Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

I loved the idea of Abdullah Agir, out playing Greece and the rest of the loser club... :)

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Example...

Southern gas corridor...

1665696167450.png

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Underwater pipe and cable laying activities at the Sakarya gas field are progressing at an extraordinary pace. Simultaneously with the installation of the equipment on the seabed, preparations for the onshore processing facilities are in full swing. After the completion of the two steps, the third step will be to connect the pipelines between them.

A brief description of the platforms involved in the operation and their work. TPAO will carry out similar operations today in the Black Sea and tomorrow in the Mediterranean, Sidra and in the oceans.

*Since the Greek public is as interested in the issue as the Turkish public, our embassy in Athens occasionally provides information on developments.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,743
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Canada-based Trillion Energy announced that many potential gas-bearing regions were detected in the Akçakoca-2 gas field in the Black Sea.

On that note, I think it's important that we do what we can to avoid the EU having pipes or cables going through our EEZ. Because as you know once an investment is made our EEZ becomes free for all to mess around with. Hence they're preparing the groundwork for stronger and unjust claim on our EEZ.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
On that note, I think it's important that we do what we can to avoid the EU having pipes or cables going through our EEZ. Because as you know once an investment is made our EEZ becomes free for all to mess around with. Hence they're preparing the groundwork for stronger and unjust claim on our EEZ.
The Danube basin, stretching from Anatolia to the Crimean coast, has a very rich and, more importantly, very high quality gas potential. In fact, if the potential of this region can be fully exploited, the countries of the region, comprising Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkiye, can transfer a significant portion of the energy needs of the EU region to the system very cheaply and quickly. Russia's ambitions, which do not stop with Crimea but extend to Odessa, are also related to the sharing of this basin in a way.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Canada-based Trillion Energy announced that many potential gas-bearing regions were detected in the Akçakoca-2 gas field in the Black Sea.

Why on earth is trillion energy excavating for gas in Turkish waters? Didnt Erdogan buy a fleet of such ships to avoid depending on those prics? I do remember the govt stated that some numbers obtained during previous western exploration in Turkish waters were completely less than what was present

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,686
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why on earth is trillion energy excavating for gas in Turkish waters? Didnt Erdogan buy a fleet of such ships to avoid depending on those prics? I do remember the govt stated that some numbers obtained during previous western exploration in Turkish waters were completely less than what was present
Canada also has a monopoly on gold mining in Turkiye. I don't mind cooperation with some countries but It beats me why we are giving tribute to a country that is openly hostile to us.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
As far as I can understand, the overall strategy is to fill the gap in the EU and create political support points in this context. Not only in Thrace, but I think we will also bring ENI on board with the Libya-TR deal.

In terms of TPAO's drill ship fleet, already 3 ships are working 3 shifts in the Black Sea for the construction of wells, while another ship is drilling exploratory wells in the Mediterranean. There are 4 vessels but all 4 vessels have a very heavy workload. One of these vessels will start drilling wells for Libya next year.

On the other hand, Russia's construction of a new Berlin Wall has radically shattered the EU's energy security perception. Turkey has accelerated its efforts in many different topics to gain a strong position in this new paradigm. Possible energy cooperation with Israel, Russian gas pricing in TR and re-exporting from here, the transfer of Turkmen gas to the Anatolian system, increasing the capacity of TANAP and the Trans-Caspian pipeline, the hydrocarbon exploration cooperation agreement with Libya, to name a few. The main strategy is all about creating a one-stop alternative hub to Russia (and US LNG) in the EU region's energy crisis asap.

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 968
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
I dont understand , tens of years pass and why Turkiye dont search for gas and oil at least at Black sea ? but nowdays .
Perhaps its not myth that west dont alloe Turkiye yo search for gas and oil in huge areas until 100 years pass (2023) ?! While the little extract that is active is just to calm down the people and make as ban on oil its just a myth .

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I dont understand , tens of years pass and why Turkiye dont search for gas and oil at least at Black sea ? but nowdays .
Perhaps its not myth that west dont alloe Turkiye yo search for gas and oil in huge areas until 100 years pass (2023) ?! While the little extract that is active is just to calm down the people and make as ban on oil its just a myth .
There is no such thing.
If they could they would not only disallow Türkiye forever from exploiting its resources they would simply erase us from the face of earth and take everything we have.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,743
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Because of politics and incompetence. And not havinh enough cards in hand 40 Ada class in inventory would give us firepower and deterrence enough to fucking drill in west med sea.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Deepwater drilling is a very costly industry and, even more challenging, the world's expertise in this field is in the hands of a very limited capital, so inevitably has a direct link to international relations.

Despite all the seismic analysis, there is a risk of drilling dozens of wells and still not finding the gas, and the cumulative cost of each well is probably hundreds of millions of dollars. One of the most correct steps Turkiye has taken recently is to provide TPAO with this technical capability and fleet. We will see the results in 15-20 years. If Turkiye can shifts from being a net energy importer to a net energy exporter, nothing will be the same in this region.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

First well in Black Sea drilling campaign uncovers multiple potential gas zones​

Canada’s oil and gas producer Trillion Energy has drilled the first well in its 2022 – 2023 drilling campaign on a natural gas field in the Black Sea off Türkiye. This well has identified numerous potential gas zones on logging.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Turkiye has a very hard geography, and resource reserves are small and scattered that makes it expensive to extract. And off-shore gas and oil are very expensive to drill, extract and transport. While Russia or Kazakhstan extracts the gas just drilling a hole to soil, you purchased expensive ships and invest a lot of money to drill 1000s of meter undersea, it was not competitive before. But in recent decades, energy prices increased and equipment advanced so it is cheaper and competitive to extract those resources. Some serial liers create a history around this 2023 and 100 years bullshit and people believe it, there were gas fields in Thrace, you have been extracting oil from Batman, why? because it was doable. Now this is doable because of the prices and also political will.

Canada is one of the richest country in terms of oil and gas, far larger reserves than Russia, but it is not competitive, expensive to extract and no near market to sell, so that does not mean a secret agreement prevents them to develop energy sector. In KSA, extracting oil costs $5.40 a barrel and they sell it to $90, off shore oil costs at least $50 to extract, only profitable if prices are more than that.

I have some direct contacts from state and they said they know there are reserves in Black Sea, Iskenderun etc.. back in 1980. There is an oil and gas Arc coming from Persian Gulf, Iraq, South-east Turkey, Syria and ending between Hatay and Cyprus. Same for Zonguldak, rich hydrocarbon reserves extending into sea.

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,538
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Are there any folks in here who seriously believe that BS of Lausanne agreement end?

Our people are so gullible and get feeded with this kind of nonsense

Top Bottom