• Forum restore complete (see latest announcement thread)

TR Navy Naval Programs

Sanchez

Experienced member
Moderator
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Messages
4,225
Reactions
127 19,132
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kathimerini claims Turkey is interested in Type 212CD subs from Germany.

I think it is blowing stuff out of proportion, because I do not see how T212CD and MilDen can run as separate programs simultaneously if we were to build T212s here. We don't have the manpower, build capacity or the specialized dock space for them. Only two ways about it if a T212 buy is being talked. Either MilDen becomes a modified T212CD like Reis is a modified T214 with even more locality which is already very high or MilDen somehow gets pushed to 2040s. Because I don't see the navy opting for less localization than Reis Class (for which we basically built the whole thing here) and purchase a whole class to be built in Germany.

But it is very much possible that we are interested in German ToT and subsystems for MilDen. I think this is the most likely explanation for the news.

 
Top Bottom