New law will let Police, MIT and the Turkish Armed Forces equipment to be transferred to each other easily in urgent need

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,004
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Military Coups are common in Turkish and Turkic history.

I think its part of our warlike nature.

I'm a democrat at heart and I kinda like the idea of miltary safe guarding it and pushing the reset button when its needed. I know this is probably an unpopular opinion but I trust the military more than I do politicians.

S

Sinan

I'm a democrat at heart and I kinda like the idea of miltary safe guarding it and pushing the reset button when its needed. I know this is probably an unpopular opinion but I trust the military more than I do politicians.
And that results with military's involvement into political matters. Parliament and political leaders represents the will of Turkish people. How can a group of high ranking soldiers (lets say 30 at most) can override the will of 83 million citizens.

That said, today's regime violating the constitution, there are no checks and balances in the system, seperation of powers ended... we have an absolute power (corrupted) ruling the country unchecked.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,004
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
And that results with military's involvement into political matters. Parliament and political leaders represents the will of Turkish people. How can a group of high ranking soldiers (lets say 30 at most) can override the will of 83 million citizens.

That said, today's regime violating the constitution, there are no checks and balances in the system, seperation of powers ended... we have an absolute power (corrupted) ruling the country unchecked.

Its not pretty but how else do you get rid of an authoritarian leader we're facing fairly regularly in the history of the country?

S

Sinan

Its not pretty but how else do you get rid of an authoritarian leader we're facing fairly regularly in the history of the country?
By establishing a real separation of powers. Like in US, as we seen in the Trump's case.
The problem with our democracy is we voted yes to presidential system and destroyed the separation of power by our hand. We equipped our leader with dictatorial powers and now we are crying.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,004
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
By establishing a real separation of powers. Like in US, as we seen in the Trump's case.
The problem with our democracy is we voted yes to presidential system and destroyed the separation of power by our hand. We equipped our leader with dictatorial powers and now we are crying.

I wish we could achieve that. But this happens to us every 2-3 decades.

Top Bottom