Sri Lanka cancels Imran Khan address to Parliament, didn’t want him raising Kashmir

E

ekemenirtu

And here is a neutral source for 1967 —

Says India defeated in 1962 against China.

Says China defeated against India in 1967.

I can not see where that result is supposedly stated. Could you kindly take a screenshot and paste it here for the convenience of all members and maybe, lurkers alike?

Thanks.

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,582
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
I can not see where that result is supposedly stated. Could you kindly take a screenshot and paste it here for the convenience of all members and maybe, lurkers alike?

Thanks.
IMG_20210221_212417.jpg

There you go. #13 refers to 1967. #9 refers to 1962

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,582
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India

Major powers told of Indian spy's arrest​

'Jadhav's confessions vindicate Pakistan's stance on Indian- sponsored terrorism'​

Pakistan has apprised the European Union and the world's "major capitals" about the Indian spy Kulbhushan Jadhav's arrest from Balochistan who confessed carrying out subversion operations against Pakistan from Chahbahar Iranian port city under a Muslim name Hussain Mubarak Patel.
From your own links -

Link 1 —

While India has recognised him as an Indian national and a formal Navy officer but Indians that Yadev had no link with the Government since his premature retirement from the Navy. Pakistan believes that he is an in-service commander-ranked officer in the Indian Navy.

Link 2 —

Jadhav, 47, was sentenced to death by the military court in April last year. Pakistan claims that its security forces arrested Jadhav from its Balochistan province on March 3, 2016, after he reportedly entered from Iran. India denies all charges.

Link 3 —

The Indian Foreign Ministry confirmed the arrested man was a former Indian Navy officer, but the Pakistani government claimed to have recovered travel documents and multiple fake identities of Jadhav, establishing him as an Indian spy who entered Balochistan through Iran - holding a valid Iranian visa

And if this claim by Pakistan is true, why has the ICJ issued a moratorium on Pakistan on carrying out his execution?

Also, please give me the name of his lawyer who represented him in the military trial.

E

ekemenirtu

From your own links -

Link 1 —

While India has recognised him as an Indian national and a formal Navy officer but Indians that Yadev had no link with the Government since his premature retirement from the Navy. Pakistan believes that he is an in-service commander-ranked officer in the Indian Navy.

Link 2 —

Jadhav, 47, was sentenced to death by the military court in April last year. Pakistan claims that its security forces arrested Jadhav from its Balochistan province on March 3, 2016, after he reportedly entered from Iran. India denies all charges.

Link 3 —

The Indian Foreign Ministry confirmed the arrested man was a former Indian Navy officer, but the Pakistani government claimed to have recovered travel documents and multiple fake identities of Jadhav, establishing him as an Indian spy who entered Balochistan through Iran - holding a valid Iranian visa

I do not expect Indians to admit that their government carried out terrorism on foreign soil or that their spies have been caught. They were in denial about the identity of one of their captured pilots for some time.

6X158Tq.jpg

MC5iyQz.png

From that 1st Link:

Yadav in his confessional statement that has been on air in Pakistan confirmed that he entered Pakistan illegally via Iran, and was involved in subversive activities in Balochistan and Karachi.

oqxZXFG.jpg

Why would a former Indian Naval officer use a fake name, or a nom de guerre, to enter Pakistan for subversive activities with a forged passport if not for the reasons alleged by Pakistani authorities?

The weight of evidence is on the side of Pakistan, in this instance.

And if this claim by Pakistan is true, why has the ICJ issued a moratorium on Pakistan on carrying out his execution?

Also, please give me the name of his lawyer who represented him in the military trial.

ICJ is based in the Western world.

To this day, no Western criminal, no Western president, prime minister or political leader has been hanged, executed, tried or sentenced to death at the ICJ. Yet, over the course of history as well as the last 20 years, it is the Western world collectively that has exceeded the rest of the world in carrying out systematic and sustained violence against mostly innocent civilians, among a host of other activities.

E

ekemenirtu

View attachment 14735

There you go. #13 refers to 1967. #9 refers to 1962

Thank you for that screenshot.

Although the resolution of the image is low, it is legible.

The image suggests that the original source of the information is Macquarie Research, Aug 2010.

Do you have any means of citing or taking a screenshot of that original source?

Secondary sources are not as credible as primary sources.

It is probably for the same reason that hearsay is not to be considered reliable evidence as opposed to more reliable evidence such as CCTV footage (which, too, can be altered or modified, just to be sure) or DNA traces.

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,582
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
I do not expect Indians to admit that their government carried out terrorism on foreign soil or that their spies have been caught. They were in denial about the identity of one of their captured pilots for some time.

6X158Tq.jpg

MC5iyQz.png

From that 1st Link:

oqxZXFG.jpg

Why would a former Indian Naval officer use a fake name, or a nom de guerre, to enter Pakistan for subversive activities with a forged passport if not for the reasons alleged by Pakistani authorities?

The weight of evidence is on the side of Pakistan, in this instance.

ICJ is based in the Western world.

To this day, no Western criminal, no Western president, prime minister or political leader has been hanged, executed, tried or sentenced to death at the ICJ. Yet, over the course of history as well as the last 20 years, it is the Western world collectively that has exceeded the rest of the world in carrying out systematic and sustained violence against mostly innocent civilians, among a host of other activities.
So basically you are saying you have no source?

An Indian pilot who chased the Pakistanis back into their own territory and was captured is not a terrorist. He was a PoW

India is not a Western country so I wonder why are you talking about the these countries?

The weight of evidence is on Pakistan's side? Is that your opinion? Or do you have a source to back that up?

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,582
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Thank you for that screenshot.

Although the resolution of the image is low, it is legible.

The image suggests that the original source of the information is Macquarie Research, Aug 2010.

Do you have any means of citing or taking a screenshot of that original source?

Secondary sources are not as credible as primary sources.

It is probably for the same reason that hearsay is not to be considered reliable evidence as opposed to more reliable evidence such as CCTV footage (which, too, can be altered or modified, just to be sure) or DNA traces.
Hearsay is not the same as a secondary source. Here is a book with a citation. Are you comparing a scholarly work to hearsay?

E

ekemenirtu

So basically you are saying you have no source?

An Indian pilot who chased the Pakistanis back into their own territory and was captured is not a terrorist. He was a PoW

India is not a Western country so I wonder why are you talking about the these countries?

The weight of evidence is on Pakistan's side? Is that your opinion? Or do you have a source to back that up?

I believe I have provided at least three different sources.

That should answer your first question.

I do not expect Indian government to admit that they were, or are, involved in aiding and abetting terrorist activities, much like how they would like to downplay or outright deny their losses in war.

The case of the captured Indian pilot is a prominent case in point.

You are right that India is not a Western country. However, you probably did not realize that Indian bonhomie with the Western world and particularly, its leader - the United States - has resulted in the West granting a non-negligible amount of favours upon it. One such favour extended to it is through the Nuclear Suppliers Group or NSG. No other nonsignatory to the Nuclear nonproliferation Treaty or NPT apart from "Israel"/Zionist regime has been treated with so "gently".

Even signatories to the NPT such as Iran, Iraq, Syria, Libya and many others have not been spared the collective wrath of the West in the form of invasions, mass murder, oppression or at the very least, threats of war, sanctions, embargo and villification.

I believe at least 3 sources have already been provided.

E

ekemenirtu

Hearsay is not the same as a secondary source. Here is a book with a citation. Are you comparing a scholarly work to hearsay?

Hearsay is not the same as a secondary source.

That is not in dispute.

Likewise, secondary sources are not as credible as primary sources.

Although hearsay is not the same as a secondary source, it is probably for the same reason that hearsay is not as reliable as a form of evidence as secondary sources.

Do you have access to the primary source by any chance?

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
China is mostly a nonplayer in Sri Lanka, I reckon.
China has no interest in other countries domestic politics , but in business activities, China and Hong kong are the top two investors in Sri lanka, so it's safe to say that China is a big player in Sri lanka's economy.

Jackdaws

Experienced member
Reactions
1 1,582
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
I believe I have provided at least three different sources.

That should answer your first question.

I do not expect Indian government to admit that they were, or are, involved in aiding and abetting terrorist activities, much like how they would like to downplay or outright deny their losses in war.

The case of the captured Indian pilot is a prominent case in point.

You are right that India is not a Western country. However, you probably did not realize that Indian bonhomie with the Western world and particularly, its leader - the United States - has resulted in the West granting a non-negligible amount of favours upon it. One such favour extended to it is through the Nuclear Suppliers Group or NSG. No other nonsignatory to the Nuclear nonproliferation Treaty or NPT apart from "Israel"/Zionist regime has been treated with so "gently".

Even signatories to the NPT such as Iran, Iraq, Syria, Libya and many others have not been spared the collective wrath of the West in the form of invasions, mass murder, oppression or at the very least, threats of war, sanctions, embargo and villification.

I believe at least 3 sources have already been provided.
Nope, you have not provided a single source. The links you provided are news items which have presented both points of view without authoritatively stating which one is accurate. From your own links, I have pasted the Indian POV.

Do provide primary or secondary sources.

FYI, NSG came into being in 1974/75 because India conducted a nuke test in 1974. The whole idea of NSG was to deny India access to nuke technology. And India got a waiver in 2006/07 because of its clean proliferation record. Please look up facts.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom