Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes it has. They are in tandem formation like the ones carried by Aksungur.

View attachment 39871
Akinci can carry 24 MAM-L missiles, in tandem form like the Aksungur.
24 ,how?
Does it have 12 hardpoints?

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,735
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
@Ryder
They would sell Baykar to Israel if they knew they would get paid.

Turkish government is desperate.
You guys really need to stop with the bloody propaganda

Didnt such rumors appear about Aselsan selling shares to Qatar as well? You guys need to realise that such lies are being spread out to rile up the people and nothing more

Why on earth would a successful and profitable private company like Baykar sell its shares? Above all, they have the govt in their pocket and are 100% sure that the govt will buy whatever they produce; thus, their profits are guranateed for at least 2 to 3 more years! So why are you guys blindly believeing such propaganda is just way out of my mind

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,214
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
All the projects of new drones are at risk right now ?!
There is engine supply risk for Akıncı and MIUS that rely on Ukrainian engines.
Akıncı can be powered by Turkish made diesel engines albeit with slower speed and payload capacity.
However engine supply risk can be eliminated totally by moving engine production to Türkiye of which agreements were already made but not have been materialized. The current Ukrainian situation will probably speed the process up.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,735
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
it would be propaganda if there wasn't precedent my man.

look up how Türk Telekom was stolen/plundered I don't know what verb to use to explain it to an albanian :ROFLMAO:

Anyway basically they sold Türk telekom with credit, credit was given by a Turkish government owned bank, the debt was never repaid, the company was re-sold for 3 times the original price and that's how one of the biggest companies in Turkey was basically stolen.

Turkish government is incredibly corrupt. Don't make surprised pikachu face when they do corrupt shit.
Me being an Albanian has nothing to do with the issue at hand tbh

And why are you comparing Turk Telecom with Baykar? Baykar is privately owned for Gods sake
And if we went with your theory then why havent the govt sold Aselsan? Surely one of the top 100 companies worldwide will fetch a better price than little Baykar, right?

I wont say that selling Turk telecom was a good move; however, erdo and each and every turk learned a lesson and that is to not give full control of a SUCCESSFUL company to a bloody Arab. Turkey, during the last 3 to 4 years, is trying to nationalise as much technology as it can

L

LegionnairE

And why are you comparing Turk Telecom with Baykar? Baykar is privately owned for Gods sake
And if we went with your theory then why havent the govt sold Aselsan? Surely one of the top 100 companies worldwide will fetch a better price than little Baykar, right?

I wont say that selling Turk telecom was a good move; however, erdo and each and every turk learned a lesson and that is to not give full control of a SUCCESSFUL company to a bloody Arab. Turkey, during the last 3 to 4 years, is trying to nationalise as much technology as it can
and I gave the BMC example above, which was privately owned, got nationalized/confiscated and sold.

If the company that's supposed to make the country's main battle tank can be sold, anything can be.

You really should read all the posts before making a comment.

Abdelaziz

Contributor
Reactions
1 821
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Lebanon

Dont waste u time with this baseless mentality .. he is clearly a black propaganda troll .. all he aims to is to spread the misinformation and false rumors here and there .. he dont know any thing about any matter he is talking about . there is no point of the discussion with him .. so just ignore him

L

LegionnairE

Dont waste u time with this baseless mentality .. he is clearly a black propaganda troll .. all he aims to is to spread the misinformation and false rumors here and there .. he dont know any thing about any matter he is talking about . there is no point of the discussion with him .. so just ignore him
Misinformation lol. Which part? :D

PLease point me to it, I'm very curious abdul. I'm sure you have better channels of information in england and you can enlighten me about my country.

Mehmed Ali

Contributor
Reactions
1 905
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
and I gave the BMC example above, which was privately owned, got nationalized/confiscated and sold.

If the company that's supposed to make the country's main battle tank can be sold, anything can be.

You really should read all the posts before making a comment.
Can you give an example of Bayraktar or you are going to use some silly analogy? Also give any tangible details of all what you mentioned so far. Realistically speaking if all what you have stated is taken lets say in court it would be thrown out. I am sure someone would take it by now. If you can't and I know that you can't then I will call it a slendering

L

LegionnairE

Can you give an example of Bayraktar or you are going to use some silly analogy? Also give any tangible details of all what you mentioned so far. Realistically speaking if all what you have stated is taken lets say in court it would be thrown out. I am sure someone would take it by now. If you can't and I know that you can't then I will call it a slendering
give example of Bayraktar? what?

you realize that this is a speculation right? This sort of thing happened before and it could happen again. I can't get in a time machine and get you sources from the future that this is indeed happening.

Mehmed Ali

Contributor
Reactions
1 905
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
give example of Bayraktar? what?

you realize that this is a speculation right? This sort of thing happened before and it could happen again. I can't get in a time machine and get you sources from the future that this is indeed happening.
So this is a speculation, good that's what I want to hear and as of the facts and sources from the future, well they may or may not occur. So that's speculative too. Ok

L

LegionnairE

So this is a speculation, good that's what I want to hear and as of the facts and sources from the future, well they may or may not occur. So that's speculative too. Ok
Yes, All I said was that I would not be surprised

I never claimed to have any inside information.
I would not be surprised if Baykar shares were sold to UAE.

the government needs money.
Why do people not read previous posts?

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,866
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can someone explain what it means to be shareholder? Which rights do they have?

kimov

Committed member
Reactions
1 408
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can someone explain what it means to be shareholder? Which rights do they have?
Rights to part of the profit and if they own significant shares they can place persons to the board. The board then decide the CEO, which then decide on operative actions. If you have minority shares, then you have no control or even internal information of the company. You don't simply get information about the workings of TB2 just bcs you own a few shares. They would just be investors.

BUT NOBODY IS SELLING ANYTHING, it is just your typical Twitter trolls having fun.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,312
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
WhatsApp-Image-2021-08-05-at-12.06.52.jpeg

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,866
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
In addition to what @kimov said, if a company buys big enough shares in another company like how BAE Systems owns part of FNSS and FNSS is like a subsidiary of BAE Systems, there could be some transfer of technology between the parent and subsidiary. Which is how FNSS produced ACV-15s for Turkey, which was originally a BAE systems product based on M113.
What means "big enough"? Who said this ToT thing? You have to buy some patents for a ToT. We have to read company statutes for more information.

L

LegionnairE

What means "big enough"? Who said this ToT thing? You have to buy some patents for a ToT. We have to read company statutes for more information.
It doesn't have to be a majority share Nurol owns %51 of FNSS yet for a long time FNSS was like a BAE Systems subsidiary, only producing AIFV... even original Pars is a BAE systems product.

So yeah... buying shares in Baykar would definitely be a good investment for UAE.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,099
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wouldn't mind if Baykar sold some shares to grow the company to make engines and other parts in an effort to make better products. Who buys the shares won't make a difference.

This is going to be the first time I agree with Zafer, but if new money is invested and enables new products and expansion in exchance for a minor stake, I dont see how thats bad. It of course depends on the company/country investing.

Baykar right now is bootstrapped and has been doing good, but with the right partner and not selling a controlling (<25%) share - why not?

---
Anyway this is a very doubtful source, no confirmation whatsoever. Pure speculation.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,099
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Agreed, we sold part of the stock market directly I mean why stop there? Land, citizenship, roads, bridges, everything is for sale in Turkey. I don't see why Baykar should be special.

You're being polemic, but whats wrong with lets say an Azerbaijani buying 20% of the company and investing fresh money to expand production and r&d of new products?

As long as the IP and the majority of the voting rights remain under Turkish control, I dont see any issue.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom