Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Results of so much drilling is naturally to come in due time and Erdoğan only announces the larger finds.

This is not fair, I have translated to English, please see the forum rules.

Last edited:

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,538
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why are people directly offended? I hope there is a real cache of oil found in Turkiye, we need it very very much.

But it is also not the first time that the government announces miraculous gas finds prior to elections. Have we all forgotten the big announcement of shale gas in Turkiye prior to last elections, now where is all that shale gas? Turned out to be empty election talks.

Again insallah we did find lots of oil, but I take it with a pich of salt

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why are people directly offended? I hope there is a real cache of oil found in Turkiye, we need it very very much.

But it is also not the first time that the government announces miraculous gas finds prior to elections. Have we all forgotten the big announcement of shale gas in Turkiye prior to last elections, now where is all that shale gas? Turned out to be empty election talks.

Underwater shale gas is not a resource current technology can exploit. It stays there until you can extract it. Land based shale is being worked on in Thrace region and to be exploited soon. You were claiming that Erdoğan will give exorbitant find numbers about the Black Sea find the last time. But turned out he gave numbers less than even half as much as the finds claimed by third parties.

There is talk of multi-billion dollars of find, what is small about billions of dollars.

Last edited:

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Because they should have been seen and found in the past. When governments are struggling with so many economic problems, why shouldn't they extract oil and gas?

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Again like the oil found in Adana/Çukurova this news is true but don't expect this reserve to magically halve the price of the fuel in TR. Those reserves are very small on a global scale. An optimistic estimate of 20k barrels per day is nothing. It translates to a yearly production of 7.2 million barrels. Saudi Arabia produces/can produce double that amount in a single day. All of the Turkish production will cover %13-14 of Turkish yearly needs. Total Turkish oil production per day will increase from 66k barrels to 86k barrels per day.

That is why people have trust problems. Government makes a huge announcement and people think oh gas prices will fall now and nothing changes as expected. Government should explain over and over that those reserves are small they won't save the country but Turkiye is thirsty for oil and every bit helps. We will pay 720 million $ less when we produce 20k barrels from that reserve.

Our Blacksea gas discovery is huge and it will affect prices in time when the production ramps up to cover something like %30 of our total gas consumption.

Last edited:

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,538
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Call me old fashioned but announcements close to election times always have always an "I Wonder" part in it.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Again like the oil found in Adana/Çukurova this news is true but don't expect this reserve to magically halve the price of the fuel in TR. Those reserves are very small on a global scale. An optimistic estimate of 20k barrels per day is nothing. It translates to a yearly production of 7.2 million barrels. Saudi Arabia produces/can produce double that amount in a single day. All of the Turkish production will cover %13-14 of Turkish yearly needs. Total Turkish oil production per day will increase from 66k barrels to 86k barrels per day.

That is why people have trust problems. Government makes a huge announcement and people think oh gas prices will fall now and nothing changes as expected. Government should explain over and over that those reserves are small they won't save the country but Turkiye is thirsty for oil and every bit helps. We will pay 720 million $ less when we produce 20k barrels from that reserve.

Our Blacksea gas discovery is huge and it will affect prices in time when the production ramps up to cover something like %30 of our total gas consumption.

what do you now about this one?

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Bad location to drill. Low chance to find meaningful reserve. The previous drilling location was also bad but interestingly crew encountered a trace amount of gas so TPAO decided to conduct seismic studies around the drilling location.

The big red dot is the previous drilling location.
IMHO black areas have gas and they are not risky zones so we should be drilling those areas.
There are naturally burning rocks on the mainland around the green star near the small black rectangle area
The current drilling location is the red star at the east near the shore.
Yellow stars are mud volcanoes.
SK points (green dots) are possible/advised drilling locations.
White dots with names are previous drilling locations that turned out to be dry/empty or had trace amounts of gas.
harita.jpg

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,571
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Bad location to drill. Low chance to find meaningful reserve. The previous drilling location was also bad but interestingly crew encountered a trace amount of gas so TPAO decided to conduct seismic studies around the drilling location.

The big red dot is the previous drilling location.
IMHO black areas have gas and they are not risky zones so we should be drilling those areas.
There are naturally burning rocks on the mainland around the green star near the small black rectangle area
The current drilling location is the red star at the east near the shore.
Yellow stars are mud volcanoes.
SK points (green dots) are possible/advised drilling locations.
White dots with names are previous drilling locations that turned out to be dry/empty or had trace amounts of gas.
View attachment 51127
Could these recent drilling locations have been chosen as crew training missions? it seems quite obvious that the recent drilling locations we picked are known to be barren AF. doesnt make any sense to re-drill these spots other than to educate the crew.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Another news is the discovery of 8 billion tonnes of shale rock in the Konya-Ereğli and Nigde-Bor areas. Probably no one ever heard of this. It is estimated that the shale reserve is around 2.6 billion barrels to 8.3 billion barrels. Of course, we can't extract/recover every drop of this oil. You will probably ask what are we waiting for? Well, the Americans are producing 60 liters of oil per tonne of shale sands/rocks from the Wyoming shale oil area. Studies continue to determine the efficiency of shale oil formation. Shale oil production is also expensive. If we can find an efficient spot and produce the oil cheaply enough we might see oil extraction from those reserves in the future. It is a matter of feasibility.

Last edited:

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Could these recent drilling locations have been chosen as crew training missions? it seems quite obvious that the recent drilling locations we picked are known to be barren AF. doesnt make any sense to re-drill these spots other than to educate the crew.
The first one maybe, the second one I don't think so. Anyway, I would rather drill in a good spot and train crews there. It is better to drill a good spot multiple times than a barren spot for crew training.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It may not be politically/geopolitically correct to drill in/near territorial waters in succession. But, in a way, I would like to think that these last drilling activities are prioritized in terms of the speed at which they can be brought into the economy due to some findings, rather than showing the Turkish EEZ. Because as soon as we make the first meaningful discovery, the calculations in the region can radically change. The other thing that puzzles me is the presence of rich gas hydrate in the area to be drilled. We may not just be looking for natural gas. Ofc, this may be due to my tendency to think positively, but on the other hand, it is undeniable that Turkiye needs to make the first discovery in the eastern Mediterranean asap, I don't understand why it would want to waste time.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,957
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Don't expect oil/gas in undersea mountain ranges or where two continental plateaus collide with each other.

Biggest potential for us in the Mediterranean is probably along the Turkish-Egyptian EEZ, Black Sea especially the waters between Sinop and Rize are "untouched" on the mainland South of Ankara Salt Lake basin, Sivas, Thrace and of course along the Syrian border.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It may not be politically/geopolitically correct to drill in/near territorial waters in succession. But, in a way, I would like to think that these last drilling activities are prioritized in terms of the speed at which they can be brought into the economy due to some findings, rather than showing the Turkish EEZ. Because as soon as we make the first meaningful discovery, the calculations in the region can radically change. The other thing that puzzles me is the presence of rich gas hydrate in the area to be drilled. We may not just be looking for natural gas. Ofc, this may be due to my tendency to think positively, but on the other hand, it is undeniable that Turkiye needs to make the first discovery in the eastern Mediterranean asap, I don't understand why it would want to waste time.
EhUNU6dX0AAzpzG

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do i remember the location wrong but i can't see sakarya gas field in this picture does that mean, we didn't expect to find gas there?
This is not natural gas this is gas hydrate fields.

Mustafa27

Committed member
Reactions
2 589
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is not natural gas this is gas hydrate fields.

My bad, i am clearly blind and can't read properly :cry:

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We must do justice to the Libyan Meb, never give the image of weakness. Okay, our priority is our close coasts, but we must be comfortable and assertive like the Greeks and Greece. We have to show ourselves in that area, the show of power with words is now annoying.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
After the region formed by the Cudi and Gabar mountains was cleared of terrorism, oil reserves of 150 million barrels were discovered. - Melih Han Bilgin | General Manager of TPAO

It is claimed that once the oil reserve found in Gabar Mountain starts to be operated, the region will be able to produce 20 thousand barrels per day. It is the biggest discovery ever made in Turkiye. New drillings are currently underway at 6 locations. Considering that we are entering the election period, the President will probably announce this field personally.

Comparing to the discovery of 7.5-8 million barrels of reserves at a depth of 400 meters in Adana in the summer, there is a very large reserve. While the daily production target there is a few thousand barrels, Gabar has a production potential more than 10 times larger. Turkiye's current average daily crude oil production is around 60 thousand barrels.

Turkiye is a net importer of crude oil with more than 90% dependence on foreign sources. However, billions spent on exploration and drilling activities in the last few years have slowly started to pay off. Still, we are in early stage, Turkiye needs a few dozen more high-potential oil fields like Gabar.

In the summer, special joint exploration, licensing and exploitation agreements were signed with Libya and Somalia. Both countries have serious global potential, with Libya in particular sitting on a fortune. Even if Turkiye's domestic resources are not sufficient, if it can be successful in its activities abroad, it can leave its position as a net importer in the 2030s.

Last edited:

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
PLET equipments successfully deployed! At this stage, the March 2023 target is becoming increasingly realistic.

Pipeline End Termination (PLET) systems are typically used in new construction where a pipeline terminates or needs to be jumpered to another location, such as an FPSO, refinery, holding tank, etc. A PLET is the end or termination of a pipeline. The skid typically contains a male hub that serves as an attachment point for a jumper. The jumper utilizes a collet connector to make a permanent connection. There may also be other components on the skid such as ROV interface panels, ball valves and associated mud mats.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom