Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
85 17,383
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
A UCAV strike took place against the village of Bafdik, east of Kobani/west of Tel Abyad. There is no visual at the moment and the chances that it was actually a Kargu loitering munition are high as previously the area was targeted by Kargu.

Together with this, there are important developments.

Yesterday night a big reinforcement convoy crossed to Syrian territory and moved towards the contact line with Tal Rifat. Among other military equipment, IFVs and tanks were spotted.

According to information obtained by local sources, a dispute arose due to the Russian-Turkish rapprochement process, since the Tal Rifat region and its surroundings are subject to Russian protection, meaning that the regions in question will fall within the scope of Russian-Turkish agreements.

Local sources: This situation threatens the Iranian presence in these regions, especially since the Iranian presence in Aleppo and its surroundings is rejected by Turkiye and Russia.

Video: The large village of Kafranbel, located on the front line in southern Idlib. Iran continues its expansionism at full throttle wherever it enters, Iranian flags were seen in Kafranbel. According to the news from local sources yesterday, Iranian-backed militias seized unknown numbers of villages in the south of Aleppo and deny entry to the Syrian regime militias to 6 villages of these villages.

Han Sebil, Seraqib, Marat Numan and many others are in the same situation.

After the recent statements by Assad and Erdogan an article by Al-Watan newsparer states the following;

"Upcoming Syrian-Turkish meeting in Iraq's capital Baghdad"

A meeting between Turkiye and the Assad regime in Baghdad would be "the beginning of a long negotiation process that could lead to political and field understandings"

According to the newspaper, citing unnamed sources, Turkiye asked Russia and Iraq to sit at a bilateral table with the Assad regime, without the presence of any third party and away from the media, and discuss the details of reestablishing relations.

Assad continues to swim in dangerous waters as he continues to demand a full Turkish withdrawal as a pre-condition for negotiations. It's like they're trying to raise their hands again before the meeting.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,771
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
By the looks, everything is working perfectly for our enemies. Expect elections soon... 😕
How on earth did such events happen consecutively in the span of less than a day that led to this shithole of a situation

The Syrians in Northern Syria are going full mania on the idle thought that Turkey may make a deal with Assad and let him take Northern Syria

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
85 17,383
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
How on earth did such events happen consecutively in the span of less than a day that led to this shithole of a situation

The Syrians in Northern Syria are going full mania on the idle thought that Turkey may make a deal with Assad and let him take Northern Syria
What is happening in the north of Syria is amplified by the enemies of Turkiye. The statements of Erdogan and Assad, the protests in Turkiye's Kayseri, the second opening of the border with Assad for trade, everything was combined and all the tension which was held for so long was released.

We can't hold the matter in Syria as a separate matter to the one related to the Syrian refugees in Turkiye.

We allowed this by acting softly and showing tolerance towards the armed groups in Syria with the aim of stability, preventing the splitting of the Syrian Opposition and giving a chance to the wrongdoers to turn back from their malign agenda. Well, not everything goes according to the plan. In result of this soft attitude of ours the Turkish controlled areas were filled with criminals and terrorists and their only aim is to support the chaos in the north of Syria because they will become irrelevant after order is established and later judged and/or directly eliminated.

From the beginning of this year TSK and MIT started to act with more determination and field work so logically we succeeded in important tasks including search and rescue of V.I.Ps, force protection operations, direct actions against terrorist cells in Turkish controlled areas, the exposure and expelling of agents connected to HTS and many more. On the political side of things we also managed to initiate some processes, but all that listed was not enough in order to catch up to the gaps we allowed to form both on the field and on the political arena.

From now on I think a new period will start. A period where a clear line will be put about who's who and what's the vision regarding the future. I think I said it before somewhere in this thread, but I will repeat my statement with the risk of being boring. I am sure that the real problem that is keeping our strategists awake at night is not YPG, but HTS.

I am thinking for some time about a solution to this problem and can't find any to it. The protests that are going on for more than half a year, daily are not bringing the results I would like to see. Our plan with the coup of Qahtani failed miserably and after a long time in the prison of Julani he was blown up in one of his places in Idlib... The military commander of HTS resigned and now even more loyal guy will replace him, internal division between factions in Idlib is almost impossible as any faction that would raise its voice gets smashed.

The biggest problem is that the only enabling factor for our operations in Syria is the support of the local people and the Interim Government. If we lose the support of the local people and they turn against the Interim Government then HTS will enter our areas as before, but this time there will be nobody to stop them and our pretext will be void, us being seen as basically invaders according to everybody and the international law.

Assad will also have the full right to invade whatever is left of Idlib and the Turkish controlled areas as the Opposition he recognizes, Russia and Iran also recognize will be gone and there will be only HTS, an organization taking place in the terrorism lists of these actors including the US and Turkiye.

After this we can expect even more refugees coming from Syria and absolutely no realistic chance of them going back.

The events that happened in the last 4 days are endangering even the small gains we were able to make. I just really don't know how are we going to manage this situation. There's nothing good coming out of this land for us other than olives (maybe).

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
85 17,383
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
We can talk romantic about it but it is clear as the sun, Turkiye's Syria policy is bankrupt and we got 5 lmn Syrians as bonus
What happened was destined to happen, but at a later stage. This premature escalation and the situation going out of control will costs us for sure. The necessary preparations are not completed and this will create a lot of headaches if not a total collapse. I hope we pay the important guys good enough so we can stabilize the situation for 1-2 more years otherwise our official presence there may be ended.

What happened is a good lesson for our strategists, the Syrians in Turkiye and the Turkish justice system. I hope everybody took its lesson...

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
85 17,383
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom