TR Missile & Smart Munition Programs

RaptorF22

Reactions
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Tunisia
Manufacturers do not allow such integrations. It is not legally possible to do this integration on your own. After a comprehensive modernization if you have capability, all kinds of changes can be made in the payloads by mastering the mission computers and source codes. Example F16 Özgür.
But is it not possible, for example, to identify the missile to the plane's computer as a bomb or a missile that is in the plane's arsenal, such as Aasm bombs or a dumb bomb? Because the missile is programmed on the ground and is only launched from the air.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
But is it not possible, for example, to identify the missile to the plane's computer as a bomb or a missile that is in the plane's arsenal, such as Aasm bombs or a dumb bomb? Because the missile is programmed on the ground and is only launched from the air.

Our F16 fires the missiles with out permission, they made a software that the mission computer thinks that he fires a american missile. It depends skilled your engineers are. When our Ozgur project started, Americans have changed the mission computers so we could not play with the newer blocks. Our block 30 and 40 can fire SOM missile with out problems.

I can not find the article about the begin phase of the project.

comolokko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
the tv presenter insists that some parts of the ammunition (mam series l,c,t) were exported from germany. yes, we also buy solder from china and some copper and avocado from south africa.. some european countries act as if they have sold us everything except tb2's itself. they are funny.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,718
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
  • Akbaba Anti-radar/radiation solid fuel Ramjet missile
  • Gökhan BVR liquid fuel Ramjet missile

+ Ramjet Anti-ship missile
We all have been reading and discussing about Gökhan ramjet a2a missile having a liquid fuelled ramjet engine.
But the Akbaba anti radiation missile is going to have a solid fuelled ramjet propulsion engine.
Our current AGM-88 HARM missiles are near 2 Mach speed and around 100km range missiles. Akbaba will be replacing this missile. To have a ramjet engine means it will have around 3-4 Mach speed. This will make it much deadlier than the current AGM-88s. If it is going to be anything like the engine used in Meteor (sans throttability) , than the range could be doubled , even tripled.
This could be a game changer capability in our hands. Add a stealth geometry and paint. You have one killer of an anti radiation missile in your inventory.
Fantastic news!

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
We all have been reading and discussing about Gökhan ramjet a2a missile having a liquid fuelled ramjet engine.
But the Akbaba anti radiation missile is going to have a solid fuelled ramjet propulsion engine.
Our current AGM-88 HARM missiles are near 2 Mach speed and around 100km range missiles. Akbaba will be replacing this missile. To have a ramjet engine means it will have around 3-4 Mach speed. This will make it much deadlier than the current AGM-88s. If it is going to be anything like the engine used in Meteor (sans throttability) , than the range could be doubled , even tripled.
This could be a game changer capability in our hands. Add a stealth geometry and paint. You have one killer of an anti radiation missile in your inventory.
Fantastic news!

Why would Gokhan have a liquid fuel ramjet propulsion, I haven't read anything of the sort..

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Fantastic news!
Roketsan develops solid fuel ramjet engine which will be placed in an AAM, but liquid one which is developed by Tubitak will be in an ARM. Shouldn't be reverse more true as AAM missiles will be high G's which can create problems with liquid fuel.

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,558
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Fantastic news!
I am almost certain that Akbaba will be more effective than AGM 88 HARM Since for Harm targeting Pod (HTM) AN/ASQ - 213A is integral for the maximum effective usage and range. And As far as we know not even Israel but only US Air force have it. Hope we have or will have a similar Pod project since The same pod will enable planes to utilize target location data and employ precision guided munitions to destroy hostile emitters.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,718
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why would Gokhan have a liquid fuel ramjet propulsion, I haven't read anything of the sort..
If you read the savunmasanayist’s article shared in my post, it states that Gökhan will have a liquid fuelled ramjet engine. We had discussed this before. And concluded that it has to be similar to Brahmos missile’s fuel; which is stated as liquid. But it is actually a gel based liquid fuel. Gel fuels have all the advantages of solid fuels regarding storage and additives. And works better when throttability is needed.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,718
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Roketsan develops solid fuel ramjet engine which will be placed in an AAM, but liquid one which is developed by Tubitak will be in an ARM. Shouldn't be reverse more true as AAM missiles will be high G's which can create problems with liquid fuel.
For an air to air missile that will be direct competition to the Meteor, it is imperative that throttleability is achieved. It is a very complex method with which throttle capability is given to solid rocket fueled ramjets. (I had discussed this in previous pages). Most probably the solid fuelled ramjet engine that will power Akbaba Missile will be just a solid fuelled ramjet without throttle capability.
Gokhan however needs throttle capability, so that it can cruise to it’s target then speed up at final terminal stage to effect a kill. The best way to achieve this is with liquid fuels. But due to additives (that enhance the fuel performance) sinking to the bottom of liquid fuels, they use gel fuels, so that the additives are homogeneously mixed. This improves the storability characteristics of the fuel too. When gel fuels are pushed in to combustion chamber they are actually in liquid form. So the engine can be easily throttled up and down.

Last edited:

Turan

Reactions
1 350
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
If you read the savunmasanayist’s article shared in my post, it states that Gökhan will have a liquid fuelled ramjet engine. We had discussed this before. And concluded that it has to be similar to Brahmos missile’s fuel; which is stated as liquid. But it is actually a gel based liquid fuel. Gel fuels have all the advantages of solid fuels regarding storage and additives. And works better when throttability is needed.
I've heard first time about "gel-based" liquid fuel from you. Thanks for information.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,718
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I've heard first time about "gel-based" liquid fuel from you. Thanks for information.
If you go back to page 127 and my post #2530 in this thread you will see detailed info about both solid fuel and liquid fuel ramjets.

Last edited:

comolokko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kamaz truck ?
why does the Turkish army persistently and persistently use mercedes trucks? why is there a kamaz truck in this picture? why are foreign brand trucks being tendered one after the other when there are domestic productions like bmc?

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,520
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
why does the Turkish army persistently and persistently use mercedes trucks? why is there a kamaz truck in this picture? why are foreign brand trucks being tendered one after the other when there are domestic productions like bmc?

I have no idea. They could have reused the M4K ARV truck for example ?

comolokko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have no idea. They could have reused the M4K ARV truck for example ?
of course they could use it. we have at least 5 local companies can make new designs and produce like this truck if needed.
corruption most likely, could be bribes and backhanders going on.
i never thought that the unimog tender was innocent anyway.

please see this tender list. almost all demand spare parts for unimog. when you buy such vehicles, you will be capture for 50 years.
spare parts procurement tenders

our domestic companies that have the capacity to produce this truck and its variants:
bmc
demmak
pi makina
fnss
nurol

note: i know Unimogs are produced in Turkey.

kenny

Committed member
Reactions
1 875
Nation of residence
Japan
Nation of origin
Turkey
Don't all export versions use kamaz? Bangladesh and that region always use kamaz, even Bangladesh itself wanted it to be kamaz. Maybe that's why the pictures are too.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
SOM-B
1651321059605.png

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom