kimov

Committed member
Reactions
1 408
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
How can you forget about SOM and bora? this is enough to destroy greek air force on the ground in war. No air force means capitulation.
I did not forget it. I don't think that Turkey or Greece is interested in a full scale war where extensive bombing of infrastructure will occur as that would lead to a significant escalation. A potential war within the next 10-20y will be relative limited in scope over some islands or East Med by sinking 1-2 smaller boats/aircrafts. Neither Turkey or Greece will be able to occupy any land (some very small islands might be the exception) due to political/economical reasons.

Keep in mind the last few conflicts Turkey have been involved in, I include Azerbaijan in this list since most of the planning seem have be done by TAF. Turkey kept the fighting very limited to the area of conflict in Syria, Libya or Azerbaijan. Turkey kept to the plan even in face of direct bombing of civilian cities in Az. The reason for this is not some humanitarian reason but pure political as dead civilians would be counter productive at this point in time. The strategic goals were simply too important to be hindered by any political backlash.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,704
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Turkey condemns Greece's maritime jurisdiction say on defense deal with France​

ANKARA​

Turkey condemns Greeces maritime jurisdiction say on defense deal with France

Turkey on Oct. 1 condemned a statement by Greece about the maritime jurisdiction regarding the Greek-French defense deal.

In a written statement, Tanju Bilgiç, spokesman for the Turkish Foreign Ministry, said: "Greece's claims on maximalist maritime jurisdiction and airspace are against international law."

"It is a vain hope that Greece can make us accept these claims, which are also questioned by the international community, by forming bilateral military alliances against Turkey, in a way that harms the NATO alliance," Bilgiç said.

Earlier, Greek Defense Minister Nikolaos Panagiotopoulos said that the Greek-French defense deal also covers the maritime jurisdiction.

"Such vain efforts," Bilgiç said, "will further boost our determination to protect both our own rights and the rights of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) in the Aegean and Mediterranean."

He also said that Greece's policy of armament and isolation of Turkey is "problematic" as it will harm both itself and the EU, and threaten regional peace and stability.

Greece on Tuesday signed a deal to purchase three warships from France and enhance security cooperation between the two countries, a move hailed by both sides as a step toward European strategic autonomy.

The agreement comes less than two weeks after France was left fuming as it was excluded from a new Indo-Pacific defense pact between the US, UK and Australia.

The deal was formalized just a day after Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis claimed that Greece wants to avoid an arms race with Turkey and defuse tensions with Ankara in the Eastern Mediterranean.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,927
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I did not forget it. I don't think that Turkey or Greece is interested in a full scale war where extensive bombing of infrastructure will occur as that would lead to a significant escalation. A potential war within the next 10-20y will be relative limited in scope over some islands or East Med by sinking 1-2 smaller boats/aircrafts. Neither Turkey or Greece will be able to occupy any land (some very small islands might be the exception) due to political/economical reasons.

Keep in mind the last few conflicts Turkey have been involved in, I include Azerbaijan in this list since most of the planning seem have be done by TAF. Turkey kept the fighting very limited to the area of conflict in Syria, Libya or Azerbaijan. Turkey kept to the plan even in face of direct bombing of civilian cities in Az. The reason for this is not some humanitarian reason but pure political as dead civilians would be counter productive at this point in time. The strategic goals were simply too important to be hindered by any political backlash.
Eh? TAF certainly provided training to our forces and Turkey sold/gave us equipment but they weren't making battle strategies for Azerbaijan's armed forces.

kimov

Committed member
Reactions
1 408
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
Eh? TAF certainly provided training to our forces and Turkey sold/gave us equipment but they weren't making battle strategies for Azerbaijan's armed forces.
I assume that both of us can agree that drones like TB2 had significant influence on the outcome of the war. But somehow you think that the Azerbaijanian army got all the drone training, servicing, tactics and strategies perfected from a few weeks of training in Turkey/Israel without any prior experience of using drones in war?

Kilic93

Reactions
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Turkey
I assume that both of us can agree that drones like TB2 had significant influence on the outcome of the war. But somehow you think that the Azerbaijanian army got all the drone training, servicing, tactics and strategies perfected from a few weeks of training in Turkey/Israel without any prior experience of using drones in war?
If Turkey used tb2 drones and strategies believe me karabakh would've been finished in less than a week. Look at the Turkish attack on assad and you will see Turkey completely destroyed most of thetr army in just days. Libya another example.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,927
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
It wasn't just a few weeks though. It's been kind of an open secret that Azerbaijani army personnel travel to Turkey to receive training for many years now, hell I think we even used drones in limited numbers in 2016 (though not TB2s). The tactics weren't perfect either, there are a few post-war interviews with Azerbaijani army personnel that say our strategies were way more effective than predicted due to Armenians screwing up a lot, like when their army tried to launch counter-offensives against our advances on two separate occasions and walked into the same trap - TWICE.

Drones made a huge difference but several of our major victories, such as the liberation of Shusha, were done essentially without drones. Which is good, because it means that the infantry training our personnel got in Turkey paid off.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,956
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
It wasn't just a few weeks though. It's been kind of an open secret that Azerbaijani army personnel travel to Turkey to receive training for many years now, hell I think we even used drones in limited numbers in 2016 (though not TB2s). The tactics weren't perfect either, there are a few post-war interviews with Azerbaijani army personnel that say our strategies were way more effective than predicted due to Armenians screwing up a lot, like when their army tried to launch counter-offensives against our advances on two separate occasions and walked into the same trap - TWICE.

Drones made a huge difference but several of our major victories, such as the liberation of Shusha, were done essentially without drones. Which is good, because it means that the infantry training our personnel got in Turkey paid off.

If i had to guess Azeri personal would have been involved in the idlib war and libya war in the sense that they were brought in to see what Turkey was doing and to learn from it. No doubts Azeri personal would also be interested to know what sorts of things Turkey was up to and Turkey no doubts would have shown them.

When Turkey unleashed drone hell on idlib they must have been practicing that style of war for a while before. No doubts the Azeri personal would have been involved in this. The training between the armed forces has been going on for years. Its also clear that Turkey was modelling the Azeri army on the Turkish army too.

The sale of the drones coming just a few months before the war could have been a smokescreen. For all we know Azeri personal could have been training to use TB'2 for a long time in Turkey before any were delivered to Azerbaijan as a way to deceive the enemy.

As much erdogan is clown, he's shown to have a few tricks up his sleeve from time to time. The idlib retaliation was a grand surprise for everyone. Not only did the world not know Turkey was capable of that but i would venture to guess that no Turks knew we were capable of that except for the military.

All those years of russians and assadists gloating that northern syria was a no fly zone, meanwhile Turkey had already perfected a means of warfare to circumvent russian air defences is pretty impressive.

Last edited:
T

Turko

Please stop blaming CHP and Kılıçdaroğlu for Blue Homeland

Our seismic ships are rusting in the harbor
The architect of the Blue Homeland doctrine and the former Chief of Staff of the Navy, Rear Admiral Yaycı, criticized the withdrawal of seismic ships from the Mediterranean. “We are losing the Eastern Mediterranean,” he said.

1633324664513.png

Rear Admiral Cihat Yaycı said that with the Libya-Turkey maritime jurisdiction delimitation agreement signed on November 27, 2019, Ankara increased its economic sovereignty by a quarter, but could not operate in this area. Yaycı said: When the license tender was made, we were hoping that Turkish Petroleum would start drilling. But it didn't. Why is it not done? It is said that we are in talks with the European Union and Greece. A very serious loss. I remind those who run the state: If you stop exploration and drilling activities because I am negotiating with Greece, we are losing the Eastern Mediterranean. We terminate the Libyan agreement in our own hands.
THAT LINE CAN COLD
Indicating that Greece is not Turkey's interlocutor in the Eastern Mediterranean, and therefore negotiation is unnecessary, Yaycı suggested that otherwise the Turkey-Libya line passing through the Greek islands would collapse and the agreement would disappear. Yaycı said: Because an island country like Greece, Indonesia, Japan and the Philippines is not an archipelago state. Therefore, the sharing of maritime jurisdiction areas is based on the mainland, not the islands, in the sharing of maritime jurisdiction areas. Greece is a peninsula state with islands like Turkey. Let me explain with an example that everyone can understand: There is a field left from my grandfather. One day, the owner of the adjacent field comes out and says, 'No, this is mine'. This place cannot be yours, even if I say that I am cultivating this place, it does not help. Finally I say, 'I will not cultivate my field until the dispute is resolved. I am the loser. Now Greece does not lose anything, it gains from you.

RESEARCH STOPPED

Reminding that our research and drilling ships were withdrawn from the Eastern Mediterranean, Yaycı concluded his words as follows:

“We expect good news from the Eastern Mediterranean, but the good news does not come from the air. Those ships will conduct seismic surveys and drills. I see this wrongly: The Gulf of Antalya is the area where the EU and Greece see Turkey's accession. They say, 'This is yours, the rest is ours'. In my opinion, the mistake is this: We published a nawteks for Oruç Reis ship that will conduct research in Antalya Bay for a year. By keeping the ship at bay, you're giving the man a trump card. When I say eyebrows, it is an eye removal gesture. We published nawteks in our own gulf. I wish we didn't do this. How long will our ships stay in the bay? These ships must operate in the D. Mediterranean as soon as possible. Otherwise we lose. These ships are very expensive ships with their personnel and maintenance. If we do not use them effectively, the money of the state and the people will be wasted. This fleet of ships is a tremendous wealth in the hands of Turkey. It is time to use it effectively. An answer should be given to the statement of Greece (we banned Turkey from the Eastern Mediterranean). By keeping our ships empty, we are both rotting and costing our ships. In the Eastern Mediterranean, we had two drilling and lightning research vessels, but now it has been reduced to a single drilling vessel. That means shooting ourselves in the leg.”

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,704
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Veryanssin Tv announced, the statement came: The ship that violated the Cabotage Law…​

The General Directorate of Maritime Affairs responded to the news about the Palau-flagged tugboat KADOTUG, which Veryans Tv announced for the first time, that the Cabotage Law was not implemented. In the statement, it was announced that the tugboat was banned from the voyage, the ship's certificates were obtained and legal proceedings were initiated in accordance with the Cabotage Law.​

04 October 2021 15:06Updated: 04 October 2021 15:13
Veryanssin Tv announced, the statement came: The ship that violated the Cabotage Law…

VERYANSIN TV
Erdem Atay , Editor-in-Chief of Veryans Tv, wrote on September 30, “Stop Turkish, pass 'gavura'! How did AKP pierce Lausanne this week?” headline sounded.

In his article, Atay drew attention to the route of the foreign-flagged tugboat KADOTUG, whose owner is Turkish, and revealed how the Cabotage Law was violated.

After Veryans Tv brought the scandal to the agenda, some news sites also included evaluations on the subject.

A statement on the subject came from the General Directorate of Maritime Affairs today. In the statement, which stated that the tugboat was banned from the voyage, it was announced that the ship's certificates were obtained and legal proceedings were initiated in accordance with the Cabotage Law.

'It is understood that he intends to violate the CABOOTAGE LAW'​

The written statement from the General Directorate of Maritime Affairs is as follows;
“Due to the news in some press organs that the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure is not implementing the Cabotage Law, it was felt necessary to inform the public.

The Palau-flagged tug KADOTUG in the news received a Port Departure Certificate on September 18, 2021 from the Port of Trabzon to deliver the pontoon named TRANSERVICE to the Port of Thessaloniki, Greece.

It was understood that the ship in question declared the port of destination as Haydarpaşa in the notification required for the passage of the Bosphorus, and upon the request of the agent for a docking order at Haydarpaşa Port, it was understood that the ship intended to violate the Cabotage Law and was ordered to anchor in Kumkapı before entering Haydarpaşa Port. However, even if a ship's destination port is a foreign port, it has the right to anchor at our anchorage areas for up to 168 hours without disrupting the transit, pursuant to Article 11 of the Turkish Straits Maritime Traffic Regulation.

ADMINISTRATIVE INVESTIGATION STARTED​

Based on this situation, the related tugboat was banned from the voyage and an administrative investigation was initiated, and the relevant ship's certificates were obtained by our Port Authority and detained in Haydarpaşa Port, which is the most convenient port in accordance with Article 5 of the Cabotage Law.

In the administrative investigation process initiated, as claimed in the news texts;

- It is not possible to unload the cargo (barge that does not carry any cargo) to Haydarpaşa Port with tugboats belonging to the General Directorate of Coastal Safety, on the contrary, it is aimed to stay in this facility until the investigation is completed, by docking with the tugboats of our General Directorate of Coastal Safety ex officio upon the instruction of our Istanbul Port Authority. Since the pontoon does not have its own machinery and steering equipment (propulsion systems), if it does not stay in the anchorage area, it is out of question in terms of navigational safety and maritime safety.

- The allegation in the news texts that the Cabotage Law was amended in 2013 and the penalties were reduced is also unfounded.
Penal provisions were amended by a law passed by the Grand National Assembly of Turkey in 2008, and their structure was increased by more than 20 times by updating the penalty amounts.

-Another claim in the text of the news is that the same ship took the loose pontoon from Tekirdağ and showed it to go to Georgia and left it to Trabzon.

FINE GIVEN​

In the Port Exit Document received from Tekirdağ Port Authority on 28 August 2021, the ship in question declared that it would go to Poti Port in Georgia. However, during the voyage, he wanted to enter Trabzon Port due to unfavorable sea and weather conditions, and as a result of the violation of the Cabotage Law, the ship in question was banned from the voyage and a fine of 45 thousand 656 Turkish Liras was imposed, pursuant to Article 5 of the Cabotage Law. and the ship is not allowed to take off until this amount is paid.

As can be understood from the explanations above, our Ministry, as the party detecting cabotage violations, has initiated legal proceedings in accordance with the Cabotage Law regarding the violations it has determined. Our Ministry will carry out the necessary works to ensure that the maritime transport carried out in the maritime jurisdiction areas of our country is carried out in accordance with the Cabotage Law, as it was before, and will protect the rights of our Turkish flagged ships and ship people in our Blue Homeland.”
image_750x_615aee28abad0.jpg

image_750x_615aee379181d.jpg

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,725
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Please stop blaming CHP and Kılıçdaroğlu for Blue Homeland

Our seismic ships are rusting in the harbor
The architect of the Blue Homeland doctrine and the former Chief of Staff of the Navy, Rear Admiral Yaycı, criticized the withdrawal of seismic ships from the Mediterranean. “We are losing the Eastern Mediterranean,” he said.

View attachment 32851

Rear Admiral Cihat Yaycı said that with the Libya-Turkey maritime jurisdiction delimitation agreement signed on November 27, 2019, Ankara increased its economic sovereignty by a quarter, but could not operate in this area. Yaycı said: When the license tender was made, we were hoping that Turkish Petroleum would start drilling. But it didn't. Why is it not done? It is said that we are in talks with the European Union and Greece. A very serious loss. I remind those who run the state: If you stop exploration and drilling activities because I am negotiating with Greece, we are losing the Eastern Mediterranean. We terminate the Libyan agreement in our own hands.
THAT LINE CAN COLD
Indicating that Greece is not Turkey's interlocutor in the Eastern Mediterranean, and therefore negotiation is unnecessary, Yaycı suggested that otherwise the Turkey-Libya line passing through the Greek islands would collapse and the agreement would disappear. Yaycı said: Because an island country like Greece, Indonesia, Japan and the Philippines is not an archipelago state. Therefore, the sharing of maritime jurisdiction areas is based on the mainland, not the islands, in the sharing of maritime jurisdiction areas. Greece is a peninsula state with islands like Turkey. Let me explain with an example that everyone can understand: There is a field left from my grandfather. One day, the owner of the adjacent field comes out and says, 'No, this is mine'. This place cannot be yours, even if I say that I am cultivating this place, it does not help. Finally I say, 'I will not cultivate my field until the dispute is resolved. I am the loser. Now Greece does not lose anything, it gains from you.

RESEARCH STOPPED

Reminding that our research and drilling ships were withdrawn from the Eastern Mediterranean, Yaycı concluded his words as follows:

“We expect good news from the Eastern Mediterranean, but the good news does not come from the air. Those ships will conduct seismic surveys and drills. I see this wrongly: The Gulf of Antalya is the area where the EU and Greece see Turkey's accession. They say, 'This is yours, the rest is ours'. In my opinion, the mistake is this: We published a nawteks for Oruç Reis ship that will conduct research in Antalya Bay for a year. By keeping the ship at bay, you're giving the man a trump card. When I say eyebrows, it is an eye removal gesture. We published nawteks in our own gulf. I wish we didn't do this. How long will our ships stay in the bay? These ships must operate in the D. Mediterranean as soon as possible. Otherwise we lose. These ships are very expensive ships with their personnel and maintenance. If we do not use them effectively, the money of the state and the people will be wasted. This fleet of ships is a tremendous wealth in the hands of Turkey. It is time to use it effectively. An answer should be given to the statement of Greece (we banned Turkey from the Eastern Mediterranean). By keeping our ships empty, we are both rotting and costing our ships. In the Eastern Mediterranean, we had two drilling and lightning research vessels, but now it has been reduced to a single drilling vessel. That means shooting ourselves in the leg.”

You cant just willy nilly send seismic ships
You already saw what happened when Erdo went full throttle
What you guys should do is use your military to stop all Greek ships that are trying to perform seismic surveys in mavi vatan while at the same time acting innocent by saying we are the ones not escalating but when a ship enters a contested region, you say: "we will hit hard"
Something close to this:

Rn, things are warming up for the final round; giving Greece more ammunition to use in its propaganda of portraying itself as those who are under OPPRESSION from the Turkish devils is the last thing you guys wanna get
You already have strained relations with the West over the PKK and migraants is still an issue that will explode at any moment. Dont give them further excuses to try and hit you hard
Turkey rn is way too prone and fragile for a fresh batch of economic sanctions
You guys are still dealing with the pandemic aftermath
And dont get me wrong, many arent criticising CHP because they arent protecting Mavi Vatan, it is because they are questioning its EXISTENCE in the first place
I mean why would they protect something that they believe shouldnt exist

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,725
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

Veryanssin Tv announced, the statement came: The ship that violated the Cabotage Law…​

The General Directorate of Maritime Affairs responded to the news about the Palau-flagged tugboat KADOTUG, which Veryans Tv announced for the first time, that the Cabotage Law was not implemented. In the statement, it was announced that the tugboat was banned from the voyage, the ship's certificates were obtained and legal proceedings were initiated in accordance with the Cabotage Law.​

04 October 2021 15:06Updated: 04 October 2021 15:13
Veryanssin Tv announced, the statement came: The ship that violated the Cabotage Law…

VERYANSIN TV
Erdem Atay , Editor-in-Chief of Veryans Tv, wrote on September 30, “Stop Turkish, pass 'gavura'! How did AKP pierce Lausanne this week?”headline sounded.

In his article, Atay drew attention to the route of the foreign-flagged tugboat KADOTUG, whose owner is Turkish, and revealed how the Cabotage Law was violated.

After Veryans Tv brought the scandal to the agenda, some news sites also included evaluations on the subject.

A statement on the subject came from the General Directorate of Maritime Affairs today. In the statement, which stated that the tugboat was banned from the voyage, it was announced that the ship's certificates were obtained and legal proceedings were initiated in accordance with the Cabotage Law.

'It is understood that he intends to violate the CABOOTAGE LAW'​

The written statement from the General Directorate of Maritime Affairs is as follows;
“Due to the news in some press organs that the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure is not implementing the Cabotage Law, it was felt necessary to inform the public.

The Palau-flagged tug KADOTUG in the news received a Port Departure Certificate on September 18, 2021 from the Port of Trabzon to deliver the pontoon named TRANSERVICE to the Port of Thessaloniki, Greece.

It was understood that the ship in question declared the port of destination as Haydarpaşa in the notification required for the passage of the Bosphorus, and upon the request of the agent for a docking order at Haydarpaşa Port, it was understood that the ship intended to violate the Cabotage Law and was ordered to anchor in Kumkapı before entering Haydarpaşa Port. However, even if a ship's destination port is a foreign port, it has the right to anchor at our anchorage areas for up to 168 hours without disrupting the transit, pursuant to Article 11 of the Turkish Straits Maritime Traffic Regulation.

ADMINISTRATIVE INVESTIGATION STARTED​

Based on this situation, the related tugboat was banned from the voyage and an administrative investigation was initiated, and the relevant ship's certificates were obtained by our Port Authority and detained in Haydarpaşa Port, which is the most convenient port in accordance with Article 5 of the Cabotage Law.

In the administrative investigation process initiated, as claimed in the news texts;

- It is not possible to unload the cargo (barge that does not carry any cargo) to Haydarpaşa Port with tugboats belonging to the General Directorate of Coastal Safety, on the contrary, it is aimed to stay in this facility until the investigation is completed, by docking with the tugboats of our General Directorate of Coastal Safety ex officio upon the instruction of our Istanbul Port Authority. Since the pontoon does not have its own machinery and steering equipment (propulsion systems), if it does not stay in the anchorage area, it is out of question in terms of navigational safety and maritime safety.

- The allegation in the news texts that the Cabotage Law was amended in 2013 and the penalties were reduced is also unfounded.
Penal provisions were amended by a law passed by the Grand National Assembly of Turkey in 2008, and their structure was increased by more than 20 times by updating the penalty amounts.

-Another claim in the text of the news is that the same ship took the loose pontoon from Tekirdağ and showed it to go to Georgia and left it to Trabzon.

FINE GIVEN​

In the Port Exit Document received from Tekirdağ Port Authority on 28 August 2021, the ship in question declared that it would go to Poti Port in Georgia. However, during the voyage, he wanted to enter Trabzon Port due to unfavorable sea and weather conditions, and as a result of the violation of the Cabotage Law, the ship in question was banned from the voyage and a fine of 45 thousand 656 Turkish Liras was imposed, pursuant to Article 5 of the Cabotage Law. and the ship is not allowed to take off until this amount is paid.

As can be understood from the explanations above, our Ministry, as the party detecting cabotage violations, has initiated legal proceedings in accordance with the Cabotage Law regarding the violations it has determined. Our Ministry will carry out the necessary works to ensure that the maritime transport carried out in the maritime jurisdiction areas of our country is carried out in accordance with the Cabotage Law, as it was before, and will protect the rights of our Turkish flagged ships and ship people in our Blue Homeland.”
image_750x_615aee28abad0.jpg

image_750x_615aee379181d.jpg

Sorry, Iam a bit confused over here
Is that a good or a bad thing?

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,725
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
US State Dept. outlines details of MDCA, (in other words) the legal infrastructure for US’ military presence in Greece, co-existing with Nato. Sounds like US is here to stay for a while! Wording is interesting…

“The United States and Greece have the following defense cooperation agreements: The General Security of Military Information Agreement (GSOMIA) of 1986, the Defense Industrial Cooperation Agreement (DICA) of 1986, the NATO Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) of 1956, and the Mutual Defense Cooperation Agreement (MDCA) of 1990. The MDCA was updated in January 2020 to improve flexibility and access rights for U.S. forces in Greece, to better support U.S. forces operating from the Souda Bay Military Complex, and expand our bilateral military activities at several other locations in Greece. The MDCA will boost U.S.-Greek interoperability, support Greece’s ability to contribute to regional stability, and increase NATO’s ability to protect its southeastern flank.”

To be updated every other year;)
Another proof that Turkey needs to shift away from US in terms of weaponry etc.....
Turkey needs, rn, to become even more independent in terms of defense industry
The Americans nor the Russians are trustworthy

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,725
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
US State Dept. outlines details of MDCA, (in other words) the legal infrastructure for US’ military presence in Greece, co-existing with Nato. Sounds like US is here to stay for a while! Wording is interesting…

“The United States and Greece have the following defense cooperation agreements: The General Security of Military Information Agreement (GSOMIA) of 1986, the Defense Industrial Cooperation Agreement (DICA) of 1986, the NATO Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) of 1956, and the Mutual Defense Cooperation Agreement (MDCA) of 1990. The MDCA was updated in January 2020 to improve flexibility and access rights for U.S. forces in Greece, to better support U.S. forces operating from the Souda Bay Military Complex, and expand our bilateral military activities at several other locations in Greece. The MDCA will boost U.S.-Greek interoperability, support Greece’s ability to contribute to regional stability, and increase NATO’s ability to protect its southeastern flank.”

To be updated every other year;)
It seems that the US is trying to convert Greece into an American colony for its armed Bases. Combine this with their fanatic support of the Kurds and Iam one the believers that the US will just abandon Turkey; support Kurdistan's formation and independence from Turkey and Syria; while shifting their first defense line against the Russians from Turkey to Greece as the US can better control the greeks and can still block Russian troops coming from the canals if Greece succeeds in their EEZ claims to which the US seems to support

Last edited:

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,704
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Greece literally became a colony of the US. From now on Greece is a semi-independent state.
But that doesn’t change the threat towards our nation. US is settling in Greece, and drawing a new southeastern front, we’ve always known it was there, but it just becomes more apparent. They’re going to settle there while creating a new rogue state. What matters in this is that we develop nuclear capability, and use that as deterrent and capitalize on it by eradicating anything 30-60 km from our border. With resettling the refugees we create a civilian zone that US won’t retake. Russia is a different matter, but since it’s our neighborhood, they’d have to settle as well.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,680
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
But that doesn’t change the threat towards our nation. US is settling in Greece, and drawing a new southeastern front, we’ve always known it was there, but it just becomes more apparent. They’re going to settle there while creating a new rogue state. What matters in this is that we develop nuclear capability, and use that as deterrent and capitalize on it by eradicating anything 30-60 km from our border. With resettling the refugees we create a civilian zone that US won’t retake. Russia is a different matter, but since it’s our neighborhood, they’d have to settle as well.
FYI the US never defended anybody if there was nothing in it for the US. The US was supposed to defend Ukraine. There was a deal between Ukraine and the US. Ukraine decommissioned its nuclear arsenal left over from the USSR and in return, the US promised to defend Ukrainian territorial integrity. I doubt the US will defend Taiwan when the stakes became too high. The US is moving to Greece because by the end of this decade TR will be too big to handle by Greece or a loose alliance of different regional states.

Top Bottom