TR Missile & Smart Munition Programs

Lonewolf

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
No the problem is you act like you know everything better. When you say crap like oh you turks need high altitude turbofan engine test facility, it just sounds dumb. There are fucking 1500 engineers working for tei and you act like you found a failure that those fucking 1500 engineers havent thought about yet as if when they finish the prototype of a fucking 20000 lb turbofan engine they will say “ hey where is the high altitude tesst facility there supposed to be one here”

ahdhshaj aklima arogda arifin ekmekleri yaptirdiktan sonra firin bulamayip cabuk firin yapin demesi geldi.

and if you are really naive enough to think that MBDA would give meteor technology to any country let alone turkey there is no need to talk further
thats ur fking problem ,and mods i am replying so dont go all sissy please.

and ur 1500 engineer know it too , but they wont get hurt with little things , i ask for things which open source in my browser is not in top , some of u take everything as disrespect , some member replied that they will use motor sich facilities for initial testing , thats the sensible answer one expect instead of all other ganging up like kids . if u know something then reply otherwise ignore

BTT34

Reactions
1 43
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

and ur 1500 engineer know it too , but they wont get hurt with little things , i ask for things which open source in my browser is not in top , some of u take everything as disrespect , some member replied that they will use motor sich facilities for initial testing , thats the sensible answer one expect instead of all other ganging up like kids . if u know something then reply otherwise ignore
What does 1500 engineers know?

BTT34

Reactions
1 43
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Also TÜBİTAK SAGE is building trisonic wind tunnel for Ramjet engine

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,720
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
No, this part of your statement is definitely not true. Developing this sfdr technology will not be easy or cheap, as the solid fuel ramjet is much more difficult to manage.
Correct! It must have been difficult and expensive for the Indians as well, since they started the project in 2013 and first test was done in 2018 without success. Missile failed to activate the ramjet. Then in 2019 another test was performed. This time the missile achieved the desired Mach number before touching ground. Finally in Mach 2021 a missile was fired, that performed to required parameters. So it took them 8 years before a successful missile test. It still is not in the inventory yet. It is still being developed. The project budget has already been revised to best part of 125 million dollars.
Brahmos started with a budget of 325 million dollars. Now it is estimated to have reached 1 billion dollars. (That includes the scramjet program too)
Of course they must be thankful to the Russians for the help they got until now. The DRDO initially began developing SFDR technologies as a joint development project with Russia’s defence export agency, Rosoboronexport. After jointly developing state-of-the-art propulsion technology, and high-tech sub-systems such as a nozzle-less booster, fuel flow controller and boron-based sustainer, the DRDO is now going it alone.
We don’t have a big brother that is holding our hands like that. So any achievement that Tubitak Sage makes in this field, has more meaning to us.

Lonewolf

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Correct! It must have been difficult and expensive for the Indians as well, since they started the project in 2013 and first test was done in 2018 without success. Missile failed to activate the ramjet. Then in 2019 another test was performed. This time the missile achieved the desired Mach number before touching ground. Finally in Mach 2021 a missile was fired, that performed to required parameters. So it took them 8 years before a successful missile test. It still is not in the inventory yet. It is still being developed. The project budget has already been revised to best part of 125 million dollars.
Brahmos started with a budget of 325 million dollars. Now it is estimated to have reached 1 billion dollars. (That includes the scramjet program too)
Of course they must be thankful to the Russians for the help they got until now. The DRDO initially began developing SFDR technologies as a joint development project with Russia’s defence export agency, Rosoboronexport. After jointly developing state-of-the-art propulsion technology, and high-tech sub-systems such as a nozzle-less booster, fuel flow controller and boron-based sustainer, the DRDO is now going it alone.
We don’t have a big brother that is holding our hands like that. So any achievement that Tubitak Sage makes in this field, has more meaning to us.
russian involvement in sfdr is non existent , it was media speculation , russia dont have tech for sfdr till now in aam category , how will they guide us , basic thought

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,720
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
russian involvement in sfdr is non existent , it was media speculation , russia dont have tech for sfdr till now in aam category , how will they guide us , basic thought
Now . Yes . India is going alone. They have managed it themselves. And it is normal for a nation that can build ICBMs. But…
According to above sites it started with Russian help!!
R77-PD has an air breathing ramjet motor.

Lonewolf

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Now . Yes . India is going alone. They have managed it themselves. And it is normal for a nation that can build ICBMs. But…
According to above sites it started with Russian help!!
R77-PD has an air breathing ramjet motor.
these are written by guys with understanding of defense equal to a monkey , they one said shoulder launched brahmos , what else one expect .

and r77 pd is not even tested properly yet

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nobody should waste time on that troll, does your company have this, have that, you can't make it. Like we have to prove ourself specially a strategic companies machinery. Go troll about Indian engineering history, 30 years and still not engine. If you butt hurtsdoesn't means our butt should hurts to. If you are not capable to make it, should blame yourself and not others.

get the fk out of here and troll somewhere else :D .

Last edited:

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think you guys easily labeled @Lonewolf as a troll. I think his questions are pretty consistent. Being skeptical is understandable.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We are using gel fuel for our ramjet project because solid fuel is very problematic when it comes to scramjets. We want to use a similar gel-type fuel for our scramjet in the future. Scramjet project is designed as a continuation of the ramjet project.

kenny

Committed member
Reactions
1 875
Nation of residence
Japan
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why shouldn't we do what India is doing? We have the potential and the young gems to do it. While commenting, do not make comments that make Turkey look bad. This forum is open to everyone's comments. And remember, I always say it from time to time. " 青は藍より出でて藍より青し" Çivitten çıkan mavi çivitten daha mavidir. In other words, a person who starts a job later can surpass the one that started earlier.

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A7F3891B-6EF8-4672-AF03-0A46E456F765.jpeg

Lonewolf

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Maybe you're understanding is equal to a monkey? You chat bs and will only agree if it's pro india because you say you are from there. However you critisize Turks because you know so much more of what's going on in Turkey right? You're a hypocrite.
Ranting ...... I have details and research paper too regarding the development , that's why i commented so

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,720
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nammo has ben experimenting with ramjet powered 155mm artillery rounds, achieving a staggering 150km effective range.
We should be looking in to this as the next stage of our ramjet development program.
Instead of EM railgun tech , this has more future to pursue.

1644408397115.jpeg

kimov

Committed member
Reactions
1 408
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nammo has ben experimenting with ramjet powered 155mm artillery rounds, achieving a staggering 150km effective range.
We should be looking in to this as the next stage of our ramjet development program.
Instead of EM railgun tech , this has more future to pursue.

View attachment 39641
Idea seem good idea at first glance but is in reality not very good for standard 155mm shells as it beats the whole idea of artillery shells, i.e. be cheap and effective. This solution is expensive, more complex than standard shells, most likely have no guidance and virtually no explosive to do any damage. Keep in mind that the kinetic energy will have been consumed during the flight so it does not have much kinetic energy either at 150km (as it will have +70km unpropelled flight).

A rocket artillery like tr-122 (MBRL), trlg-230 or trg-300 is most likely much more effective and cheaper when you consider the war-head size they carry.

Said said, a ramjet in this size is still very good for AA-missiles which we are also developing.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom