Political coup or constitutional right? What's going on in Tunisia?

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
I'm really wondering how can anyone write such article with a straight face... it's comical.
Tunisia's enemies are spreading Fake News. No PM has been beaten. Tunisia is not a "Banana Sheikdom" but a true democracy. Tunisia President is a legal expert and a former Law Professor. Actually Tunisia is the only democracy in the whole region. Things will get in perfect order, according to my sources.

Last edited:

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
Tunisia is a smaller, less developed, poorer version of what we Turks call 'old Turkey'. In other words: Little Kemalistan. They even have an article within a supposedly democratic constitution to basically abandon the democratic system. Wtf...
Turkey is a suitable model for Tunisia but also for Libya after it stabilizes.

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
it's not a military coup d'état the constitution is not suspended in fact it was sort of according to constitution... well the article 80 is very open for interpretations and the constitutional court that determines the legality of the decision is not established thanks to the parliament.
Several Mideast sharks on this thread smelling blood . Lower your hopes, cuz Tunisia's Democracy is not gonna fall.

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
And now you will be under a dictatorship which will never, ever abuse its power.

But this time you won't be able to vote it out during the next election, but be doomed to live under it forever.

And you won't be able to exercise your much-vaunted "freedom of speech" against it. The moment you do you will be arrested.

But whatever, continue to celebrate your new overlords.
Why are you wishing doom and gloom to a country, Tunisia, you know nothing about, dude ?

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
rip democracy in tunisia, bad event for Turkey interests. i suppose people in general not rational after all. arabs just love dictatorships.
Tunisians do speak Arabic, but are ethnically either Carthaginians or Berbers.

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
So it is not a coup? Ok lets wait and see wher it will end. I am curious.
Turkey would support Democracy in Tunisia, while the Arab regimes would support a Coup in Tunisia in order to install a Dictatorship there similar to their regimes.

Last edited:

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
Throughout my life, I breath and eat Tunisian politics since I was born. But here in this thread I am finding "Experts" on Tunisian politics who actually know very little, to not say nothing, about Tunisia and its politics and its people and its history. Crazy times we live in indeed.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
The ancestors of Tunisia are the Carthaginians. Go visit the Carthage museum and ruins in Tunis city.
I know who they are, there are carthaginians in tunisia like romans in italy, even less...

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
I know who they are, there are carthaginians in tunisia like romans in italy, even less...
Tunisians identify themselves with the Carthaginian Empire, who during its time gave the greatest defeat to the Romans under General Hannibal. Today the Tunisia national football team is colloquially known as Les Aigles de Carthage (The Eagles of Carthage). The team represents Tunisia in international football since their maiden match in 1957.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Tunisians identify themselves with the Carthaginian Empire, who during its time gave the greatest defeat to the Romans under General Hannibal. Today the Tunisia national football team is colloquially known as Les Aigles de Carthage (The Eagles of Carthage). The team represents Tunisia in international football since their maiden match in 1957.
Ok, beside historical artefacts, show me language,culture, cities with living people who could resemble even in far distace with hanibal people? This pop culture symbols like that fc name does not count.

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
Ok, beside historical artefacts, show me language,culture, cities with living people who could resemble even in far distace with hanibal people? This pop culture symbols like that fc name does not count.
Are you a real being or some type of robot ? Questioning people's cultures when we know nothing about yours. Present yourself to us and let us be the judges. Why don't you start with your educational background, that will be of great help.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Are you a real being or some type of robot ? Questioning people's cultures when we know nothing about yours. Present yourself to us and let us be the judges.
Ii did not mean to be rude, conversation went in that direction.
When some significant happens in my country i will be glad to answer on any questions related to evemt and any other.

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
Ii did not mean to be rude, conversation went in that direction.
When some significant happens in my country i will be glad to answer on any questions related to evemt and any other.
Tunisia's Carthaginian history aside, the current event in Tunisia is not a Coup d’état. People can conspire all they want, but law and order will prevail in Tunisia which is the only Democracy that is part of the Arab League. I rest my case.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom