Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
India wont co-operate with Turkey in its Kaan project ever due to the fact that it has its own 5th generation fighter platform called the Amca in the works rn

In fact, it would be better for India to see Turkey's Kaan program get destroyed for good once and for all since Turkey's fighter will be a direct competitor to India's AMCA fighter jet. Moreover, Turkey's KAAN is at a way more advanced stage than India's AMCA as Turkey showed its first prototype and the first flight is planeed this year but India still is in the design phase

Many people are whining about how they want India and Turkey to co-operate while tthey dont know that India's defence policy is quite similar to Turkey's which includes nationalising anything possible and this makes it a direct competitor to Turkey's products in the international arena
Yes, you think I don't know what you are saying about India?:D I am trying to put forward a different point of view.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When Turkey was in WW1, in Kibris war, Pakistan helped Turkey, i myself believe that Turks should also pay it back when they can, thats why i believe Turkey should sell it, as you cannot have this jet without local engine anyway, so Turkey also knows it.
I didn't know anything about them, thanks for reminding me. :p Even the Arabs fucked us in the ww1.

Skyfall

Committed member
Reactions
3 913
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
It’s really saddening to read the comments here. It’s funny because I don’t believe there is a country that has supported Turkeys defense industry more than Pakistan. Pakistan on numerous occasions has chosen Turkish defense products over Chinese products even though they would have better payment terms with the Chinese (which is important for an apparent failed state) and have probably upset the Chinese in the process. I could go on but I understand that there is a portion of the Turkish population that has a real hatred for the majority of its own countryman so how could I expect them to have love for anyone else.

Fuzuli NL

Experienced member
Germany Correspondent
Reactions
20 8,281
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
It’s really saddening to read the comments here. It’s funny because I don’t believe there is a country that has supported Turkeys defense industry more than Pakistan. Pakistan on numerous occasions has chosen Turkish defense products over Chinese products even though they would have better payment terms with the Chinese (which is important for an apparent failed state) and have probably upset the Chinese in the process. I could go on but I understand that there is a portion of the Turkish population that has a real hatred for the majority of its own countryman so how could I expect them to have love for anyone else.
Spot on, brother.

TabmachineV2

Reactions
2 59
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Pakistan
I have a friend from a military background back home, and when I asked him about Pakistan and Turkey he explained it quite succintly, he said: "They fight, we fight".

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You are very funny, the biggest support to Turkiye's defense and civilian industry has been given by the US, Europe and Israel, with whom we don't get along very well nowadays. Think about how this happened... :D

Maybe these countries did not anticipate and did not want it to turn out like this, but the conjuncture went this way.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,013
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
If the KAAN ends up being as capable as they claim it will be, you will have people begging you to sell it to them. Us Turks have a funny mentality we always think about how we can give and how we can provide first.

Remember next to no one showed any excitement in coming in to help us with this project when we offered it. I think that was a mistake, small risk for potential massive gains.

You produce what you claim and you use it to expand as much influence across the globe the way every other nation who has advanced fighter jets does.

Saying that, if security concerns can be overcome you want to be hyper competitive with this thing. You get this plane into 20 countries and you've really made it as a military power. Not to mention you will turn the global game upside down.

We are not a billion large nation, yet militarily we are moving in a direction that could 20 years from now shift the entire global military spectrum. We already seen a small glimpse of what Turkish produced drones has been able to do. We achieve the unthinkable and all of the sudden a new option for the world appears, an option that has none of the exploitative qualities that you would get from an america or a china.

And like i said before even if you hate Turks, you want the Turks to succeed in this, because it will weaken the hand of the other nations in which may look to get such sophisticated hardware.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,740
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Please discuss any points related to Airforce, Army and Navy matters regarding Turkiye and Pakistan.

Slayer

Reactions
1 188
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I trust Pakistan more than I trust MENA countries.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nothing against Pakistan as a nation, they are one of the few countries that are friendly to Turks, the only problem is their incredibly corrupt state aparatus.
Their officials sold the future of their own countrymen, its naive to think they would not sell sensitive infirmation about Kaan to the highest bidding.

Cooperation itself is not bad per se but depends on which level, i would leave it at low tech part manufacturing.

DBdev

Committed member
Reactions
8 445
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I believe Turkey was behind of taking down Imran khan as he was with China against Uygurs, thats why they dont worry probably. China, first dodnt accept it, but later, they accepted it as its also not against them. Thats why i dont even worry about it
You are speculating wildly. Türkiye neither has power nor desire to take down foreign governments. This is not something we ever do. Imran Khan declared future of the Pakistan is with Russia and days later coalition broke down. Meanwhile betrayal to Uyghur Turks is decades old calamity in Muslim world.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,366
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

"BAYKAR TECHNOLOGY" Period in Pakistan!

Baykar took his place in Pakistan National Aerospace Science and Technology Park (NASTP), which was opened by Pakistani Prime Minister Shahbaz Sharif.

The cooperation agreement between Baykar and NASTP was signed by Baykar Chairman of the Board Selçuk Bayraktar and NASTP Commander Lieutenant General Ghulam Abbas Ghumman.

Selçuk Bayraktar posed for a souvenir photo with Pakistani Prime Minister Shahbaz Sharif in front of Bayraktar AKINCI

Founded by Baykar, "Baykar Teknoloji" will contribute to Pakistan's aerospace ecosystem. Baykar Technology, which will carry out R&D activities within NASTP, will work to increase the mutual innovation and high technology development capabilities of the parties.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,051
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I understand what Turkiye is trying to achieve in geopolitics by selling the KAAN Plane to Pakistan.

Its trying to form its own bloc. With this bloc Azerbaijan and Pakistan are the first candidates to be in this bloc.

Basically Turkiye's own bloc which is.neither American, Russian, European and Chinese.

Im really critical of Pakistan my criticism is mainly constructive a lot of people nowadays when it comes to Pakistan love using racial tropes.

I hope one day things get better for the country. Its sad to see Pakistan with so much potential getting thrown away into the drain.

Last edited:

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,366
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I understand what Turkiye is trying to achieve in geopolitics by selling the KAAN Plane to Pakistan.

Its trying to form its own bloc. With this bloc Azerbaijan and Pakistan are the first candidates to be in this bloc.

Basically Turkiye's own bloc which is.neither American, Russian, European and Chinese.

Im really critical of Pakistan my criticism is mainly constructive a lot of people nowadays when it comes to Pakistan love using racial tropes.

I hope one day things get better for country. Its sad to see Pakistan with so much potential getting thrown away into the drain.
To see the creation of a joint task force with Pakistan-Azerbaijan and Turkey over KAAN and KIZILELMA. We also have a dream :love::love::love:

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,390
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

I hope one day things get better for the country. Its sad to see Pakistan with so much potential getting thrown away into the drain.

The next pair of candidates are probably Kazakhstan, Qatar and Malaysia.
It would have been nice if we could say the same of KSA and UAE. (But I am not sure about them as long as they remain under current political systems)

Maybe Indonesia and BD will also be able to see their interest in aligning with Türkiye in the long run. (However, unlikely to happen in next 10 years. Also, Middle East is kind of far away from us.)

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,051
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
It would have been nice if we could say the same of KSA and UAE. (But I am not sure about them as long as they remain under current political systems)

Maybe Indonesia and BD will also be able to see their interest in aligning with Türkiye in the long run. (However, unlikely to happen in next 10 years. Also, Middle East is kind of far away from us.)

BD's policy I think will always be to stay neutral.

I think the policy is to work with every bloc but not joining any kind of camp.

I think BD is more of a non aligned country. Country suffered due to the cold war.

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,560
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Frankly speaking there is and there will be a huge demand for 5 gen fighters. History will repeat itself as in the case of UAVs... what will be avaialable in the market is going to be F 35, J 31 and KAAN. İt will be hard for everyone to get F 35 because of economical or political reasons (like MQ 9) and most will be not satisfied with the J 31 and KAAN will fill the gap as in the case of TB2 & AKINCI &ANKA against US and Chinese counterparts :devilish: KAAN has a great potantial like many other Turkish products this is our unique advantage

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom