Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Construction of the ŞİMŞEK-1 launch vehicle facility has begun

A contract was signed with the SSB for the construction of the ŞİMŞEK-1 launch vehicle facility developed by ROKETSAN. ŞİMŞEK-2 will be used in the 2nd Moon Mission.

Super news thx bro!

Roketsan's SLV projects are very strategic for our free access to space. Considering that we will gain very high resolution EO satellites, positioning, communication and early warning capabilities from space in the 2030s, it will be vital to carry these capabilities into space with domestic rockets. At the same time, these projects will be a prestigious and promotional instrument for our country.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,159
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am wishing for a quantum leap in the space launch system development efforts of Roketsan and Türkiye similar to what TUSAŞ are doing in fighter jet development.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Wasnt Turkey going to send something to the moon this year?

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 968
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
What will serve those nanosats ?
they seem useless and just for fun like buying drone camera .
Whete is real spy satellite IMECE ? 😡

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Mr Mandal: "We are producing 2 IMECE sub-meter cameras for a friendly and allied country. We also participated in the tender to produce a satellite for a friendly country. The preliminary stages are over, we are shortlisted.”

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,749
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hope Turkiye produces some 12 Spy sats next 6 years to spy eveywhere anytime 😍
Any news about the number of spy Sats Turk military order ?
The satellite is not in a stationary orbit. It's in a polar orbit. It has to make a full circle(about 100min) around the globe to spend a few mins over Turkiye. I'm not sure how many trips the satellite will make to Turkiye in a day.

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 968
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
The satellite is not in a stationary orbit. It's in a polar orbit. It has to make a full circle(about 100min) around the globe to spend a few mins over Turkiye. I'm not sure how many trips the satellite will make to Turkiye in a day.
I know thats why i said Turkiye needs alot of spy satellites because when a location in France ( example) is needed to spy , One of spy satellites is there to spy . Aslo China russia USA and some others have too many spy satellites .
In case of bad weathers There should be SAR spy satellite Gokturk 3 that is becaming ready since 2013 bit still no news about it . 15 spy sats - 3 SAR sats - 10 telecomunication sats are perfect for Turkiye

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,749
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What is the resolution of that satellite?
It's Panchromatic(black and white) resolution is 0.99m(submeter) whereas the multispectral resolution is 3.96m. That means multispectral mode if two objects are as close to each other as 3.96 meters then the those two objects would seem as one in the image.

One single image covers an area of 13.9 km × 16.2 km.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,749
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This image below is from IKONOS EO satellite(was launched in 1999 to the same orbit with 680km altitude). It has 1 meter panchromatic resolution and 4m multispectral resolution. These values are very similar to IMECE's. So it should give an idea on how IMECE's images would look when it's in operation.

ikonos-rio-de-janeiro-port-brasil-web.jpg

The port of Rio de Janeiro

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom