Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
100 1,891
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Pakistan van inferno kills several passengers

Officials say 15 people were killed and several others injured after a passenger van overturned and caught fire on a highway in southern Sindh province.

At least 15 people have been killed after a passenger van travelling in southern Pakistan crashed and caught fire.

Officials said on Sunday the van was carrying passengers from Karachi to Hyderabad city when it struck an object and careened off the road late on Saturday.

"The death toll in the unfortunate accident has reached 15," Owais Shah, the transport minister of Sindh province, told AFP news agency.

Five other people were injured, three of them critically, he said.

Very Sad. May they rest in peace.

These Vans are an absolute death trap and most of them are in no condition to drive. With rusty gas tanks right under the seat and the drivers working double shifts and being hopped on drugs to stay aware, these vans travel at neckbreaking speeds. Let me give you a hint of it.

If i travel by my car driving at 60- 80 km/hr, i reach Lahore Courts in about 50 min. This is GT road and not motorway so the speed has to be low.

When Deawoo was running between SKP and Lahore, it would take me 1 hour 10 min to reach Lahore.

In Van, i reach lahore in 35 minutes on a slow day and 25 minutes on a fast day. That means that the speed these guys travel are that crazy!!

Transportation is a major issue in Pakistan but ofcourse, just like the hotel business at Murree is owned by politicians, the transport service is run and backed by the same. Through this protection they are able to make sure that the value of life in this country becomes even cheaper.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom