Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,264
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
What a great thing that this guy is leading TEI to levels that exceed expectations in an unbelievable speed. Kudos and respect!

AWP

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine
What a spectacular achievement by TEI , the TF-10000 was announced while ago and now in production phase . I expect TF-6000 production is done, and soon a test video will be published

Honestly, I wouldn't be supersized if we see a mockup for TF-X engine in 2023

Hasanrize

Committed member
Reactions
1 509
Nation of residence
Finland
Nation of origin
Turkey
What a spectacular achievement by TEI , the TF-10000 was announced while ago and now in production phase . I expect TF-6000 production is done, and soon a test video will be published

Honestly, I wouldn't be supersized if we see a mockup for TF-X engine in 2023
Don't expect that much; TF-10000 is actually TF-6000 with an afterburner behind it. He told himself a couple of weeks before that those engines would take time to produce because each part of the engine should be coded into printers which will take time. Look like they are taking a risk and increasing the speed of production.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Inconel718 nickel superalloy powder and cage produced with this

1672837683494.jpeg
1672837682830.jpeg

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,687
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Unlike steel, this alloy keeps its high strength at high temperatures so you can use this for any application that needs high strength at high temperatures, for example, jet engines.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
What happened to BlackSeaShield and Zorya JV etc. Empty promises I guess.

bayraktar didn' team up with Motorsich but with Ukrspecexport.

Ukroboronprom (UOP; Ukrainian: Укроборонпром, Ukrainian Defence Industry) is an association of multi-product enterprises (conglomerate or concern) in various sectors of the defence industry of Ukraine. Ukroboronprom has ceased most of its activities across Ukraine since the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine and has relocated much of its production abroad.

Pilatino

Reactions
3 663
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
bayraktar didn' team up with Motorsich but with Ukrspecexport.

Ukroboronprom (UOP; Ukrainian: Укроборонпром, Ukrainian Defence Industry) is an association of multi-product enterprises (conglomerate or concern) in various sectors of the defence industry of Ukraine. Ukroboronprom has ceased most of its activities across Ukraine since the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine and has relocated much of its production abroad.

Thx for the details but I was dreaming for a serial production line in Turkey and feel sad about it. Where did they relocated do you have any info?

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Thx for the details but I was dreaming for a serial production line in Turkey and feel sad about it. Where did they relocated do you have any info?

When it comes to engine Ukrainians don't want to share ther engine, even JV was not possible. As you can see they now understanding the importance of Turkey but i am afraid they are to late. They are located in Istanbul.

moz68k

Reactions
18 579
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Any engine guys know if/think there is a shared architecture between the I4/I6, UTKU and BATU projects? The I4 and I6 have a per cylinder combustion volume of ≈2.1L (8.4L and 12.8, respectively); UTKU ≈2.0L (16.2L); and BATU ≈2.3L (27.3L). Total displacements are listed in parentheses.

Do you think BMC bored and/or stroked a base ≈2.0L cylinder for all its engines. I know a lot of car companies use a shared architecture for most of their newer engines now, which has actually increased reliability. BMW, for instance, uses the modular B series architecture in its and I3 (B38), I4 (B48), and I6 (B58) engines [1].

This approach would also be a good sign for BATU, since I recall hearing that UTKU is doing well in testing.

I can't find any displacement data on the long-stroke Doosan DV27K, but MTU's MT883 Ka-500/501 has 27.4L total displacement and is also a short-stroke engine, so it's broadly comparable to the BATU on paper.

With respect to BATU's transmission, obviously RENK's 5f5r gear transmission is unmatched by neither BMC (5f2r), nor SNT Dynamics (6f3r). However, it does make me wonder whether there really is an advantage to having so many reverse gears on a tank? I mean Allison's DDA X-1100-3B used on the Abrams has 4f2r gears, and is probably the most battle-tested tank outside of Russian sh*tboxes. I mean our LEO 2A4s 5 reverse gears didn't do us any favors when faced with IS & PKK kornets... Perhaps that's why we simplified the number of reverse gears?

EDIT: SNT Dynamics EST15K has 6 forward and 3 reverse gears, thanks Chocopie for the correction

Last edited:

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,573
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
However, it does make me wonder whether there really is an advantage to having so many reverse gears on a tank?
Having a lotta reverse gears help with reverse speed, which allows the tank to rapidly back away from danger with its stronger front armor facing the enemy, if the need arises.

Most Russian shitboxes only have 1 reverse gear, which gives them the ability of backing up at a blistering 4 km/h. When Russian tanks need to urgently back up, they usually do so by exposing their underarmored back side.
You don't want to flash your bare back towards your enemy, that's how you get penetrated. ;)

As for the Turkish Leo2A4s in Syria, those tanks were pretty barebones in their equipments department, even in their prime. But unlike Russian staff, our lads learn from their mistakes, and we managed to pull through with tactics and other equipment. But of course that's a subject to be discussed in another topic.

Chocopie

Contributor
South Korea Correspondent
Reactions
33 1,924
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
South Korea
Any engine guys know if/think there is a shared architecture between the I4/I6, UTKU and BATU projects? The I4 and I6 have a per cylinder combustion volume of ≈2.1L (8.4L and 12.8, respectively); UTKU ≈2.0L (16.2L); and BATU ≈2.3L (27.3L). Total displacements are listed in parentheses.

Do you think BMC bored and/or stroked a base ≈2.0L cylinder for all its engines. I know a lot of car companies use a shared architecture for most of their newer engines now, which has actually increased reliability. BMW, for instance, uses the modular B series architecture in its and I3 (B38), I4 (B48), and I6 (B58) engines [1].

This approach would also be a good sign for BATU, since I recall hearing that UTKU is doing well in testing.

I can't find any displacement data on the long-stroke Doosan DV27K, but MTU's MT883 Ka-500/501 has 27.4L total displacement and is also a short-stroke engine, so it's broadly comparable to the BATU on paper.

With respect to BATU's transmission, obviously RENK's 5f5r gear transmission is unmatched by neither BMC (5f2r), nor Doosan (5f3r). However, it does make me wonder whether there really is an advantage to having so many reverse gears on a tank? I mean Allison's DDA X-1100-3B used on the Abrams has 4f2r gears, and is probably the most battle-tested tank outside of Russian sh*tboxes. I mean our LEO 2A4s 5 reverse gears didn't do us any favors when faced with IS & PKK kornets... Perhaps that's why we simplified the number of reverse gears?
Hyundai Doosan Infracore DV27K displacement is 27,2 L.

K2 planned Korean transmission (new reliability test needed) is not from Doosan.
SNT Dynamics EST15K has 6 forward/3 reverse gears.

moz68k

Reactions
18 579
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
I also have another question regarding the Doosan DV27K's dry weight (≈2550 Kg) in comparison to the MTU MT883 Ka-500/501 (≈1800 Kg). First of all, are these numbers true? If so, why is there such a significant difference in weight between the two engines? Do the Germans really have alien tech? What dry weight can we expect from BATU? Sorry for all the questions, I'm really not knowledgable on this subject.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom