Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Composite propellant tank or housing for solid-propellant
1598807719192.png

Grid fins, course correction while in atmosphere or possible development of a rocket stages to return back for re-use.
1598807812256.png

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

By 2025 Turkey hopes to develop micro satellite launch vehicle with a payload of 100kg launched at distance of 400 km into low-earth orbit.

Last edited:
T

Turko

"A sounding rocket, is an instrument-carrying rocket designed to take measurements and perform scientific experiments during its sub-orbital flight." :devilish: i see just a ballistic missile without future warhead.

Bayraktar TB2

Contributor
Reactions
20200901_151201.jpg

MICRO SATELLITE LAUNCHING SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT PROJECT

MICRO SATELLITE LAUNCHING VEHICLE

Launching Capability: Placing 100 kg Micro Satellite in 400 km orbit

Speed: 7.7 km / second

Lenght: 19 meters

1st Stage Engine Solid Fuel Rocket Engine

2nd Stage Engine Solid Fuel Rocket Engine

3rd Stage Engine Liquid Fuel Rocket Engine

Diameter: 1.35 m

Takeoff Weight: 32 tons

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 674

MICRO SATELLITE LAUNCHING SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT PROJECT

MICRO SATELLITE LAUNCHING VEHICLE

Launching Capability: Placing 100 kg Micro Satellite in 400 km orbit

Speed: 7.7 km / second

Lenght: 19 meters

1st Stage Engine Solid Fuel Rocket Engine

2nd Stage Engine Solid Fuel Rocket Engine

3rd Stage Engine Liquid Fuel Rocket Engine

Diameter: 1.35 m

Takeoff Weight: 32 tons

A SLV with a diameter of 1,35m is almost equal to Chinese Df-21 ballistic missile (1,4m).

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Roketsan MUFA SLV program;
EbI1uBCXkAE5ob7.jpg

• First and Second stage will have solid propellant thruster with 1,35m diameter composite tanks equipped with swiveling nozzle. The tanks and nozzle is under the production phase in Roketsan at present.
  • Third stage of MUFA will be the liquid-propellant thruster. The rocket engine program that is using liquid propellant is being called as "Umit". In openning ceremony in Roketsan, A smaller liqued propellant rocket engine were spoted at the second stage of new TP series sounding rocket and I believe, The advanced variant of this liqued engine will be used as third stage for MUFA.
These technologies and the materials introduced on ceremony are actually enlightening the level of Turkish rocket/missile industry. From a simple perspective, Producing a SLV technology is more difficult than producing a ballistic missile. The nations who mastered on SLV technologies can easily develop a Medium to Long range ballistic missiles but Not all nations who is able to produce ballistic missiles can easily develop a SLV. MUFA tech is more or less a Chinese Medium range ballistic missile. The people who wonder the level of Turkish industry in this field should take a look at these technologies to realize where Turkey has been climbing at present.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
EbI1uBCXkAE5ob7.jpg

• First and Second stage will have solid propellant thruster with 1,35m diameter composite tanks equipped with swiveling nozzle. The tanks and nozzle is under the production phase in Roketsan at present.
  • Third stage of MUFA will be the liquid-propellant thruster. The rocket engine program that is using liquid propellant is being called as "Umit". In openning ceremony in Roketsan, A smaller liqued propellant rocket engine were spoted at the second stage of new TP series sounding rocket and I believe, The advanced variant of this liqued engine will be used as third stage for MUFA.
These technologies and the materials introduced on ceremony are actually enlightening the level of Turkish rocket/missile industry. From a simple perspective, Producing a SLV technology is more difficult than producing a ballistic missile. The nations who mastered on SLV technologies can easily develop a Medium to Long range ballistic missiles but Not all nations who is able to produce ballistic missiles can easily develop a SLV. MUFA tech is more or less a Chinese Medium range ballistic missile. The people who wonder the level of Turkish industry in this field should take a look at these technologies to realize where Turkey has been climbing at present.

This must be MUFA
untitled-1-jpg.626

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This must be MUFA
untitled-1-jpg.626

Bro, I think the roadway is going in this direction.
By 2021-22, MUFA test will be launched and We will see the MUFA SLV in 2024/25.

TP-02: 1. Stage: Small scale Solid; 2. Stage: Small scale Liquid

MUFA Test - 1. Stage: Full scale(1,35m) Solid; 2. Stage: Full scale Liquid

MUFA SLV: 1. Stage: Solid Booster; 2. Stage: Solid; 3. Stage: Liquid

Balamir

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
MUFA test will be launched
Bro, I think the roadway is going in this direction.
By 2021-22, MUFA test will be launched and We will see the MUFA SLV in 2024/25.

TP-02: 1. Stage: Small scale Solid; 2. Stage: Small scale Liquid

MUFA Test - 1. Stage: Full scale(1,35m) Solid; 2. Stage: Full scale Liquid

MUFA SLV: 1. Stage: Solid Booster; 2. Stage: Solid; 3. Stage: Liquid
Cabatli,
It was announced that the launched TP-0.2-3 rocket consisted entirely of solid fuel and the liquid fuel rocket engine came to the test phase. Are you sure TP 0.2 has liquid fuel?

S

Sinan

EbI1uBCXkAE5ob7.jpg

Well, i'm not going to hide my disappointment.

I remember this project has been going on for 5 years and it will take another 5 years. At the end of 10 years, project will give us the capability of nothing. Turksat satellites are at GEO, LEO satellites weigh much more than 100 kg (Göktürk-1 1000kg, Göktürk-2 400kg). So what's the objective of this project ?

More over, if we are starting on clean sheet, i would prefer our rockets to have re-usability. This rocket can never compete against Falcon series of SpaceX. Yes, it is a strategical importance to have national SLV but if like i said only 100 kg.

Hope, i'm somehow wrong....

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Top Bottom