Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Doubters gonna doubt, and haters gonna hate. Murad is better than APG-83 in every parameter with the possible exception of software.
I think better will be include software. Because it is possible to optimize the code with artificial intelligence. Therefore, IMO, if the hardware is of high quality, the radar will be totaly superior with almost 100% certainty.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,509
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Two indigenous AESA Radars delivered

Within the scope of the AESA Nose Radar Development Project, the first two AESA Nose Radars were delivered to the companies for the integration tests of the radar to AKINCI TİHA and F-16s

By companies I'm assuming it's Baykar and TAI?

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There should be one Murad radar for the F-16D flying with Kaan and another one Murad radar for Akıncı, which is equipped with new engines.

Bombardier type jets to be purchased (or already purchased) from Canada should also be used for BURFIS.

BaburKhan

Committed member
Reactions
5 618
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Germany
There should be one radar for the F-16D flying with Kaan and one radar for Akıncı, which is equipped with new engines.

Bombardier type jets to be purchased (or already purchased) from Canada should also be used for BURFIS.

For Kizilelma?

Ecderha

Experienced member
Reactions
4 7,789
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

Having come off the production line, #ASELFIR-500 and ASELFLIR-410 Electro-optical Reconnaissance Surveillance and Targeting Systems -firsts of mass production- are ready to become the sharp eyes of aerial platforms.
They should send notification to Canada, that first batch of Aselflir-500 came from production line.
Canada should not miss that opportunity to became first foreign country having Aselfir-500. :cool:

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,686
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
you literally just answered someone's question last page with a vague answer because we don't know much about murad. how are you even making that claim. AESAs get some of the least revealed about them in military hardware.

i love my country as much as any patriot but this forum is infested with braindead takes. gg
What we don't know is how good "exactly" it is. Like if someone says Murad detects 1 square meter target at 200km i wouldn't oppose it because when I calculate with the data I know about MURAD radar it is a realistic estimation. We know it is better than APG-83 because we know the performance of APG-83 and we can roughly(but not exactly) calculate the performance of the MURAD radar with the data we have. It is math. You can find radar calculators/spreadsheets online and put the numbers to calculate for a 1 square meter target.

Last edited:

infrared

Reactions
5 203
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
i love my country as much as any patriot but this forum is infested with braindead takes. gg
That is my take too.

You cannot say anything against any defence project even if you repeat what project owners are saying. I believe this is because people come here to read good news and get angry when their expectations are not met. Defense is kinda the only thing they have left in Turkey to be happy about.

Also some people pretend like they are authority using nicknames implying such idea. When you prove they are 100% wrong still they dont admit their mistake.

In the radar case they say murad will be better just based on numbers and they disrespectfully disregard the experience of other companies that have been working on such projects for almost a century. They cannot admit a 40 year old company and a 100 year old company do not have the same capability to extract useful information from a 20 dB signal. It is not only hardware and numbers. When you disregard the experience of others, you are applying extra pressure to already overloaded engineers of yours. Hürkuş flew more than 10 years ago with good specs on paper but it is still not in the inventory is a good example of how numbers do not mean much.

This is my 0.02$ evaluating the situation with pink glasses.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,686
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When you put 1152 30-watt GaN modules together you will get a better range than your competition. This is physics. Aselsan has vast experience and knowledge of producing radars. I'm not overestimating you guys are underestimating. Canadians did the same things with optics and now Aselsan surpassed them. People mocked us about Kaan when TAI said it will fly and now they are eating their words.

How many companies can produce a building block as compact as this? That little thing has 16 T/R modules and Murad has 72 of them for a total of 1152 modules.

murad.jpg

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
20 2,189
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
We continue to ensure that our resources remain in our country by producing advanced technologies locally and nationally.
⬇️
ASELSAN #ELMAS Ruggedized LCD Display Unit, which is fully compatible with the pilot's night vision systems and provides high brightness and vivid symbology capabilities in day and night missions, was developed and production started.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,294
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kozan Selçuk said that HAVELSAN made early warning simulations by creating a joint air picture in different locations with 3 Akıncı's with AESA radars.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kozan Selçuk said that HAVELSAN made early warning simulations by creating a joint air picture in different locations with Akıncı, which has 3 AESA radars.

yes, akinci could do 10 procent of E7 Wedge tail awacs work. He was very positive about akinci.

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,190
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
yes, akinci could do 10 procent of E7 Wedge tail awacs work. He was very positive about akinci.
I think the point was if a single AKINCI can do like 10% of performance of E7, a bunch of them can effectively create a networked alternative. Having multiple in different directions can provide significant benefits in some detection scenarios.

zio

Reactions
4 456
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Thanks to Aselsan.I will list what we have working on and what we have to underwater acustic systems and warfare.
1. Aktif sonoboy-there is no news about it,
2. Multistatik sonar software integration -meteksan and Tubitak -project BOSS
3. Anti torpedo hard kill-Aselsan Tork project
4.Passif sonoboy-Aselsan
5. LW torpedo-Roketsan Orka
6.Single crystal PZ sonar unit-Meteksan
7. SAR sonar-meteksan and tubitak are working
8. Digital underwater telephone-Tubitak working and Koç Defence will buy it.
9.Magnetic Anomaly detector-MAD no news
10. Quantum tech for MAD no news
11.Quantum cryptology for underwater telephone or modem-no news
12.Fiberoptic towed sonar for submarines-Meteksan
13.Fiberoptic flank array sonar-Meteksan
14.Ultra LW torpedo for UAV no news
15.Sub Atmaca-Roketsan
16.Sub Gezgin no news
17.Recovery vehicle for Mosship-no news
18.Fulmar project signed

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom