Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,613
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Not sure about the news but photo is from 2019.
"The Iraqi Ministry of Defense announced that it had received an advanced air defense missile system"
The oldest sighting of that pic is from 2017. Attached it down below:

Given the porousness of the Iraq - Syria border, its safe to assume that they already got those.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,576
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The oldest sighting of that pic is from 2017. Attached it down below:

Given the porousness of the Iraq - Syria border, its safe to assume that they already got those.
I don't see the relation. If someone gives AA to PKK, it'll be US directly, not via intermediaries.

I'm following weapons deliveries to PKK in Syria for about 10 years. Biggest stuff they have on hand are TOW, Humvees and Maxxpros still. No AA, no Javelins.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,441
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't see the relation. If someone gives AA to PKK, it'll be US directly, not via intermediaries.

I'm following weapons deliveries to PKK in Syria for about 10 years. Biggest stuff they have on hand are TOW, Humvees and Maxxpros still. No AA, no Javelins.
The fact that the USA gives air defense systems to the PKK means that they are increasing their hand. This requires us to respond to them. If one of our planes crashes, US soldiers may start dying the next day. Or their planes may be shot down. I don't think they took that risk.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,576
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The fact that the USA gives air defense systems to the PKK means that they are increasing their hand. This requires us to respond to them. If one of our planes crashes, US soldiers may start dying the next day. Or their planes may be shot down. I don't think they took that risk.
I don't disagree but we don't have proof that US have been giving them AA.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,782
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
You should know how they operate. Deny deny deny and deny some more. Even if they waltz with the SRAD system in a parade, they’ll just keep denying.

best you can do is hit and kill the system and make it very costly for US to feed the terrorists.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,068
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Here we are talking about a possible air defense engagement with the PKK. I don't think they have given air defense systems to the PKK yet.

I think they wil give pkk air defence systems. Its a matter of time.

Turkiye is declared alongside Russia and China as a threat to the free world.

Dont be surprised if they expel us from nato. Zaten Turkiye is under sanctions and embargoes. Its going to get worse from here.

Not only Turkiye will contend with threats from Russia, China and Iran but also the USA and the EU alongside Israel.

Turkiye is a lion surrounded by hyenas.

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,659
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
You should know how they operate. Deny deny deny and deny some more. Even if they waltz with the SRAD system in a parade, they’ll just keep denying.

best you can do is hit and kill the system and make it very costly for US to feed the terrorists.

The US budget dwarfs ours. To make it costly would require us to be practically declaring war. We lost tens of millions this year just in drone crashes, excluding munitions and fuel costs for f16 etc. the USA doesn't even blink at these costs.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,441
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
F_jTTq_WAAEfF3B

Today, 4 vehicles carrying PKK terrorist organization leaders were destroyed by UCAVs in 4 regions in northern Syria (Rumeylan, Şorek, Tel Maruf, Tel Ayd).

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,622
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
F_jTTq_WAAEfF3B

Today, 4 vehicles carrying PKK terrorist organization leaders were destroyed by UCAVs in 4 regions in northern Syria (Rumeylan, Şorek, Tel Maruf, Tel Ayd).
Visual confirmation shows 2 vehicles targeted. One direct hit and apparently one miss. Regardless of this it is reported that a so-called leader terrorist responsible for the petrol in Rumeylan with code name "Hayri" was killed in the operation.

1700674189475.png

1700674202459.png

In the last couple of weeks this is second miss in the area around Qamishli. There is also one more miss in the Makhmur area in the north of Iraq. It is reported that 2 terrorists died in a drone strike in Rumeylan but I am not sure if this is the same case or another strike.

guest12

Reactions
2 876
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Ardan Zentürk claimed two months ago CENTCOM delivered Patriot batteries to KRG.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,576
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ardan Zentürk claimed two months ago CENTCOM delivered Patriot batteries to KRG.
Zentürk claimed many things over the years. No Patriot delivery was made to KRG, but we know that Americans Patriots were deployed to Northern Iraq in the past so no reason to doubt they deployed a unit after Iran started encroaching on the north.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,622
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,782
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
YPG has military conscription system where they draft whoever they want. They recruit in all areas.
So killing the recruits are not gonna help. Would Taking out training facilities and such work better. It’s necessary to destroy the infrastructure that the US is helping them build.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,622
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
So killing the recruits are not gonna help. Would Taking out training facilities and such work better. It’s necessary to destroy the infrastructure that the US is helping them build.
Neutralizing manpower is also important but what we did with the last air operation was even more important. Both important infrastructure was hit and also terrorists that were responsible for the contacts with their western "partners". Contrary to the belief YPG has extremely fragile structure and the day US leaves them they will melt in a matter of weeks. That's why they are pushing all the buttons they can by both keeping contact with the West, Russia and Assad. They are also aware of their real situation contrary to the propaganda they make as "the undefeatable force that defeated DEASH single handedly".

The last air operation brought them to their knees and it wasn't even something intense. Imagine what happens when US leaves and TSK unleashes its full power on them. I am giving them maximum two weeks before they start to beg for mercy and we start to capture their leaders on the border posing as refugees.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom