Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Defence Turkey: STM is also involved in the Pakistani Navy’s Miniature Submarine Program that includes 3 Cosmos MG110 (SX756 / W) mini submarines which were purchased in the 1980s and are currently in the inventory. At the signing ceremony held on February 8, 2019, you presented the scale model of the new design mini submarine to the officials of the Pakistani Ministry of Defence Production. What would you like to say about this Project?

Murat İKİNCİ: The first project prepared by STM in line with the needs of the Pakistan Naval Forces was submitted in 2017. Within this framework, efforts on the design of small-sized submarines capable of addressing a wider market are continuing within the scheduled plan.

Bilal Khan(Quwa) 

Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
3 227
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Pakistan
The PN will have to think about its Agosta 90Bs in the 2030s -- ideally replace them by 2050. Let's see if Pakistan can collaborate with Turkey on the MILDEN.

Y

Yoyo

I realize I'm talking out of my ass but I wish TN would incorporate mini-subs in its defence doctrine and order a dozen of them. Use them as an "area denial weapon" in the Aegean / Eastern Med.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom