Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,486
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to various sources, Turkiye gave the US and Russia a limited time to remove YPG from Tal Rifat, Manbij, and Ain Al Arab.
Turkiye won't give an additional time and will start operation when the time is up.
The US offered more Arab seats in the council of Tal Rifat and Ain Al Arab
The US also offered to reconfigure/restructure YPG and kick out the people Turkiye doesn't want.
Russia wants concessions in Ukraine for the political and military concessions in Syria.
Russia will remove obstacles from Tal Rifat and Ain Al Arab for the entry of Turkish forces.
The US side asked for help to reduce the influence of Iranian militias in North Syria.
Turkiye asked termination of YPG control of Syrian oilfields before taking this into consideration.
While negotiations are going with both the US and Russian side the only thing we hear from YPG and media is "YPG didn't accept the proposal". The YPG issue will not be solved with negotiations.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,997
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
While negotiations with both the US and Russian side the only thing we hear from YPG and media is "YPG didn't accept the proposal". The YPG issue will not be solved with negotiations.

What they want doesnt matter, its what the usa wants that matters. Without international support the PKK couldnt exist. But i get your point the enemy doesnt want peace.

Last edited by a moderator:

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,243
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The US plan against Turkiye if things escalate.
Deploy electronic and intelligence assets to aid YPG to limit Turkish EW/Intelligence superiority. (Mostly East of the Euphrates around the US-controlled area)
Authorize the use of Javelin and Stinger against Turkish forces which were given by the US to YPG.
Turn a blind eye to cross-border attacks of YPG with heavy weaponry.
Turn a blind eye to YPG- Syrian Regime(Shia Militias)-Russian cooperation.
Limited airpower can be used against the Syrian National Army.
According to the US if the losses of the Turkish Armed Forces ramp up Turkiye will be forced to stop operations then the US can come in between "parties" like a mediator to secure a deal that benefits the US.
Turkish casualities will lead to TAF backing down? Are these people daft? Do they know nothing about how Turkish soicety works?

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,997
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Turkish casualities will lead to TAF backing down? Are these people daft? Do they know nothing about how Turkish soicety works?

If you remember before Turkey hit the YPG in the east, the americans envisioned something similar. That the Turks would get bogged down in a long protracted war sustaining massive casualties leading to discontent within the nation. The YPG broke within the first day of the attack, it was over relatively quickly, i think less then a week it was over.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,934
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I have my doubts that the US army will make any serious moves against the Turkish army in assistance of YPG. Providing supplies and all that, sure, but the US armed forces don't necessarily share the same views as their ideologically-blinded leaders and are generally a bit more pragmatic than deciding to throw away American lives and equipment on propping up some incompetent proxies. Similar principle to how ANA was supported by the US for years in Afghanistan to no avail, Turkish government needs to capitalize on American disillusionment with the US government's foreign adventures with some well-placed "truth bomb" propaganda and that will probably do more to destroy PKK's foreign support base than endlessly playing whack-a-mole with terrorists.

Ironically enough, rise of isolationist right-wing sentiment in Europe and the US may actually be of use here since while they don't particularly like Turks, they also don't really care about anyone else in the Middle-East and are less likely to fall for the "poor vegan feminist freedom fighters" shtick and Turkey doesn't need them to help so much as just not interfere.

Turan

Reactions
1 350
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I have a question. Can Turkey eliminate all PKK terrorists in Syria in one major operation, ignoring all embargoes from the USA and Russia?

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have a question. Can Turkey eliminate all PKK terrorists in Syria in one major operation, ignoring all embargoes from the USA and Russia?
Why get out of your comfort zone and hasten a change while you can do it over time. Every passing day Türkiye is gathering strength. We can be more effective in a couple of more years when we get past 85% self reliance in technology.

Turan

Reactions
1 350
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
So, is Turkey's medium-term goal in Syria to create a buffer zone between the PKK and its own border with as little embargo as possible?

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,533
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
You can eliminate terrorist but can you stop people to join anyway? We are fighting pkk for years yet there is still no ending of it. I am not sure a terrorist organization can be ended just with military operations and not aware of any example of it.

AWP

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine
There is no reason for erdogan to publicise wanting to meet with Assad unless he's trying to create pressure on america and the ypg. If he wanted a meeting it would be kept behind closed doors until it happened, you wouldn't have erdogan announcing to mainstream media entites.

No

The mean reason why Erdogan want to meet Al-Assad is the massive success by Ümit Özdağ among the Turkish people with his 0 Syrian policy .

Last edited:

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,243
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
No

The mean reason why Erdogan want to meet Al-Assad is massive success by Ümit Özdağ among the Turkish people with his 0 Syrian policy .
Guys, don't get your hopes up with Mr. Özdağ. My close friends tried to work with him. Two different people in two different occasions. He treated them like trash. The guy has serious problems leading people. And there is the issue of his private life, which is private, but this is Turkish politics. You just can't go around fucking everything that moves. Davulun sesi uzaktan hoş geliyor. But all is not sunshine and smiles. If I know this, Erdogan and his people also know this. Don't believe in the internet hype. Zafer won't last long. Personally I support İYİ begrudgingly.

Regarding syrians, I think Mr. Özdağ is actually trivializing the problem by turning it into a meme. That's my position.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
No

The mean reason why Erdogan want to meet Al-Assad is the massive success by Ümit Özdağ among the Turkish people with his 0 Syrian policy .
Hahaha, a nice joke mate

Umit Ozdag's 0 Syrian policy just proves how much of a naive politician he is; from where do the PKK terrorist train, build their bombs, and obtain their logistics? From Syria. Therefore, it is logical to hit the source which is Syria. Unsurprisingly, this has reduced the terror rate within Turkey to single digits per year from 2016 onwards

I know many in this forum hate the Turkish intervention in Syria; however, it is without a doubt, one of the successful policies this govt would have achieved if it was completely done. Ofcourse both Russia, and USA knows this and that is why they are preventing Turkey from completing the 30 km safe zone from the Turkish borders

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,010
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hahaha, a nice joke mate

Umit Ozdag's 0 Syrian policy just proves how much of a naive politician he is; from where do the PKK terrorist train, build their bombs, and obtain their logistics? From Syria. Therefore, it is logical to hit the source which is Syria. Unsurprisingly, this has reduced the terror rate within Turkey to single digits per year from 2016 onwards

I know many in this forum hate the Turkish intervention in Syria; however, it is without a doubt, one of the successful policies this govt would have achieved if it was completely done. Ofcourse both Russia, and USA knows this and that is why they are preventing Turkey from completing the 30 km safe zone from the Turkish borders

Umit Ozdag believes sending them all back.

Thats it.

He has no end game plan.

I now strongly believe the TSk can solve this problem.

Politicians wont solve shit.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,010
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Syrians like Bashar Al Assad and his father still dream of taking Hatay back.

Greater_Syria_Map.png

This map is what they believe and they want to make it a reality.

Huge chunk of Turkiye they believe belongs to them.

You still have jackasses who jerk over Bashar Al assad.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Umit Ozdag believes sending them all back.

Thats it.

He has no end game plan.

I now strongly believe the TSk can solve this problem.

Politicians wont solve shit.
This is why Iam saying that Umit Ozdag is naive
Lets say we sent all of the Syrians back, without proper protection, most of them will die horrible deaths.
Lets talk about demographics here..... Most of the refugees Turkey took are the majority of the Syrian demographic which are pro-Turkey Sunni Muslims..... the mjnority radical Shia anti-Turkey are the ones ruling Syria rn....

If Turkey sent the pro-Turkey Syrians back into Syria willy nilly without any guarantees, then the Assad administration will go the Russian way and bury them all below the ground. This means that the demographic of Syria will change from majority pro-Turkey to majority pro-Iran and anti-Turkey. As a result, rather than the solution for Turkey's internal security being pushing the radicals away from Turkish border by 30 km, the answer for Turkish security will be total elimination of the Syrian state (as it completely became a terror breeding area) which is 100 times harder

If this possibility came into existence👆, then the possibility of peace and territorial integrity within Turkey is close to nill...... this is something that shouldnt be allowed to happen no matter what

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Syrians like Bashar Al Assad and his father still dream of taking Hatay back.

View attachment 51173

This map is what they believe and they want to make it a reality.

Huge chunk of Turkiye they believe belongs to them.

You still have jackasses who jerk over Bashar Al assad.
That is why all Turkish politicians who stand with the idea of talks with Bashar are naive

Bashar Assad himself is soo happy that the majority of the Sunni Syrian population arent in Syria anymore so that he can change the demographic as much as he wants and that is why he doesnt want the Syrian refugees in Turkey back

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom