BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 968
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
You need a full scale operation, not dropping some teams over PKK "wartunnels" and besiege them, our soldiers have not really much cover and are within enemy territory, they know where the helicopters dropped the teams, they have all their supplies in the tunnels so they wait it out and coordinate attacks with other terrorists around on our troops.

It makes more sense to build fortified outposts, with reconnaissance equipment and scan areas where terrorists are present and coordinate airstrikes to eliminate them.
Full scale at that part of iraq with wild mountains terrain and huge area of 100k+ km/2 U need at least 150-200k soldiers to keep under control every meter of that territory .

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,599
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What you need to do is that you make nukes. Then test those nukes by digging deep, DEEP bore holes in those mountains and detonating those nukes inside those boreholes.

Pros:
You'll have nukes.
The seismic shocks of those tests will bury those ratmen in their tunnels. Our precious troops will live to fight another, hopefully more honourable fight.
Cons:
Buncha bickering and moaning from the int'l community.

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,634
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
You need a full scale operation, not dropping some teams over PKK "wartunnels" and besiege them, our soldiers have not really much cover and are within enemy territory, they know where the helicopters dropped the teams, they have all their supplies in the tunnels so they wait it out and coordinate attacks with other terrorists around on our troops.

It makes more sense to build fortified outposts, with reconnaissance equipment and scan areas where terrorists are present and coordinate airstrikes to eliminate them.

Would create a lot of backlash in the arab world, cause major problems in foreign policy, looks like an invasion.

The real problem is a very weak KDP and a Baghdad that is partially controlled by Iran. Causes a huge security gap - a stronger Barzani would mean a safer border. Like having the village guard system outside the border. Currently Baghdad proposal for the krg soldiers is to pay the salary for only 20,000 soldiers. This means krg has to find the money elsewhere for all the other soldiers which isn't happening, supposedly they have 400,000 soldiers, but probably closer to 200,000. Only 20,000 would mean a huge security gap with no means to block PKK. This is made worse with the oil problem which also affects us.

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
10 1,258
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hear me out:
  • We build 'karakol's in vantge points, maybe upwards to fifty.
  • All manned by 30-40 soldiers, covering entire valleys.
  • There will be field generators, showers, comm equipment etc.
  • Some good optic systems to constantly scan the area maybe AI assisted.
  • Soldiers generally won't even need to go out in the open. Portable 7.62 and 12.7 turrets fire upon any attackers. Mortars and radars for mortar attacks.
  • Soldiers regularly fly quadcopter drones with thermals to patrol the perimeter.
  • Instant precision strike capabilities for opportunity targets at a distance. Maybe that heli carried artillery pieces MKEK made some months ago. Laser designators for artillery.
  • Cleaned caves may be utilized if large enough.
Slowly but surely, we put more of these farther away, and transform the ones at the back to a more cheap stations. High-tech low-manpower kalekols can be the solution to our problems.

The problems I can see with this is:
  • It's expensive.
  • Weather will be a problem, especially avalanche type situations.
  • The need for political capital on world stage.
I'm just a dilletante though. I will defer to people who are better at military science than me.

IČl

Reactions
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Iraq
İnna lillahi wainna ileyhi rajiun 🇹🇷🤲🤲
E74E0120-702B-40C9-8E4C-F972595E09AB.jpeg

Last edited:

TSKlove

Reactions
Nation of residence
Germany
Can anyone tell me how the situation Zap looks like? Will Türkiye be able to destroy the tunnels in max one year?

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,967
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
There are currently ~6 active tunnels in Pence Kilit operation, those are really big tunnels we are talking about hundreds of meters in they literally carved up the mountains. Most of the Zap region is under TSK's control, which is restricting the movement of the terrorists, that's why they are playing for time in the tunnels and sporadically attack our troops, this usually happens with guidance of other "war tunnels" who can spot our besieging troops from the other mountains. ATGM attacks are not rare. Zap has the highest priority for the terrorists, it's the brigde to Metina and Amedi.

I think what TSK will do before winter retreat is cleaning some parts of the tunnels and then blow up the cleaned sections.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,599
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There are currently ~6 active tunnels in Pence Kilit operation, those are really big tunnels we are talking about hundreds of meters in they literally carved up the mountains. Most of the Zap region is under TSK's control, which is restricting the movement of the terrorists, that's why they are playing for time in the tunnels and sporadically attack our troops, this usually happens with guidance of other "war tunnels" who can spot our besieging troops from the other mountains. ATGM attacks are not rare. Zap has the highest priority for the terrorists, it's the brigde to Metina and Amedi.

I think what TSK will do before winter retreat is cleaning some parts of the tunnels and then blow up the cleaned sections.
Seal the exits and let them choke to death.

Kitra

Reactions
2 201
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have a question, does Geneva convention apply to them? What keeps us from gassing those caves?
Geneva only applies to conventinal soldiers, not saboteurs, spies, guerilla fighters or terrorists.

However, chemical war is forbidden on higher level as crime against humanity.

But they could start a big fire in the cave and blow the smoke further in with big fans to fuel the fire. The smoke/heat will eventually come out at one exit that thermal cameras will detect with ease. Bomb/close that exit or start a new fire until all exists are covered. Do this until interior temp reach +200C to destroy any potential sensors/trap. Temperatures can easily reach 1000-1500C in tunnels/caves fires if it is properly fueled. Once one air-sealed section is sterilized then go to next air-sealed of section.

This will cover any cave of any size even if exists are km away. Disadvantage is it will take weeks for a big cave system with many sraled of sections since soldiers will not be able to go in for a long time. You would also need smoke divers + robots for this operation, not regular soldiers.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,365
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
thumbs_b_c_26a721eef30cdfadcae8548ad09edd04.jpg

The National Intelligence Organization (MİT) neutralized Celal Birdal, code-named "Sidar Serhat", one of the so-called press and archives officers of the terrorist organization PKK/KCK, in an operation in Gara, northern Iraq.

No Name

Reactions
5 312
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Is there a reason why robot dogs are not used to clean out those tunnels?

I would imagine that an army of robot dogs swarming in would make it easier to eliminate hostiles and make tunnel warfare extremely unpleasant for the defender.

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
10 1,258
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is there a reason why robot dogs are not used to clean out those tunnels?

I would imagine that an army of robot dogs swarming in would make it easier to eliminate hostiles and make tunnel warfare extremely unpleasant for the defender.
Signal loss would be my guess. You need cable connection and that would ruin mobility

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
10 1,258
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
But why would you need to have a signal at all? Why not just use an A.I?
If we put an AI in that robo-dog that's good enough for cave clearing, then the dog would be too expensive to clear the cave.

No to mention that needs at least 15 years of R&D and field testing.

No Name

Reactions
5 312
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
If we put an AI in that robo-dog that's good enough for cave clearing, then the dog would be too expensive to clear the cave.

No to mention that needs at least 15 years of R&D and field testing.
why would a robot dog with AI be so much more expensive than a robot dog that needs a signal?

there was a Turkish company that was working on a robot dog for tunnel clearing so I do not think it would be 15 years but if it does take 15 years it is still better to work towards that rather than risk soldier's lives.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,967
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
We need something like GBU-43 (MOAB) on crack, one of this babies would fry anything inside those tunnels.

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
10 1,258
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder how pricey it would be to just yeet a MOAB every two weeks at Kandil or other camps.

I also wonder if we have delivery system for it.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom