Poland
Nation of origin
South Korea
İğneada Launch Site Progress

Image-1 : 08.03.2021

GJMycmyXoAAUnwA

Image-2 : 17.03.2024
GJMycnQWwAAQT9Y

Nice progress. Igneada was the only option in Turkiye for West-East launches to be honest. Though does Turkiye have any concrete options on how they'll launch SSO or Polar orbit? I've seen others talk about sea launch and I know there are some stuff going on with Somalia, but I wonder if any of those are actually plausible.

Sea launch would still require them go all the way out into the Atlantic or near Odesa. Somalia is... well, we know how things are still in Somalia.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,076
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
9 9,046
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
1711659005868.png

First picture of what Fergani Space is working on! They are going to leave their mark on the space industry as well.

First launch of their satellite expected in 2024!

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,076
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 66932

First picture of what Fergani Space is working on! They are going to leave their mark on the space industry as well.

Resembles an octocopter drone waiting to get its propellers and loaded with a big battery. I have been looking at drones lately.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
27 4,533
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 66932

Kudos to them. Mass producing satellites is the way to go but, can someone tell me what their business model is? What services will these satellites provide? I don't remember reading anything on it(maybe i missed it).

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,076
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If they can build a constellation they can provide sat-com services to less fortunate militaries. I wish their payload is light enough to launch from İğneada.

Last edited:

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
27 4,533
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If they can build a constellation they can provide sat-com services to less fortunate militaries.
doesn't explain the LEO part. why would you launch hundreds(possibly) of satellites to cover the entire earth for just a few military services. also, you will have to replace them every several years due to drag. it's not feasible.

GEO satellites would do the job.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,076
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
doesn't explain the LEO part. why would you launch hundreds(possibly) of satellites to cover the entire earth for just a few military services. also, you will have to replace them every several years due to drag. it's not feasible.

GEO satellites would do the job.
GEO satellites have latency. They can control fast planes with minimal latency with LEO satellites. If the cost of launching from İğneada is acceptable then Roketsan've already got a customer who can pay the cost of fast track launch services RD.

Top Bottom