Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,230
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's an observation about TUrkish politics which I agree with.

It's mostly about "saving the day" rather than planning for tomorrow.

If Erdogan has not poached any scientists or engineers. Im gonna facepalm like shit.

If only conservatives or islamists had fcking brains. So called Islamic empires which they praise had no problem in using Jewish or Christian scientists.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,230
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why the fvck would scientists and engineers come to a third world shithole that they don't speak the language of? where religion and culture is different and about as authoritarian as Russia.

come to think of it Turkey is probably even more authoritarian.

You might say "oh but german scientists came to Turkey in 30ies"

This isn't 30ies

Im talking about Ukrainian ones to be honest.

L

LegionnairE

Im talking about Ukrainian ones to be honest.
I know, and there's no reason for them to come here. If Ukraine falls, they will likely flee to Germany, USA, hell... even poland is a better destination

If I was a ukrainian I would flee to poland now

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon
It seems no more ukranians engines for our programs
Why .. even if russia captured whole ukraine .. russia sold turkey s400 and offered su35 and su 57 why wouldnt they sell far less important engines ?
And turkish officials statements are not so harsh against russia .. i think they consider that as a high likely scenario
Also turkey had agreed some time ago with Belarusia for a military co-op .. it wont be too different from " russian ukraine "

SaR

Committed member
Reactions
3 599
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why .. even if russia captured whole ukraine .. russia sold turkey s400 and offered su35 and su 57 why wouldnt they sell far less important engines ?
And turkish officials statements are not so harsh against russia .. i think they consider that as a high likely scenario
Also turkey had agreed some time ago with Belarusia for a military co-op .. it wont be too different from " russian ukraine "

We are adversary with Russia just by geography even if you put everything aside. People seriously talk about it either lacks basic literature or have pro-Eurasian view. Turkey historically have been relaxed on statements to not to escalate same as in Cold War.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,242
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It is time for TEI to speed up engine development.
TEI can convert TS1400 to be used on Akıncı.
TEI already had plans for piston engines with powers up to 350hp.
Small turbofan engines for MIUS and similar UCAV would be a fantastic market for TEI, it will sell like hotcakes TF6000 engine should show up for a start.

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon
We are adversary with Russia just by geography even if you put everything aside. People seriously talk about it either lacks basic literature or have pro-Eurasian view. Turkey historically have been relaxed on statements to not to escalate same as in Cold War.
I didnt mean that turkey and russia to be allies .. yea i know what russia did to ottoman empire .. but .. i mean they wont mind to sell engines and other equips to turkey .. coz they need money and turkey is "also by geography " is very important for them .. and they dont want to be in direct enmity with turkey either

SaR

Committed member
Reactions
3 599
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
AI-350(GEZGIN Prototype)

AI-450 (AKINCI)
MS-500 (AKINCI)

AI-25 variant (MIUS-A)
AI-322 variant (MIUS-B)

TV3-117 variants (ATAK 2, 10 ton Utility)

Motor Sich - TRMOTOR APU
Motor Sich - TRMOTOR Engineering, Know-How Transfer

Antonov-Potential MMU Engineering Assitance

Ukrainian FED Aerospace Company- Actuators development for MMU and other aircraft programs.

Proposed Baykar R&D and Excellence Center (According to latest interview, property was bought by Baykar)

Ukranian Milgem Program is done. Likely would wait in the shipyard until new purchaser is found.

Around 4 billion investment from Turkish companies, fate unknown.

Then there is also not known programs.

L

LegionnairE

AI-350(GEZGIN Prototype)

AI-450 (AKINCI)
MS-500 (AKINCI)

AI-25 variant (MIUS-A)
AI-322 variant (MIUS-B)

TV3-117 variants (ATAK 2, 10 ton Utility)

Motor Sich - TRMOTOR APU
Motor Sich - TRMOTOR Engineering, Know-How Transfer

Antonov-Potential MMU Engineering Assitance

Ukrainian FED Aerospace Company- Actuators development for MMU and other aircraft programs.

Proposed Baykar R&D and Excellence Center (According to latest interview, property was bought by Baykar)

Ukranian Milgem Program likely is done. Likely would wait in the shipyard until new purchaser is found.

Around 4 billion investment from Turkish companies, fate unknown.

Then there is also not known programs.
we got so much sh.t and we didn't even help them

We could have set up a couple of Turkish bases to help deter Russia.

Not as important as Qatar I guess

SaR

Committed member
Reactions
3 599
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
we got so much sh.t and we didn't even help them

We could have set up a couple of Turkish bases to help deter Russia.

Not as important as Qatar I guess

Not realistic, there is not much we could had done really. We started cooperation that was working. EU/US failed. Ukraine lost too much time with internal politics, relying on EU/US etc.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,917
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's an observation about TUrkish politics which I agree with.

It's mostly about "saving the day" rather than planning for tomorrow.
You cant be wronger. From TF-2000, over REIS to TF-X to SIPER. None of them are "lets-do-it-today" jobs. All long term.

L

LegionnairE

You cant be wronger. From TF-2000, over REIS to TF-X to SIPER. None of them are "lets-do-it-today" jobs. All long term.
It's mostly reactions to embargos

Even our UAV production is mostly a reaction to Israel screwing up Heron deliveries.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom