TR Politics

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
You can imagine how would they conduct with other strategic aimes in geopolicy.
The Turkish military would be more independent in its actions, and wouldn't wait for approval from the palace to conduct operations...

P

POOTIN

I think the AKP put a lot of stuff into this bill which wouldn't get passed otherwise, in order to get the advantage of calling the opposition PKK lovers for objecting to any of it. But I will look for text of the bill for any other commentary

Smart move, holding a political hostage almost

guest12

Reactions
2 876
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
"Turkish main opposition CHP says it won’t vote for the resolution that grants two-year-long authorisation for Erdogan in military operations in Syria and Iraq. A first in many years."

The opposition are essentially handed victory in the next election on their plate, yet they still manage to botch it.

I wonder if iYi party will vote for or against the bill - it can be a deciding factor of the next election.
Tell me "I am an American asset" without telling me I am an American asset.

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
Tell me "I am an American asset" without telling me I am an American asset.
Who was it that supported the rebels against Assad again? Who let PKK/YPG cross through Turkey from Iraq to Syria? Who made peace with PKK terrorists?

Is he (Erdoğan) not an American asset? If I dig deeper you will start having a cry about it.

Cenkcnk

Committed member
Reactions
1 354
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Who was it that supported the rebels against Assad again? Who let PKK/YPG cross through Turkey from Iraq to Syria? Who made peace with PKK terrorists?

Is he (Erdoğan) not an American asset? If I dig deeper you will start having a cry about it.
are you gonna clean RTE's shit by running away into our borders? Being there keeps us relatively safe. otherwise, syrian hordes will eat the country out

HTurk

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,203
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
If that's true, CHP has showed one more time that they will get screwed from every foreign party once they are in office.

Like I said before, CHP is NO alternative to AKP. Never was, never will be.

I can understand Syria if they want to establish peace with Assad but why the hell Iraq?!

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
You can imagine how would they conduct with other strategic aimes in geopolicy.
Like how Erdo managed to become enemies with everyone? Yeah, geopolitical 4D chess buddy.

Azerbaijan was the only real success. Libya was to a lesser extent. But let's not ignore the elephant in the room.

Syria has been a bloody disaster. You know that YPG still gets weapon shipments? What happened to finishing them? That's what happens when you team up with the USA to destroy your neighbour and send in stupid Islamists to do the job...

Oh and Mavi Vatan... Erdo arrested the architect of it. Ever since, we've taken massive steps back.

Just face it, this man is a menace to this nation.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
The Turkish military would be more independent in its actions, and wouldn't wait for approval from the palace to conduct operations...
We both now that those times are passed, really doubt that ever again can go out of the clutches from civilian institutions. In the case that military has similar role like up to the 2000s, Turkey would be even more condemned by west, which is fine irony.

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
are you gonna clean RTE's shit by running away into our borders? Being there keeps us relatively safe. otherwise, syrian hordes will eat the country out
As @POOTIN mentioned, there is more to it than just the deployment of our troops over there. AKP is trying some sneaky stuff to regain votes.

But that aside, our deployment in Syria has been a freaking mess. We've lost so many troops to ambushes and mortar fire, and we haven't even responded. It's infuriating. Don't you see that once again, just before elections, Erdo will start an operation? Because to him, TSK, is just a tool to gain votes with, just like our defence industry. Do you remember when the fires were happening? The plane shortages were completely ignored by the state media. Instead, they were advertising how effective our drones were at finding fires... Actually, a better example which directly correlates to what I was saying, is when Erdogan ordered cops and troops not to touch PKK, even though they were laying bombs all over the south-east. Then the fighting began before the general elections...

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Like how Erdo managed to become enemies with everyone? Yeah, geopolitical 4D chess buddy.

Azerbaijan was the only real success. Libya was to a lesser extent. But let's not ignore the elephant in the room.

Syria has been a bloody disaster. You know that YPG still gets weapon shipments? What happened to finishing them? That's what happens when you team up with the USA to destroy your neighbour and send in stupid Islamists to do the job...

Oh and Mavi Vatan... Erdo arrested the architect of it. Ever since, we've taken massive steps back.

Just face it, this man is a menace to this nation.
Not him personaly, Turkey has become "enemy" to everyone once you raised your head above the water so to speak and started to look its own interests. That is tough game.

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
We both now that those times are passed, really doubt that ever again can go out of the clutches from civilian institutions. In the case that military has similar role like up to the 2000s, Turkey would be even more condemned by west, which is fine irony.

No, if parliamentary system returns, the military will have its shackles removed...

Who cares if we get more condemned by the West. As long as the military does what's right for the country.

Erdogan on the other hand, took in 8 million refugees for the West and still gets condemned. "Oooo I was tricked". The man is bad in both ways, that's when you know he needs to go.

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
Not him personaly, Turkey has become "enemy" to everyone once you raised your head above the water so to speak and started to look its own interests. That is tough game.
Yes Turkey does have many enemies that will always be enemies. But, you're not forgetting that Erdo has burned so many bridges all because of his ego and his will to appeal to his voter base.

He has put Turkey in a terrible position.

I saw a video from a well respected geopolitical analyst who said that Turkey will be a superpower by 2080. But he said that the biggest issue is the current leadership, otherwise the country ticks all the boxes.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
No, if parliamentary system returns, the military will have its shackles removed...

Who cares if we get more condemned by the West. As long as the military does what's right for the country.

Erdogan on the other hand, took in 8 million refugees for the West and still gets condemned. "Oooo I was tricked". The man is bad in both ways, that's when you know he needs to go.

Well, i hope you will not try to rectify on wrong doing with even worse doing, which is exactly that allowing military to meddle in civilan affairs.
Yes, he was and in extent that he should knew better, you can put that kind of blaim on him.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Yes Turkey does have many enemies that will always be enemies. But, you're not forgetting that Erdo has burned so many bridges all because of his ego and his will to appeal to his voter base.

He has put Turkey in a terrible position.

I saw a video from a well respected geopolitical analyst who said that Turkey will be a superpower by 2080. But he said that the biggest issue is the current leadership, otherwise the country ticks all the boxes.
Yet, i do not share that position. Yes, you are right that he burnt many bridges but with west primarely, in other was he built many more. My impression if you look globally not only west, Turkey is much more influencer and respected then before Erdogan time, that is pretty much obvious.

Come on, well respected and he projects geopolicy 60 years ahead :)

Tonyukuk

Reactions
1 973
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Kazakhstan
Yet, i do not share that position. Yes, you are right that he burnt many bridges but with west primarely, in other was he built many more. My impression if you look globally not only west, Turkey is much more influencer and respected then before Erdogan time, that is pretty much obvious.

Come on, well respected and he projects geopolicy 60 years ahead :)

The rocky relationship with Russia? The Eastern European countries buying drones? The Turkic nations which had only gained their independence a few decades ago?

Those are the only true worthwhile new partnerships I can think of. Maybe along with Indonesia, Malaysia, etc..

Erdo pretty much allowed Qatar to patch up the economy for a little while...

Forget all the African nations, where literally every outside nation interferes for easy money...

We completely fcked up our relations with both the West and the Middle East.

You know what the funny thing is, if Turkey maintained a secular rhetoric, it would have had more power in both east and west. We also never would have had the mess in Syria. You know that in the 90s the military was on the brink of invading Syria. Syria then decided to back down... AKP on the other hand, decided to link up with the USA and train Islamists. Now, the west pressures us over the same guys that they used to support. Just shows you how short-sighted AKP is.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
The rocky relationship with Russia? The Eastern European countries buying drones? The Turkic nations which had only gained their independence a few decades ago?

Those are the only true worthwhile new partnerships I can think of. Maybe along with Indonesia, Malaysia, etc..

Erdo pretty much allowed Qatar to patch up the economy for a little while...

Forget all the African nations, where literally every outside nation interferes for easy money...

We completely fcked up our relations with both the West and the Middle East.

You know what the funny thing is, if Turkey maintained a secular rhetoric, it would have had more power in both east and west. We also never would have had the mess in Syria. You know that in the 90s the military was on the brink of invading Syria. Syria then decided to back down... AKP on the other hand, decided to link up with the USA and train Islamists. Now, the west pressures us over the same guys that they used to support. Just shows you how short-sighted AKP is.
I wish that things are that simple..., anyway it is obvious that we disagree and i would not like to continue this spinning around, we have opposite perspectives and insights on political dynamics, i think further conversation would not bring anyting new on table.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom