about ww2 when the Italians were losing and were willing to give the islands back in which Inonu rejected
He may have thought that accepting those islands would be considered as confrontation with fascist regime against allies. I appreciate his wisdom not involving WW2. (İçimizden geçerlerdi ne İzmir ne ankara kalırdı)

Ardabas34

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
To my knowledge Hitler proposed them in exchange of Turkey joining on their side. Of course we rejected him. Some conservatists who have problem wiht Inonu say this was a mistake. Their delusion is mind blowing.

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I brought it as an example to see that it is not possible for so many involved countries to find a solution in a complex of islands and not to be found between Greece and Turkey in the Aegean? It is a fact that China and other countries involved do not approve of the decision. But a rudimentary solution by an international tribunal is better than nothing.

What about the case of The Canal Islands between France and England?

The judge ordered that those British island does not have the right at a EEZ or shelf because they were to close to France.

Ravenman

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,528
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The extension of territorial waters is a right of each state according to the Law of the Sea. There are no exceptions to this. In order for Greece to increase its territorial waters in the Aegean, it will have to give inhabited and uninhabited islands to Turkey; This is immediate offensive action! But the Aegean Sea is a territorial extension of Greece for the most part, what to do now. That does not change. This photo proves the island groups that Greece holds in the Aegean. Where exactly is Turkey in this area? Nowhere! I did not know that I would have to negotiate for my own territorial waters with a foreign state. If so, give us rights to the Sea of Marmara or the Black Sea.
Aegean_Sea_with_island_groups_labeled.gif

Know your facts, even that of your enemies. Turkey has more than 200 islands in the Aegean. But Greece doesnt recognize these islands. Greece only thinks about their own benefits and gains.

Greece is just acting like a expansionist towelhead regime with the EU in their back (they think). Neighbours are like friends and help eachother in harsh times but with Greece as a neighbour its very hard.

Be happy and nice with your neighbours. Because no Frenchmen or German gonna risk their good lives to save poor pensionated gyrosfarmers (not how i think, but how the EU sees Greece) if war breaks out.

Last edited:

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,291
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Should stup writing to a Greece, you can see the case between Colombia and Nicaragua. Both of country wher maximalist like Greece. Colombia asking almost to Nicaragua coast like Greece claims against Turkey :D . From the other side Nicaragua claiming EEZ almost coast of Colombia like Greece expending ther EEZ.

Colombian claim like crazy Greece.
1614120040390.png

this is Nicaragua claim.

1614120091259.png

And this is what the court decision is.
1614120130032.png

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Know your facts, even that of your enemies. Turkey has more than 200 islands in the Aegean. But Greece doesnt recognize these islands. Greece only thinks about their own benefits and gains.

Greece is just acting like a expansionist towelhead regime with the EU in their back (they think). Neighbours are like friends and help eachother in harsh times but with Greece as a neighbour its very hard.

Be happy and nice with your neighbours. Because no Frenchmen or German gonna risk their good lives to save poor pensionated gyrosfarmers (not how i think, but how the EU sees Greece) if war breaks out.
I know quite well the legal framework and the historical facts that exist in the Aegean region. Turkey has 500 islands and islets of which 195 are in the Aegean Sea. Greece has 6,000 islands and islets, most of which belong to the Aegean Sea. Greece has always recognized the islands and islets that Turkey has in the Aegean Sea. The extension of territorial waters to 12 nautical miles is not something that concerns both countries, it is a right that each state declares unilaterally. We do not need Turkey's permission. Regarding the Exclusive Economic Zone in the Aegean Sea, this is another discussion that I have commented on in another comment. Neighbors, as it were, do not throw bullets in the air or tear gas, as the Gendarmerie did in Evros last spring. In case of war, Greece, like all serious states, realizes that it will have to act alone without any help.
Islands of Greece
Islands of Turkey

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Yes, but not the way the UK wished for (and Greece dreams about Meis/Kastellorizo).
Kastellorizo is a special case because it is very far from mainland Greece with the result that it can not receive full influence. The same thing happened in the UK, these are familiar things. No international court is going to give full influence to Kastellorizo. Also the logic that Kastellorizo belongs to the Dodecanese complex does not apply geologically as it is quite far away. I personally do not agree with this logic as no international court would agree. But that does not change the fact that Kastellorizo can extend its territorial waters to 12 nautical miles.

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece

Seems Greek F16 have fired flares flying over the research vessel while in international waters.
The Greek Foreign Ministry has a different view of the incident as it said that never a F-16 C/D fighter of the Hellenic Air Force disturbed the research vessel Cesme. The nearest Greek aircraft was 10 nautical miles from the Turkish ship and its flight altitude was 19,000 feet.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,696
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Barry

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
wish he'd stop flapping his gums like he's in a shitty anime where the bad-guy spends 5 minutes telling you about his special move before he actually does it.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom