Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,012
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Are there any folks in here who seriously believe that BS of Lausanne agreement end?

Our people are so gullible and get feeded with this kind of nonsense

Most Turks even here in Australia believe in conspiracy theories.

My dad also believes this crap.

I guess we resort to conspiracy theories because we dont understand complicated and complex issues.

Same story here in Australia with the whole 5g towers and various conspriacy theories of how Australia will be turned into China due to covid.

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,957
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
So Lozan is ending in 2023, huh?
Yeah and a bridge from Konya to the moon, ultra modern futuristic cities with flying cars and sucuk trees will grow out of the ground the moment when we enter 2023. Didn't you know that?

That we still have people here who believe those tales about the Lausanne Treaty, even though you can download it as PDF.... 🤔

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,520
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
We really need to change these mentalities. If we want Turkiye to be truly modern and powerful, we need to get our people more educated. They need to read books instead of insulting each other.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,749
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I want to give some perspective on the amount of natural-gas extraction and the needs of the country.

In 2021, Turkey has consumed 58.8 billions cubic meters natural gas.

We have a target of producing 10 millions cubic meters of natural gas a day in 2023. If we multiply this value with 365 days, we get 3.65 billions cubic meters of gas. Assuming our natural gas needs from 2021 stays the same, we get to produce (3.65/58.8 * 100) = 6.2% of our needs.

In 2026, with new wells we drill, the target for daily production goes up to 40 millions cubic meters. Again, if we assume we consume the same 58.8 billions cubic meters in 2026, our natural gas production would serve 24.8% of our needs.

My point is, Sakarya gas field won't be enough to satisfy our needs alone anytime soon, let alone us becoming an exporter.

Someone needs to teach these facts to Abdurrahman Uzun, the clown.

FVJOJIwXEAAvsD6.jpg:large

Last edited:

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
A new gas discovery in the Black Sea! Details will soon be announced by the presidency.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,538
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mate if this is the gas discovery you are talking about, then Iam honestly a bit disappointed. It isnt a great discovery as Turkey can suck it dry within a year or two if it is used for 100% national consumption
The initial amounts may not be much but what do you think Norway found initially? Once it is known that an area is containing gas the infrastructures are made and new gas finds are followed.

The initial gas find of Norway in the North sea grew so much that Norway became rich. I am not saying that this is a guarantee for the Blacksea but the potential is there.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,687
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Guys, there is a shit a ton of gas in the Black Sea they are announcing it piece by piece. We have already covered that topic. Erdo might announce a huge discovery on new years eve or the first day of the new year while opening the Blacksea Gas facilities. We also found a great prospect in the Mediterranean at the current drilling location.

I'm very surprised especially for the Mediterranean because the chances of founding gas in that area seemed low.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,012
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
We really need to change these mentalities. If we want Turkiye to be truly modern and powerful, we need to get our people more educated. They need to read books instead of insulting each other.

Even educated people believe in conspiracy theories in Turkiye.

Its a mentality that does not go overnight.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
It would be good if Türkiye could extract enough gas to sell to Europe while the gas prices are high. I would extract more gas today rather than saving it for future.

Mehmed Ali

Contributor
Reactions
1 905
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Even educated people believe in conspiracy theories in Turkiye.

Its a mentality that does not go overnight.
There are the conspiracy theories and many of those are really theories but a great deal of " theories " aren't the theories at all. As French gentlemen pointed out someone needs to read , I agree , especially he should do it.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,571
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why? Buy it cheap from Russia and Iran for use in Turkiye. Sell yours at a premium to Europe.
i'd rather buy it cheap from Turkiye and sell the Russian and Iranian gas to Europe. so that we wont be bending over to anyone when the kaka hits the fan.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom