Contributor
Reactions
5 3,560
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria

Isn't the output a bit low ?

Nah, bro... it’s a huuuuugeee finding. These 6800 barrels of oil daily will be enough to cover ALL of Turkey’s petrol needs... for whole 10 minutes. 😍

Needless to say that Turkey consumes over 900k barrels of oil a day and that the biggest producers like Saudis, USA, Russia etc produce over 10 million barrels of oil a day. But yeah... it’s time for propaganda on how energy independent Turkey is. 😁

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I found this to be quite interesting.

Turkeys Gas imports by Country, compared to last year.

- Note how Azerbaijans share dropped compared to last year
- Qatar is at 0% share
- Russia increased from 9% to 45% share, which seems quite radical.

1622511854125.png

> My personal opinion Turkish Government is trying to play at Russia due to Deals made with Ukraine and Poland.
> Especially since its data from March 2021 I assume the Turkish Government wanted to seduce Russia into sending Tourist this year but that failed miserably.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

- Qatar is at 0% share

View attachment 21996

> My personal opinion Turkish Government is trying to play at Russia due to Deals made with Ukraine and Poland.
> Especially since its data from March 2021 I assume the Turkish Government wanted to seduce Russia into sending Tourist this year but that failed miserably.
Transportation difficulties by shipping industry while pipelines do not suffer any.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,089
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

- Qatar is at 0% share

View attachment 21996

Or maybe Turkey started buying the expensive gas from Russia, that its contractually obliged to take or still pay and not take it. These take or leave contracts are a pain in the ass and expensive as fuck.

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
That's where the drill ship KANUNI is at. Look at Marine Traffic.

1622584664941.png

and now compare to TUNA-1 Field where in 1 Drilling 405 Bilion m3 has been found

1622584786933.png

Looks like the same place. I assume they drilled deeper and found further reserves in the same field.

the

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
That's where the drill ship KANUNI is at. Look at Marine Traffic.

View attachment 22077

and now compare to TUNA-1 Field where in 1 Drilling 405 Bilion m3 has been found

View attachment 22078

Looks like the same place. I assume they drilled deeper and found further reserves in the same field.
Watch it be something relatively small like 50 bcm more. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual cost of extracting the gas has not been accounted for, and the continuous discoveries are a bargaining tool to re-negotiate expiring/expired LNG contracts.

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Watch it be something relatively small like 50 bcm more. I wouldn't be surprised if the actual cost of extracting the gas has not been accounted for, and the continuous discoveries are a bargaining tool to re-negotiate expiring/expired LNG contracts.

If he would make a Appearance for 50bcm, that would damage rather than help him. At least that's what I think

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

- Qatar is at 0% share

View attachment 21996

Last year, I think Russia also lost its share due to their actions in the idlib.. If you compare with 2019, Russia just lost its share in 2020. Also Turkey has some agreements with Russia due to new pipeline (Turkstream) and Mavi Akım agreement may be renewed but does not have obligation for other suppliers.

Last edited:

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,703
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is how it works.
TPAO drilled a well and discovered a gas reservoir. According to the data from the first well, TPAO calculated the volume of the gas and made an estimation which is 405 billion cubic meters.

Now we drilled a second well in the same gas field (probably 10km east or 20 km west whatever) and found gas again. We have the data from the first well now we will add the data from the second well and made a new estimation based on updated larger data. This means an upper revision of the gas reserve.

Then we will drill the third well, the fourth well probably up to 8-10 wells. With each well, a new dataset will be added to the calculation and we will know the real amount of gas. Later those discovery wells will be turned into production wells and new production wells will be added. (My guess is up to 40 production wells might be drilled)

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,703
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The first gas will be pumped to the grid on 31/12/2023. The production amount of the gas will increase as the years pass and it will probably reach peak production somewhere around 2030-2040 and it will decrease gradually as the gas reservoir dries up.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,703
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Türkali-1----> Fatih drillship drilled it. Prospecting operations are completed. 405 billion cubic meters of gas is discovered. The first gas will be delivered to the grid on 31/12/2023

Türkali-2----> Kanuni drillship is drilling it at the moment. Prospecting operations are going on. An unknown amount of gas is discovered. Erdo will announce it on Friday.

Türkali-3----> Fatih drillship started drilling works on 28 May. Operations are going on.

All Türkali wells belong to the Sakarya gas field.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,782
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
First announcement was on a total of 800 bcm right ? And in just one field we had 405 bcm ?

I’m asking because ppl are talking about just one field.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
First announcement was on a total of 800 bcm right ? And in just one field we had 405 bcm ?

I’m asking because ppl are talking about just one field.
That number was not officially announced but given by third parties as a potential reserve. And some people thought that Erdoğan will bloat numbers to boast but the opposite happened and he only announced what is technically confirmed. This same site is probably at 850 bcm confirmed. Hopefully there will be other sites nearer to our coast too. After which they should also focus on methane hydrates that are sitting underwater at our Black Sea coasts.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,441
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Turkey Expected to Unveil New Natural Gas Discovery in Black Sea​

Turkey has discovered further deposits of natural gas in the Black Sea, according to people familiar with the matter, and is likely to make an announcement soon.

Initial data from the offshore Amasra-1 well show a significant amount of newly discovered gas, the people said, asking not to be identified while discussing confidential information. Turkish explorers last year found 405 billion cubic meters of gas at the nearby Tuna-1 well, the biggest ever discovery in the Black Sea, and said at the time production could begin by 2023.

No independent audit of total and recoverable gas at either of the finds in the so-called Sakarya field has been made available by authorities. Officials have said state oil company Tpao is planning to develop the deposits on its own, and won’t need foreign financing.

The Energy Ministry declined to comment on the Amasra discovery. But President Recep Tayyip Erdogan hinted at it during a televised interview earlier this week, promising to deliver “good news” on Friday from the Black Sea coast. He has pitched recent energy finds as a solution to some of Turkey’s long-term economic vulnerabilities, including its energy-import bill that needs to be paid in foreign currency.

Previous announcements on Black Sea gas deposits boosted Turkish assets, from bonds to stocks. Erdogan and his government are battling a drop in popularity after unemployment rose during pandemic lockdowns.

Mediterranean Spats​

Turkey has ramped up exploration for oil and gas off its coasts in recent years. Its activities in the eastern Mediterranean Sea have sparked confrontations with European Union member states Greece and Cyprus.

The Sakarya field is expected to provide as much as 30% of the gas Turkey’s $730 billion economy requires when plateau production is reached, targeted for 2025.

Ankara currently imports nearly all of the 50 billion cubic meters of gas it consumes annually. Officials expect domestic production to boost the nation’s gas demand by 60%, to as much as 80 billion cubic meters per year by 2030.

Discoveries are also expected to allow Turkey to import cheaper gas and trim the annual average energy bill of around $44 billion.

Long-term contracts with Russia’s Gazprom PJSC, Azerbaijan’s Socar and Nigerian liquefied natural gas producers for about 16 billion cubic meters of annual supplies will be expiring soon.

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 969
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
I just asking myself , why the fuck Turkey dont drill during past ?
In 2000 ? 2005? 2010? but waiting until now ! Thats odd

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom