Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,746
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Depending on what route the US takes this might be very dangerous for us. The whole of Syria or an overwhelming chunk of it can fall into the hands of YPG/PKK.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,735
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
If this scares you off from attacking terrorists then you should start question your power.
The problem isnt in terrorists but is in GAS!
You think Russia would just sit and watch its only ally in the Med East burn to ashes? Just like how Ukraine targets Russian logistics to starve invading Russian soldiers, Russia can just cut gas supply to Turkey......

That Putin is crazy enough to actually start destroying cities to the ground just because he ismt winning the Ukranian war quickly and you think he will shy away from cutting gas to Turkey?

As I said in my previous post in this forum, how are you gonna operate your tanks, APC, Jets and submarines when you dont have oil or gas

Turkey's and the EU's lifeline is in Russia's hands.... Period!

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,941
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
You think Russia would just sit and watch its only ally in the Med East burn to ashes? Just like how Ukraine targets Russian logistics to starve invading Russian soldiers, Russia can just cut gas supply to Turkey......

That Putin is crazy enough to actually start destroying cities to the ground just because he ismt winning the Ukranian war quickly and you think he will shy away from cutting gas to Turkey?

As I said in my previous post in this forum, how are you gonna operate your tanks, APC, Jets and submarines when you dont have oil or gas

I wouldn't say that...Russia is not the only source of gas on the planet nor the most plentiful and there are already plans in motion to acquire alternate sources to compensate for the reliance on Russian gas.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,735
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

Orlan10 UAV of the Russian army crashed in Şanlıurfa/Birecik/Ekenek village. The distance to the border is 23~ km.

What are the Russians trying to do like that?!!
They are probably worried that Turkey would use this opportunity to further advance into Syria and rack some gains; thus, they are making sure that there is no turkish troops build-up within the region!

If a heavyweight in the region like Turkey got involved rn, Russia wont have any troops to send at the moment. Moreover, many Russian pilots that were in Syria, were recently transferred to Ukraine as some of such pilots are already captured bu Ukranian forces

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,941
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Russia is aware of such an Option and thus send Hypersonic Missile to their base near Latakia a week ago, so nobody tries anything funny.

Russia announced that MiG-31K jets and Tu-22M3 strategic bombers equipped with Kinjal hypersonic missiles were sent to Syria's Hmeymim base.

“The Tu-22M3 and MiG-31K long-range aircraft with the Kinjal air system were transferred to the Hmeymim airbase in Syria to participate in the Navy's inter-fleet group exercises in the Mediterranean ,” the statement of the Russian Ministry of Defense said .

In the statement, which stated that the aircraft covered more than 1,500 kilometers, the statement said, "Long-range aircraft will perform tasks that are appropriate for their purposes during the exercise . "

On January 20, the Russian Ministry of Defense announced the launch of a series of naval exercises with the participation of 140 warships and 10,000 soldiers.
Given the horrendous accuracy of Russian missiles in Ukraine, I think it's legitimate to question whether these even work as advertised.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,735
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
I wouldn't say that...Russia is not the only source of gas on the planet nor the most plentiful and there are already plans in motion to acquire alternate sources to compensate for the reliance on Russian gas.
I honestly agree that Russia isnt the only gas source and isnt the most plentiful. However, Russian gas is by far the cheapest on the market rn

Why do you think that the EU is still importing Russian gas worth 700 million Euros per day even during this conflict? Easy! Because it is bloody cheap and this aides in keeping electricity prices down!

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,941
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I honestly agree that Russia isnt the only gas source and isnt the most plentiful. However, Russian gas is by far the cheapest on the market rn

Why do you think that the EU is still importing Russian gas worth 700 million Euros per day even during this conflict? Easy! Because it is bloody cheap and this aides in keeping electricity prices down!
Yeah, it's cheap and available. For now.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
That would cause a "backstab" feeling on Russians and Turkey would lose its prospected mediating role. It is not the right time to strike and push Russians to the edge. But in case they make a frustrating move like bombing A400Ms in Ukraine or ships, cargo waiting around Ukraine or anything that will harm Turkey, then Turkey should beat the shit out of Assad and YPG. If this war extends more, then the West start pressing on Russia everywhere starting from Syria. Turkey should be smart and make a deal with the US.. something like give me YPG and I will reignite Idlib and kill Assad in it.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,735
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Yeah, it's cheap and available. For now.
The problem is that it is getting even cheaper at the moment
Thx to the EU sanctions, the ruble is in a massive freefall. In less than a month, it dropped from 73 to a dollar to 148 to a dollar at the moment. This makes it the worst currency this year and its gas is soooo cheap that even the lira is getting way too strong against it.

Rn, 1 lira equals 10 Russian rubles! Do you know when was the last time the exchange rate was similar? It was in March 2021 when the 7.3 liras equaled to a dollar

That means that Russian gas, even to the destroyed lira, is soooooo bloody cheap! If Turkey used such opportunity, it may even decrease gas prices in the next month or 2

Rn, more and more nations will crave for Russian gas especially when global inflation is rampant!

comolokko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That would cause a "backstab" feeling on Russians and Turkey would lose its prospected mediating role. It is not the right time to strike and push Russians to the edge. But in case they make a frustrating move like bombing A400Ms in Ukraine or ships, cargo waiting around Ukraine or anything that will harm Turkey, then Turkey should beat the shit out of Assad and YPG. If this war extends more, then the West start pressing on Russia everywhere starting from Syria. Turkey should be smart and make a deal with the US.. something like give me YPG and I will reignite Idlib and kill Assad in it.
if the russians hit our a400m in ukraine, we can find the opportunity to go deeper and create military areas in syria.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,827
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Iraq, Syria, Iran, Azerbaycan

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,941
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
The problem is that it is getting even cheaper at the moment
Thx to the EU sanctions, the ruble is in a massive freefall. In less than a month, it dropped from 73 to a dollar to 148 to a dollar at the moment. This makes it the worst currency this year and its gas is soooo cheap that even the lira is getting way too strong against it.

Rn, 1 lira equals 10 Russian rubles! Do you know when was the last time the exchange rate was similar? It was in March 2021 when the 7.3 liras equaled to a dollar

That means that Russian gas, even to the destroyed lira, is soooooo bloody cheap! If Turkey used such opportunity, it may even decrease gas prices in the next month or 2

Rn, more and more nations will crave for Russian gas especially when global inflation is rampant!
Have you checked the news? Barely anyone is buying Russian gas anymore, even the EU decided to speedrun their transition away from such resources after dragging their feet for so many years.

the

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

The Russian Defense Ministry’s TV channel just shared this footage of Syrian combatants ready to “volunteer” in Ukraine. (Putin moments ago endorsed such deployments, claiming that the West is openly sending mercenaries.)

I hope Turkey takes the initiative to recover Manbij and Tall Rifaat.

Russian warships would not be able to intervene and if Russia attempts to send Air support Turkey could simply threaten to close its air space.

Turkey will never have such a better opportunity than this. Its current mediation role is rather insignificant given that Russia will not legitamately negotiate unless the situation dramatically changes to the point that Ukraine reclaims captured territories.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom