Poll One year anniversary of the Ukraine-Russia war. What will be the long term consequences of this conflict?

How has this war changed the power balance?

• It has shown that NATO is significantly stronger than Russia

Votes: 29 82.9%
  • It has shown that Russia can hold its own against NATO

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • It is just a pure stalemate in terms of capabilities

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
As the title says, what do you think the long term consequences of this conflict will be? Also, do you think that it has wiped out the prospect of a new Eastern bloc?

PutinBro

Committed member
Reactions
4 233
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
The biggest question is that even after knowing the current state of Russian armed forces, why did Putin attacked Ukraine?Why man why?

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,361
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
You are the one here Putinbro, shouldn't your know better why your 'brother' gone mad?

Last edited:

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
Russia will be no longer considered a superpower.

Yes.
Yeah exactly what I think. Especially now with the Iran stuff going on too. It seems like both the West and Russia itself overestimated Russian military power.

I think there will be a Turkic bloc though. It'll be weird because it will be a completely new bloc. There's still hurdles in the way, but I hope I will see it in my lifetime. It could completely change the power structure of the world. It'll be a truly central power. And I think the UK more than anyone else realises the potential. In this new "great game" they want to be the oceanic force, whilst betting on the Turks as the central army which will tie East and West.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,564
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The biggest question is that even after knowing the current state of Russian armed forces, why did Putin attacked Ukraine?Why man why?
Don't think Putin was aware of the state Russian Armed forces was in. Bunch of yes men around him, spitting utter nonsense all the time.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,564
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yeah exactly what I think. Especially now with the Iran stuff going on too. It seems like both the West and Russia itself overestimated Russian military power.

I think there will be a Turkic bloc though. It'll be weird because it will be a completely new bloc. There's still hurdles in the way, but I hope I will see it in my lifetime. It could completely change the power structure of the world. It'll be a truly central power. And I think the UK more than anyone else realises the potential. In this new "great game" they want to be the oceanic force, whilst betting on the Turks as the central army which will tie East and West.
Unless we manage to show a significant presence in the seas, it won't last that long.
One who controls the seas controls the world.

Angry Turk !!!

Reactions
3 997
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Don't think Putin was aware of the state Russian Armed forces was in. Bunch of yes men around him, spitting utter nonsense all the time.
I hope our Country isn't in the same state, because it's full with yes men as well... 20 years of being ruled by islamists doesn't end well for the army.

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
Unless we manage to show a significant presence in the seas, it won't last that long.
One who controls the seas controls the world
This is why TSK is investing so heavily in its Navy. TCG Anadolu isn't meant for the Med of Aegean. It is the first real attempt at expanding outwards. This is why I hope to see destroyers. I can't remember if I'm dreaming or if this is real, but I remember that a Turkic country established a deal with DzKK too have a presence in the Mediteranean. AKA a joint base.

I agree that having a naval president is important. But I still think that we will rule the skies and land. Maybe space will be the next frontier. Unless we get land which has DIRECT access to the oceans, we will remain a land power.

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
I hope our Country isn't in the same state, because it's full with yes men as well... 20 years of being ruled by islamists doesn't end well for the army.
Yeah I hope not too. But I trust TSK. Idlib counter op was good. Seeing Azerbaijan fight so effectively was really exciting. I hope TSK has the same level of competence or better in a proper state on state conflict. TSK is a very robust institution. The fact that the defence industry is the strong point of the country gives me hope.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,564
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is why TSK is investing so heavily in its Navy. TCG Anadolu isn't meant for the Med of Aegean. It is the first real attempt at expanding outwards. This is why I hope to see destroyers. I can't remember if I'm dreaming or if this is real, but I remember that a Turkic country established a deal with DzKK too have a presence in the Mediteranean. AKA a joint base.

I agree that having a naval president is important. But I still think that we will rule the skies and land. Maybe space will be the next frontier. Unless we get land which has DIRECT access to the oceans, we will remain a land power.
...And yet strangely feels like its not enough. IMO we need triple the navy.
I hope you're right.
Would you prefer a command core dominated by the type who flees to Greece after they bungle up a coup detat?

tositr

Reactions
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Albania
Russia for the last 20 years, fell easily into traps of the "West", with west I mean mostly Americans and British. The same playbook that they have used for the last 50-60 years. When they encourage the corruption and criminalization of the elites of one country. Corruption brings enormous amount of money in a country such as Russia and creates a parallel reality for those elites ruling the country, as soon as you are corrupt you are playing in their field. And since 2014 mostly American media was hyping Russian military, that they for real started to think they are really the second army of the world, till they made the fatal mistake of invading Ukraine last year.
Now that Russia basically is done for the next 100 years, Americans already invented China as the next target that is a threat to them, again for excusing their enormous military budget that exceeds 780 Billion $.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 687
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
consequences might be WW3, the number of tanks being provided is laughable in Ukraine in terms of the production capabilities of NATO. Wagner itself is still pushing the AFU back and based on all those videos of the AFU fighting with civilians this past month will make me wonder about their manpower being able to hold off a possible Russian spring offensive when the mud disappears. All an all it isnt the 1st time historically speaking about superpowers wanting to crush Russia when it always ends up being the opposite for some reason so maybe NATO can break this cycle?

After the war Europe will be begging for gas and grain again from Russia since I don't think western europe can deal with paying 4 times the amount of money of LNG gas from the U.S. and to save face from embarrassment they will claim to be taking Turkish gas while Turkey has a deal with Russia on establishing a gas hub. Once the Proxy war is over Russia will focus its interests again in the middle east and towards Africa while establishing trade with the Chinese and Indians.

tositr

Reactions
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Albania
@blackjack, you really believe that 'glorious' Russian history that even FSB let's their interns to push it forward. Any nation in their history had a peek of their civilization. As for crushing maybe you are young But Dzhokhar Dudayev took a really good piss at this 'super power' 2 times. And we all know who gave his coordinates to the Russians.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 17,988
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Stalemate what this proves Nato is actually better in technology and professionalism compared to Russia.

But NATO should not celebrate yet because this proves also both Nato and Russia are not ready for a total war scenario if they ever come face to face.

Nato for this war in Ukaine also depleted their stocks. In a war situation thats pretty catastrophic.

Myth of Russia being on par with Nato is also broken what this also exposed the corruption of the Russian military.

Russian military is pretty big but also obsolete. People have to wonder where all the reforms and modernisation money went to.

Dmr

Reactions
1 334
Nation of residence
Macedonia
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Proved that Russians didn't learn anything from the Chechen wars,their military reform was only show for the masses and also that without nuclear weapons they are not even comparable to NATO.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom