CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria

Spanish report warns of Morocco’s ‘hybrid strategies’ to annex Ceuta, Melilla​

The Institute of Security and Culture urges Spain to monitor Morocco’s activity and not underestimate its rearmament which gives the North African kingdom an advantage in the face of a hypothetical escalation in the grey zone.
Monday 06/12/2021

Hundreds of migrants stormed into Ceuta last May

Hundreds of migrants stormed into Ceuta last May
LONDON - Spain’s Institute of Culture and Security warned that Morocco was using “hybrid strategies” to reclaim the Spanish enclaves of Ceuta and Melilla and adjacent islets in its latest report.

The Institute called on the Spanish government to monitor Morocco’s activity and its military rearmament although experts behind the report do not see it as a threat at the moment.

In a report titled "Morocco's claim on Ceuta and Melilla from the perspective of the grey area", experts explain that the objective of the grey zone was to force the relations between two states to alter the status quo, that is, "to achieve ends similar to those of a war, but without war," citing the most recent example that took place last May with the avalanche of thousands of immigrants who stormed into Ceuta, prompting the Spanish army to intervene.

The report explains Morocco’s “strategic patience” with border closures without what it calls motives or for seeking external support for their demands, such as when the Trump Administration recognized Moroccan sovereignty of the Sahara.

Experts point out that "there is a latent conflict" in which, for example, “Rabat seeks to influence Spanish foreign action using as a lever the control of migratory flow, anti-terrorist cooperation or the periodic ratification of the European Union's fishing agreements;”
They consider that these aspects are used by Morocco as “a pressure tool and a bargaining chip.”

Experts suggest that Spanish authorities consider the hybrid perspective when analyzing Moroccan policy towards Ceuta and Melilla, adding that Ceuta’s migration incident was a “wake-up call

The report also highlights Morocco’s equipment or besides security agreements signed with Israel. Experts warn that Rabat’s use military power should not be underestimated because it reduces the military gap between Morocco and Spain although they acknowledge that military power is of secondary importance in the grey area,

Experts warn that the Morocco’s acquisition program of land, naval and air power constitutes another factor to take into account but "without falling into alarmism."

“Although Moroccan authorities do not contemplate an armed action against both cities, the mere possession of these capacities gives them an advantage in the face of a hypothetical escalation in the grey zone,” they say, adding that “it may even generate serious doubts on the Spanish side about the political and military viability of defending Ceuta and Melilla."

RogerRanger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Apologies of this is hard for some people, but if you don't want the foreign powers to use migrants, you need to start shooting the migrants. Hybrid warfare just seems to be using the English hegemony's lack of will against it. Be it Russia using wee green men, migrants being used by the French/Russians and North Africans, and the Chinese taking over the economies of the west.

It interesting how not-western nations use hybrid warfare, but what the EU and France are doing to Britain at the moment is just negotiations and a diplomacy problem. Is there anyone within the British state who can be honest and accept we are in a geo-political kerfuffle with the EU.

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
The despotic regime of Morocco is at war with all its neighbors : Spain, Algeria, Western Sahara and Mauritania.
Morocco is spreading propaganda to its people claiming to be a millennial empire than needs to occupy the whole region. What does Morocco really want ?

1638893415488.jpeg

Last edited:

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 8,839
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Apologies of this is hard for some people, but if you don't want the foreign powers to use migrants, you need to start shooting the migrants. Hybrid warfare just seems to be using the English hegemony's lack of will against it. Be it Russia using wee green men, migrants being used by the French/Russians and North Africans, and the Chinese taking over the economies of the west.

It interesting how not-western nations use hybrid warfare, but what the EU and France are doing to Britain at the moment is just negotiations and a diplomacy problem. Is there anyone within the British state who can be honest and accept we are in a geo-political kerfuffle with the EU.

Turkey over the past few decades has taken millions on millions refugees, no european or westerner ever called it "hybrid warfare" against Turkey. Today Turkey holds more refugees then the entire EU combined.

I think westerners need to stop enjoying the smell of their own farts.

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
Turkey over the past few decades has taken millions on millions refugees, no european or westerner ever called it "hybrid warfare" against Turkey. Today Turkey holds more refugees then the entire EU combined.

You can't compare a MENA heavy-weight like Turkey to the relatively insignificant regime of Morocco.
For many decades, Europe did everything to prevent Turkey from entering the European Union, yet despite that Turkey today has prevailed as a regional and continental leader.
What Goes Around... Comes Around

The African migrant issue remains connected to European colonialism, like it or not.

Last edited:

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
9 9,045
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
There is no need for Spain to have to Enclaves in Africa. The colonial era is over - time for the enclaves to be returned to Morocco

RogerRanger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom

Hahaha. On the one hand I agree. However there is no wars in nations next to western Europe, There is wars right next to Turkey. Also they don't like Ukrainian migrants either, so you have a fair point, we need to stop smelling our own farts.

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
There is no need for Spain to have to Enclaves in Africa. The colonial era is over - time for the enclaves to be returned to Morocco
The only problem is, Morocco keeps claiming territories not only in Spain, but also in Algeria, Western Sahara, Mauritania, Mali and Senegal.

Morocco is an expansionist regime that teaches its people that Morocco is an empire that needs to grow larger at the expense of its neighbors.

1638896477220.jpeg

RogerRanger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Do you think Britain should return the Falklands to Argentina? Gibraltar to Spain? The bases we have on Cyprus to Cyprus?

RogerRanger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
You can't compare a MENA heavy-weight like Turkey to the relatively insignificant regime of Morocco.
For many decades, Europe did everything to prevent Turkey from entering the European Union, yet despite that Turkey today has prevailed as a regional and continental leader.
What Goes Around... Comes Around

The African migrant issue remains connected to European colonialism, like it or not.
Could you explain 'The African migrant issue remains connected to European colonialism, like it or not.' part as it seems to be the migration is because the Europeans left the imperialist phase and have come under the American hegemony, leading to the colonial system being inverted, so now the migration is going the opposite way.

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
Could you explain 'The African migrant issue remains connected to European colonialism, like it or not.' part as it seems to be the migration is because the Europeans left the imperialist phase and have come under the American hegemony, leading to the colonial system being inverted, so now the migration is going the opposite way.
Is is the "the chicken coming home to roost".
France for example, colonized and was very reckless occupying native populations and cultures all over Africa,
Now many places in Paris and France in general look more African than French.
Europe is being colonized by us the "brown people", but the U.S. where I live is more accepting of this mix of cultures and races than Europe does.
Europe has to get used to it.

RogerRanger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Is is the "the chicken coming home to roost".
France for example, colonized and was very reckless occupying native populations and cultures all over Africa,
Now many places in Paris and France in general look more African than French.
Europe is being colonized by us the "brown people", but the U.S. where I live is more accepting of this mix of cultures and races than Europe does.
Europe has to get used to it.
Yeah I see. I think the British empire is evil myself, I think imperialism in all forms is evil. Until the Europeans understand that they are being colonized by an imperialist entity, they will allow it to continue. Right now under the globalist system its just the cost of doing business and the Europeans like the Americans, but less so, will have to suck it up. Most English cities are Asia now.

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
Yeah I see. I think the British empire is evil myself, I think imperialism in all forms is evil. Until the Europeans understand that they are being colonized by an imperialist entity, they will allow it to continue. Right now under the globalist system its just the cost of doing business and the Europeans like the Americans, but less so, will have to suck it up. Most English cities are Asia now.
On the other hand, we keep forgetting the positives of the reverse invasion of Asia and Africa on the West.

How many CEO's in top U.S. companies are either Asian or African.
Sundar Pichai , CEO of Google is of Indian Origin
Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla Corp, is of South African origin (Yes he is white, but still African)

In France, they reject African immigrants in general, but they are full of love for sports heroes like the Football legend Zizou (Zinedine Zidane) whore parents immigrated from Algeria to France for blue-collar work.

Just to mention a few.

Last edited:

RogerRanger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Yes - what do you think yourself?
I would give the Falklands to Argentina, I would give Gibraltar to Spain and the bases back to Cyprus.

I feel the colonies use Britain and don't really give up anything. Like there is nothing but strategic positioning, we gain nothing military, economic, political or culture from them. And I really have no interest being caught in the eastern Mediterranean at the moment.

RogerRanger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
On the other hand, we keep forgetting the positives of the reverse invasion of Asia and Africa on the West.

How many CEO's in top U.S. companies are either Asian or Africa.
Sundar Pichai , CEO of Google is of Indian Origin
Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla Corp, is of South African origin (Yes he is white, but still African)

In France, they reject African immigrants in general, but they are full of love for sports heroes like the Football legend Zizou (Zinedine Zidane) whore parents immigrated from Algeria to France for blue-collar work.

Just to mention a few.
Just looking at it geo-politically for Britain there are no positives from migration. We have a small island, can't feed ourselves or provide energy for ourselves. So it just leads to massive price inflation, less living space and a dependency on foreign imports which destroys Britain's balance of payments leaving us totally are the mercy of global markets. Also the allowing of foreign capital to buy English sporting institutions is a negative thing for me, as I have now moved to supporting Glasgow Rangers from Man U, as the club has no identity anymore. I think that's the problem losing your identity. I don't know about France, I went there in 2008 to visit the WW1 grave sites and there were French soldiers walking around Lille with guns and coming from England that was strange, now in England I went to a gay pride march in Carlisle Cumbria and there had to be armed police in case the Muslims or some far-right idiot attacks it. So we are having to change our identity to accommodate the new identities and their political ideologies.

Most of the current British cabinet is foreign descent now. There are more English people in the Irish government than the British government.

ProudMoroccanAmazigh

Reactions
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
The only problem is, Morocco keeps claiming territories not only in Spain, but also in Algeria, Western Sahara, Mauritania, Mali and Senegal.

Morocco is an expansionist regime that teaches its people that Morocco is an empire that needs to grow larger at the expense of its neighbors.

View attachment 36825
False propaganda again
the only claims that persist are in ceuta and melila all the others have been dropped long ago
there were legitimate claims in bechar and tindouf now algeria
in mauretania since some tribes had pledges allegiance to the sultan long ago
mali and senegal is pure propaganda BS

and no morocco has great relations with its neighbors (besides algeria)
unironically morocco and spain grew closer after the migrant crisis

and again too much propaganda is bad for you my friend

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
Just looking at it geo-politically for Britain there are no positives from migration. We have a small island, can't feed ourselves or provide energy for ourselves. So it just leads to massive price inflation, less living space and a dependency on foreign imports which destroys Britain's balance of payments leaving us totally are the mercy of global markets. Also the allowing of foreign capital to buy English sporting institutions is a negative thing for me, as I have now moved to supporting Glasgow Rangers from Man U, as the club has no identity anymore. I think that's the problem losing your identity. I don't know about France, I went there in 2008 to visit the WW1 grave sites and there were French soldiers walking around Lille with guns and coming from England that was strange, now in England I went to a gay pride march in Carlisle Cumbria and there had to be armed police in case the Muslims or some far-right idiot attacks it. So we are having to change our identity to accommodate the new identities and their political ideologies.

Most of the current British cabinet is foreign descent now. There are more English people in the Irish government than the British government.
You wrote: we are having to change our identity to accommodate the new identities and their political ideologies.

Very interesting. In a sense, that could be enriching as well.

RogerRanger

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
You wrote: we are having to change our identity to accommodate the new identities and their political ideologies.

Very interesting. In a sense, that could be enriching as well.
In some ways yes. Like a wider range of foods, culture idea's and concepts, different styles and ways of doing things. However it basically just leads to multi-identity problems, where the English can't be English, but have to accept the ways of the new comers to allow them to fit in. Which leads to a weaker English identity. My dad's dentist is from Iraq and my dentist is from Nigeria. I would say we can't gain certain things if we allow ourselves to be aware and open to it, but in means we don't really gain anything for ourselves. So as you said its an interesting dynamic.

CEZAYIRLI

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Algeria
False propaganda again
the only claims that persist are in ceuta and melila all the others have been dropped long ago
there were legitimate claims in bechar and tindouf now algeria
in mauretania since some tribes had pledges allegiance to the sultan long ago
mali and senegal is pure propaganda BS

and no morocco has great relations with its neighbors (besides algeria)
unironically morocco and spain grew closer after the migrant crisis

and again too much propaganda is bad for you my friend
The regime of Morocco is in a de facto war with its three neighbors:

-Algeria : Morocco claims Western Algeria as part of the Moroccan territory.
-Western Sahara: Morocco claims the part of the Western Sahara land it grabbed illegally in 1975 as part of the Moroccan territory.
-Spain : Morocco claims the Ceuta and Melilla Spanish enclaves as part of the Moroccan territory.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom