AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Turkish forces have stepped up buying Bulgarian products last few years,especially Jandarma(hundreds of pkm machine guns)forces so it would make sense to buy RPG rounds from Bulgaria as well.
I saw on news just recently with a picture of exact rpg warhead that Turkey started to produce it. You know, rpg is not able to stop tanks anymore, i thought this is developed to have bigger warhead to stop at least ifv

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
10 4,934
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have never seen any RPG warhead like this. It might be a national thermobaric warhead.

View attachment 50948

View attachment 50949

Looks like Bulgarian made RPG warheads... and the company Arsenal has three different warheads (Thermobaric, Incendiary, Smoke) in the exactly same shape as our soldier is holding in the photo.

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,502
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
Why are they still using old rpg’s ? Can’t they develop something more modern ?

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,494
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That's why we need lightweight switchblade equivalents at the fireteam level. 2-3 per fireteam would be sufficient.
agreed. having an Alpagu at the hand would have saved those 4 martyrs in Northern Iraq that fell to a Konkors attack.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,516
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
agreed. having an Alpagu at the hand would have saved those 4 martyrs in Northern Iraq that fell to a Konkors attack.
I doubt that, you would need to use it before they fired konkrus. It means they would be already detected. We need more uav activity near our trrops in Iraq and Syria.

Dmr

Reactions
1 330
Nation of residence
Macedonia
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
I saw on news just recently with a picture of exact rpg warhead that Turkey started to produce it. You know, rpg is not able to stop tanks anymore, i thought this is developed to have bigger warhead to stop at least ifv
Thermobaric warhead like the one in the picture is not intended to stop any tank not even T-55 or any modern IFV(maybe some cold war era relics).
It's used as anti structure or against gruped enemy forces in closed space.Knowing the terrain Turkish soldiers operate in I would assume they are using it to fire in caves where their enemy hides or uses as bases.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom