TR Space Space Programs

Y

Yoyo

Turksat 5A with Turkish-made transponders and other indigenous subsystems will be launched by SpaceX later this year, followed by Turksat 5B next year.

Also, according to this source they're also bidding to launch Turkey's first FULLY indigenous telecommunications satellite Turksat 6A.

But I reckon there's another reason for Tayyip Erdogan and Elon Musk to be standing next to these mockup rockets. :unsure:

xlp106-ap.jpg

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
For comparison, Df-21 ballistic missile has 1,4m diameter solid propellant rocket engine.

images

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Presented as with a diameter of 1.35m

Yes I know. Thanks for reminding. It is the diameter of carbon fiber rocket motor case. The rocket/missile itself may be a little bigger than this figure so I gave an average figure around 1,4. I mean they (with df-21) are more or less similar in size.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That's one awesome rocket right there. I noticed that it may not be perfectly round. I don't know if a rocket can have some flat sides like when you bundle several tubes and shrinkwrap them into one which leaves flat edges between tubes. Or do I need some eyeglasses to see reality.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When it comes to range the length of the rocket also comes into play other then the diameter so I guess there is not a direct comparison. However you can work out a range number if you can calculate the volume of the rocket.

T

triangle

That's one awesome rocket right there. I noticed that it may not be perfectly round. I don't know if a rocket can have some flat sides like when you bundle several tubes and shrinkwrap them into one which leaves flat edges between tubes. Or do I need some eyeglasses to see reality.

Could be optical distortions

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When it comes to range the length of the rocket also comes into play other then the diameter so I guess there is not a direct comparison. However you can work out a range number if you can calculate the volume of the rocket.

Diameter, the number of stages, length of the stages, payload weight all play the major role to determine the range factor indeed.

Balamir

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
These systems shown were tested about 2 years ago. Turkey situations that may arise in the current higher altitudes. Turkey's medium-range ballistic missile that work and I think that even enter into inventory. However, it can only be disclosed in a conflict or war situation. Otherwise, an intense embargo will start. Or some explanation can be made through unofficial sources.

T

triangle

These systems shown were tested about 2 years ago. Turkey situations that may arise in the current higher altitudes. Turkey's medium-range ballistic missile that work and I think that even enter into inventory. However, it can only be disclosed in a conflict or war situation. Otherwise, an intense embargo will start. Or some explanation can be made through unofficial sources.

Are you saying that Turkey is already producing MRBM?

Y

Yoyo

Can't Turkey license-produce something like SpaceX's Merlin liquid fuel engine? Especially given the fact that we've selected them to launch Turksat 5A and 5B?

merlin.jpg

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,185
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That is wishful thinking at this stage. We know that it can happen, yet it may have not.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom