TR Missile & Smart Munition Programs

Bayraktar TB2

Contributor
Reactions
SOM missiles do not have the biggest warhead but its also designed to be used for anti-ship role. Also Medium Ranged Anti-Ship Missile project in development that will be used from F16s.

View attachment 2681
Yes that's the mrashm with dual seeker or just iir unveiled with tj-300 turbojet missile engine.
Let's also not forget som-c1/c2 with bigger warheads and antiship capability.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Differences between Atmaca and SOM anti ship missile version is that Atmaca is Navies project and SOM is airforce. So you will never see Atmaca fired by a F16.

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,558
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I bet we will see an AIR ATMACA even before SUB ATMACA not only on f 16 or F 4 but ''potentialy'' on ATR 72ASW since ''it is also able to be reconfigured with additional specific systems and missile armaments to carry out anti-ship missions. ''

Oublious

Experienced member
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I bet we will see an AIR ATMACA even before SUB ATMACA not only on f 16 or F 4 but ''potentialy'' on ATR 72ASW since ''it is also able to be reconfigured with additional specific systems and missile armaments to carry out anti-ship missions. ''

Againg ATR is navies plane, airforce will not start project for Atmaca. Maybe in the future but for now ther is no such project. Harpoon air launched from fighter versions are smaller then ship or sub launched versions, so believe ther will not a fighter model of Atmaca. Atmaca is big to be fired from F16.

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Againg ATR is navies plane, airforce will not start project for Atmaca. Maybe in the future but for now ther is no such project. Harpoon air launched from fighter versions are smaller then ship or sub launched versions, so believe ther will not a fighter model of Atmaca. Atmaca is big to be fired from F16.
Atmaca without booster almost same in weight with SOM

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,013
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

Sub Atmaca is entirely possible (Gezgin is the end goal, it'll be an evolution of the Atmaca [pretty much a Turkish Tomahawk]). But the Atmaca is designed to be launched from tubes. For F16/F4s I think SOM is already filling in that niche (200km+ anti-ship cruise missile).

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I see it with my current understanding on the topic.

Oublious

Experienced member
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Atmaca without booster almost same in weight with SOM

againg length of atmaca is 5 meter and som is 3.5, i am not saying ther will be not atmaca for f16. Maybe in the future, or they will use it with this dimension.

T

Turko

Laser guided missile can engage moving targets i suppose, and i expected this missile to have dual purpose, to engage naval and land assets -docks-bases. And again from what i have seen these systems are considered for Landing vessels to provide additional fire support prior to the landing.
Considering TRG missiles , they are cost effective solutions,TRG230- without imaging- with just old gen cheap IR seeker( even FLIR) the missile can easily lock on big warships.
tumblr_ne443ez1bB1sfslmbo1_400.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Osprey

Reactions
Concerning ATMACA we know that there will be land based varient and submarine launched varient even a land to land varient of ATMACA for Land forces . However, I am just a bit curios why we havent heard anything about an Air Launced ATMACA in an anti ship role yet. (eventhough there are rumors about a ramjet missile either as an A2A? or and antiship Missile?) Ok I know we have SOM but still ATMACA is a dedicated anti ship missile! is it only me or an Air launched ATMACA varient also makes sense to you guys too? As in the case of AIR Harpoon?

abo.jpg
As far as I remember we have, actually. In the past weeks Murat İkinci, CEO of Roketsan said the air-launced version was in development. Personally I don't think it would be efficient considering its size and weight, developing one based on MRASM would be better imo. But you guys should also remember that Roketsan is developing the SOM-J a.k.a the once planned antiship missile of F-35 and it is already on advanced development. We have Som C1/C2's which could be used as an AShM as well. There are SLAM-ERs too... In short we have plenty of options.

Last edited:

Osprey

Reactions
Sub Atmaca is entirely possible (Gezgin is the end goal, it'll be an evolution of the Atmaca [pretty much a Turkish Tomahawk]). But the Atmaca is designed to be launched from tubes. For F16/F4s I think SOM is already filling in that niche (200km+ anti-ship cruise missile).

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I see it with my current understanding on the topic.
The main goal behind developing the land to land version of Atmaca is to have a stop gap solution until the Gezgin long range cruise missile is ready; acc. to Murat İkinci.

If I can find it I will add the source later on

Osprey

Reactions
thanks if so good news! I am happy and will sleep well tonight😈
I have been thinking lately... Our defence industy grew and developed so much since the past decade, especially on the missile systems. I think we should cherish these moments. It's like seeing your newborn child grow up, y'know. I bet we will miss these tatlı heyecanlı moments..
I remember being so much proud about Kirpis and Cobras but after a decade we've stepped up our game on a incredible level dude. Just think about it. 10 years ago we were proud about producing some armored vehicles but now we are talking about developing Ramjet missiles! We are going through truly incredible times... I don't think I could've imagined these days; thanks Allah for all these achievements man.

Last edited:

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,558
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have been thinking lately... Our defence industy grew and developed so much since the past decade, especially on the missile systems. I think we should cherish these moments. It's like seeing your newborn child grow up, y'know. I bet we will miss these tatlı heyecanlı moments..
I remember being so much proud about Kirpis and Cobras but after a decade we've stepped up our game on a incredible level dude. Just think about it dude. 10 years ago we were being proud about producing some armored vehicles but now we are talking about developing Ramjet missiles! We are going through truly incredible times... I don't think I could've imagined these days; thanks Allah for all these achievements man.
you are absolutely right dude, your words are the shared fellings for all of us. I couldn’t have put it any better !!!

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 968
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
First u need US permission to fire medium range Atmaca from f16 at least for newer versions of f16 block 50+.
Thats why is important to produce national fighter aircraft .

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Must be AI-305 Turbofan?
ai305-2.jpg

The AI-305 engine is designed for use as part of single- and twin-engine power units for general-purpose aircraft. The engine has a single-shaft design with integral electric generator. The AI-305 turbofan is an engine of new generation in the thrust class of 200 … 300 kgf. Its specific fuel consumption corresponds to that of the best existing turbojet engines with similar sizing.

Takeoff Power (SLS, ISA)
Thrust, kgf310
Specific fuel consumption, kg/kgf/h1.18
Maximum Cruise Power (H=7,000 m, М=0.8; ISA)
Thrust, kgf (maintained up to tamb = + 10°С)110
Specific fuel consumption, kg/kgf/h1.40
Dimensions and weight
Diameter of the compressor inlet, mm232
Length, mm650
Dry engine weight, kg61

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,739
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
And thats why don't cooperate with people who can not keep their mouth shut.

I'm thinking, hoping of course that we will succesfully develop our own. But use both our own and the Ukrainian in different scenarios. Comparing performance wise etc.

I think keeping our own away from public eye would/is strategic?

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,159
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kale having developed the KTJ3200 and TEI having developed TJ300/TJ400 and TS1500 Turkey has all the industrial base to produce such an engine. Understandably there still is some work that needs to be done to make a low bypass turbofan like this AI-305. This engine being single shaft seems to be the simplest of turbofan engines so I would expect an indigenous model can be developed in the next couple years. I think Turkish government wouldn't start making Gezgin unless an indigenous engine would follow in the near future.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom