CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,955
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
You are spending billions on developing weapons and buying drilling ships, etc, when the living standard of your people is poor. That's what I am trying to explain.
Living standard of people is bad because the Lira is weak therefore resulting inflation and Politics. But thanks for your honest empathy.

R&D is never a waste of money, those drilling ships were pretty cheap but feeding millions of unwanted people is, sending billions of foreign aid every year is a waste of money, may i ask why those two examples?

Vaggos

Reactions
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Greece
Turkey is building these weapons, cutting otherwise costly imports while increasing exports which has a positive effect on the grand scheme.

Greece however is a country beyond all repair, yet engages in spending sprees which are putting greece in an even more dire position👇

C2Gw0ky.png

1gTQOUK.png

5Rrj3Rj.jpg

uxe8LLa.png
Economy in Greece is recovering after a decade of suffering. There are no more capital controls or memorandums and the salaries are slowly, returning to normal. The debt remains stable at least. So, we will see what the future holds. As far as aging is concerned, the problem is not easily solvable...population aging is a wider problem in all EU, not only Greece.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,011
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Economy in Greece is recovering after a decade of suffering. There are no more capital controls or memorandums and the salaries are slowly, returning to normal. The debt remains stable at least. So, we will see what the future holds. As far as aging is concerned, the problem is not easily solvable...population aging is a wider problem in all EU, not only Greece.

Building weapons gives jobs also brings money into the country.

Also our biggest advances in history came from military not from useless philosophy.

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ur economy is neither recovering nor is there a future for greece, thats the reality and I know that beanotakis tries to propagate otherwise, but I have to dissapoint u, i have a similar thread on another forum, getting more in depth there.

Its actually quite entertaining seeing greeks becoming insane over the stuff i post there lmao.

Vaggos

Reactions
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Greece
Living standard of people is bad because the Lira is weak therefore resulting inflation and Politics. But thanks for your honest empathy.

R&D is never a waste of money, those drilling ships were pretty cheap but feeding millions of unwanted people is, sending billions of foreign aid every year is a waste of money, may i ask why those two examples?
For the Lira crisis RTE is partly responsible, not only the financial situation in Turkey. I am pro R&D, i am not going to deny that, but only if you have the basic needs of a country under control. As far as the "unwanting people" is concerned, Turkey gets money from the EU, if I am not mistaken.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,955
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
For the Lira crisis RTE is partly responsible, not only the financial situation in Turkey. I am pro R&D, i am not going to deny that, but only if you have the basic needs of a country under control. As far as the "unwanting people" is concerned, Turkey gets money from the EU, if I am not mistaken.
You really think those 6 billion Euros are enough to cover the needs of +6 million refugees, btw. for nearly a decade now?

Vaggos

Reactions
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Greece
You really think those 6 billion Euros are enough to cover the needs of +6 million refugees, btw. for nearly a decade now?
I don't think is enough. EU should invest more. The same applies for Greece also, even if we don't have 5-6 million refugees like Turkey has.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,997
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Honestly if that were to happen
Turkey should kick USA out of it and have Russia come instead
I wanna see how the USA would react when nuclear bombs are literally in europes doorstep and no country can block russia's navigation in the sea anymore
Russia would then literally conquer the middle east while the europeans are shitting themselves from fear

Iam sure biden wanna do what is written in that article but he is just scared of the scenario i mentioned above

Wrong way to think. Turkey doesn't exist to be happy being someone else's slave like greece does. We need to understand what our enemies all fear and leverage that fear to gain advantage from all sides. Step by step an incremental process until Turkey is strong enough to do as she pleases.

Foulgrim

Greece Moderator
Reactions
1 629
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Personal attacks due to different points of view are not allowed in this forum. If you want to say something in the forum you have to be on the topic otherwise you create a new topic to express your views there.
Thanks

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

Turkey declared NAVTEX in the Aegean Sea after Greece declared a certain part of the Aegean Sea as a military training ground for the exercise in the tourism season, by not complying with the Athens MoU signed with Turkey.
Probably a move to reduce tourists coming to turkey and switching them to other country (maybe even greece itself)
However, iam sure that greece didnt do this by itself
Some other country may have given greece a significant push

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Yes. Martians.
You do realise that you guys signed a MoU, in the 1988, promising to never carry out drills during the tourism season?
You wanna tell me that after all these years you guys (out of nowhere) grew balls to do this? Out of all the things you guys could do..... you opted for this?

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,558
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
just an interesting data to share here. Annual export of Greece by april 2021 is 31 billion; Greece main exports are petroleum products (29 percent of the total exports), aluminium (5 percent), medicament (4 percent), fruits and nuts, fresh or dried (3 percent), vegetables, prepared or preserved (2 percent) and fish, fresh or frozen (2 percent). Main export partners are: Italy (11 percent of total exports); Germany (7 percent); Turkey (7 percent); Cyprus (6 percent); and Bulgaria (5 percent). To put this into some weird perspective, Turkish millitary industry export is more than the (aluminium (5 percent) i.e the second largest Greek export sector.

The moral of the strory

-R&D is important

- the sturcture of most of the Turkish millitary industry companies should be a case study and an example for many other countries

Last edited:

Vaggos

Reactions
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Greece
You do realise that you guys signed a MoU, in the 1988, promising to never carry out drills during the tourism season?
You wanna tell me that after all these years you guys (out of nowhere) grew balls to do this? Out of all the things you guys could do..... you opted for this?
Has Turkey ever respected this Mou?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom