Mehmed Ali

Contributor
Reactions
1 905
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Your brain exists for its predictive capability. Use it.

I was never afraid to make predictions and I am usually right.

For example, around 2015 I said BMC would screw up Altay production and it's exactly what happened.
Logic of person who smokes a lot of funny cigarettes. Utter nonsense as all of your posts. Empty

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
34 14,382
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have double confirmed that Ukrainian TB2s are not destroyed. They are in good condition and they are running sorties. Ukrainian Armed Forces are using TB2s cautiously for mostly recon missions. TB2s played a big role in some of the Ukrainian victories by sending valuable recon videos. TB2s are used at least one time to hit a Russian military convoy similar to the Karabagh war. Turkish MoD asked Ukrainian MoD not to release footage of TB2s due to sensitive relations with Russia. Turkish MoD doesn't want to further humiliate Russia and show their killed military personnel. Ukraine MoD also doesn't want TB2s to be high on the Russias target priority list. Currently, TB2s are one of the most valuable assets Ukraine has. There is also Turkish weapon support going on. A Turkish A400M delivered MAM-L, Stinger, and ammo to Ukraine via Poland. This is of course not official but we know because a Turkish A400M landed at a Polish airport close to the Poland-Ukrain border.
It seems like Russia will bleed. As this war continues, I expect Russia to go into the insane mode in the coming days and level complete city blocks(similar to the coalition's Raqqa siege) as their losses increase and its patience runs thin. The war won't end if Kyiv falls.

BTW Russia executes additional cruise and ballistic missile strikes on airbases they think TB2s are operating from. Yesterday several airbases are targeted by such missile strikes.

Last edited:

AWP

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine
I have double confirmed that Ukrainian TB2s are not destroyed. They are in good condition and they are running sorties. Ukrainian Armed Forces are using TB2s cautiously for mostly recon missions. TB2s played a big role in some of the Ukrainian victories by sending valuable recon videos. TB2s are used at least one time to hit a Russian military convoy similar to the Karabagh war. TB2s are nowhere near airports or Kyiv.

no offense to you , but you made a mistake by revealing this information . yes the russians may know it but there is a chance even if its tiny that they don't know . I hope you don't make this mistake anymore at least not at the moment .

M

Manomed

even if they are not destroyed yet, they are certainly not doing much

I believe they are destroyed.

The reason why they were so effective against Armenia was that Armenia didn't have an air force.
russian air force couldn't even take down the ukrainian air force lol

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,452
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This battle fits the TB2 profile perfectly. Russia hasn't fully achieved air superiority and the TB2s are probably giving the Russian troops hell. That's why the Russian army of 10 thousands soldiers each front could not achieve any serious success in almost any Ukrainian city. I think TB2 has a share in this.

SaR

Committed member
Reactions
3 599
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Recent conflicts has been a humiliation for conventional Russian defense industry/capabilities

Reality show

Reactions
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Turkey
Your brain exists for its predictive capability. Use it.

I was never afraid to make predictions and I am usually right.

For example, around 2015 I said BMC would screw up Altay production and it's exactly what happened.
You are giving yourself medals of honor and credits .
Wow...

Cenkcnk

Committed member
Reactions
1 385
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Every ruskie kill with our tb2's is like a prayer to our martyrs who were massacred by these scums in Syria.
Godspeed Ukraine!

OPTIMUS

Committed member
Reactions
1 415
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
When asked why no video footage of TB2 is published:

Such Viedos would downgrade the glorious Russian Army to the Armenian Army or Syrian Army. This humiliation of the Russian Army does not help Ukraine at the moment. Such videos could cause the increase in brutality of The Russian Army in connection with civilian casualties.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
34 14,382
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well, I told you :) . Bayraktar TB2 is a menace. It is extremely hard to counter. It is cheap and expendable (you won't cry over losing them), It can fly high to avoid air defenses, it can hit mobile targets 15km away with great accuracy. It is extremely mobile (you can deattach wings and move the whole system with a truck), survivable, and durable. It has a simple engine that can be maintained by an average mechanic. You can carry its smart bombs in your car. It relays high-resolution videos in real-time and can distribute footage to ground terminals. It is valuable even without smart bombs. It can carry radars and EW pods, it can relay radar data to radar networks in NATO formats.;

Russians are literally playing whack-a-mole with Bayraktars and hit airbases with cruise and ballistic missiles.

Last edited:

astragan

Reactions
1 120
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TB2s of Ukraine are probably not even stored in any civilian or military airports because unlike fighter jets that require specialized runways, they can land/take off from just simple stretches of asphalt. If I was a Ukrainian general, I would just store them in simple rural barns and just operate them from secret locations across the country. What I really wonder is: if only a few drones are becoming a menace for a major army such as Russia, what would have happened if Ukraine had as much drones as Turkey has? And what would have happened if they had the latest Akıncı with anti-air and AESA radar capabilities. Up until the war in Azerbaijan and even after that, I had real doubts about the use of these drones against conventional armies. But now it all seems so different. It looks like cheap does not always mean useless or weak.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,592
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am still asking myself is this the Russian army?
Looks like proxy forces with outdated Russian stuff.

Pilatino

Reactions
3 667
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Guys, Putin destroyed his and Russia's reputation. Ukrainians gave him a lesson by humiliating them in the war theatre. No one will take them seriously after this and their arrogance will be an old tradition in terms of new diplomatic scenarios. I hope Turkey takes the necessary notes from these interesting events and continues to invest in the army even more than now. We're on the right track but we need to be faster.

P.S. at the end of the war I expect a very long TB2 footage.

Fairon

Reactions
6 926
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TB2s of Ukraine are probably not even stored in any civilian or military airports because unlike fighter jets that require specialized runways, they can land/take off from just simple stretches of asphalt. If I was a Ukrainian general, I would just store them in simple rural barns and just operate them from secret locations across the country. What I really wonder is: if only a few drones are becoming a menace for a major army such as Russia, what would have happened if Ukraine had as much drones as Turkey has? And what would have happened if they had the latest Akıncı with anti-air and AESA radar capabilities. Up until the war in Azerbaijan and even after that, I had real doubts about the use of these drones against conventional armies. But now it all seems so different. It looks like cheap does not always mean useless or weak.

Akıncı probably won't be efective as TB2 in this situation. Because of the size of Akıncı, I believe it should be easily detectable. Akıncı is usefull after you establish air superiority, TB2 shines in situations like these. (I could be completly wrong though)

To be honest I think it is early for saying that TB2 is also works against conventional military. There is something odd about air warfare in this war. We should carefully analyze what happened in Ukrainian skies.(doing that in Libya gave us the ability to improve Koral and drone warfare)

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,977
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
Akıncı probably won't be efective as TB2 in this situation. Because of the size of Akıncı, I believe it should be easily detectable. Akıncı is usefull after you establish air superiority, TB2 shines in situations like these. (I could be completly wrong though)

To be honest I think it is early for saying that TB2 is also works against conventional military. There is something odd about air warfare in this war. We should carefully analyze what happened in Ukrainian skies.(doing that in Libya gave us the ability to improve Koral and drone warfare)
For the TB2 to be effective you need air superiority to a degree as well. The Akinci might be bigger but it's covered with RAM paint unlike the TB2. But again, due to its size, general design and price the TB2 is the best option here. You're making a good point with the air superiority argument.

Fairon

Reactions
6 926
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
For the TB2 to be effective you need air superiority to a degree as well. The Akinci might be bigger but it's covered with RAM paint unlike the TB2. But again, due to its size, general design and price the TB2 is the best option here. You're making a good point with the air superiority argument.

That is correct. Some sort of air superiority(at least in the areas that be used by TB2) is also needed for TB2 as well but unlike my previous thought TB2 seems to be working good in contested air space as well.

Top Bottom