Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,099
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Wonder what kind of surprise he's talking about around 20 min mark

Poor guy had the roughly same interviews at least 3 times, first the press conference, then CNN and now Habertürk

Also someone should ask him about jet powered drones.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,099
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Damn, he dodged the question about drones, said he wants to talk about them when they are ready.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,039
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can someone please translate the whole interview word by word.
Hmm, there are some misunderstandings in my previous post.

By 2028, 14 TF-X prototypes will be built. Two of these 14 aircraft will be built with domestic engines. (12 prototypes will be powered by F110)

In other words, he says that by 2028, the domestic engine will be finished and will be installed on 2 prototypes.

Also, it has been working on the domestic engine for 4 years. So, in total, the engine will be out in 10 years.

Edit = It's still a short time for the F110 counterpart, isn't it? Although the design office has been working for 4 years, it is like an F110 equivalent engine will be released in 6 years.

Last edited:

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,564
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Hmm, there are some misunderstandings in my previous post.

By 2028, 14 TF-X prototypes will be built. Two of these 14 aircraft will be built with domestic engines. (12 prototypes will be powered by F110)

In other words, he says that by 2028, the domestic engine will be finished and will be installed on 2 prototypes.

Also, it has been working on the domestic engine for 4 years. So, in total, the engine will be out in 10 years.
And in the English one he stated that the design is ready, around PDR or CDR probably, if that's correct, 6 years is a reasonable goal

Last edited:

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,039
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
And in the English one he stated that the design is ready, probably around PDR or CDR probably, if that's correct, 6 years is a reasonable goal
If we believe we can do it in this time, then why are we meeting with RR? On the assumption that we're going to do this with RR?

Bmx98

Reactions
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
If we believe we can do it in this time, then why are we meeting with RR? On the assumption that we're going to do this with RR?
If I understood correctly the project visioned for Collab with RR is about the 6th gen version of TFX which could possibly be merged with Tempest and TEI contributing to the engine development of that engine

Mustafa27

Committed member
Reactions
2 589
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't understand why people keep on comparing this to Altay when the powerpack for Altay started in 2018 when Altay was already finished.

Please stop comparing the two programs ffs.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,039
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
He further says: As partners, Tei and Trmotor have already started working on the engine. We are working ahead for our country to have this technology, because this homeland is ours. Of course, it is not yet clear who will be awarded the engine tender.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
116 14,899
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Some of the bullet points of the Turkish interview concerning TFX are:
1. There will be 14 prototypes of TFX
2. 12 of these will have f110 engines
3. 2 of them will have indigenous engines
4. These could be built by TEI/TR Motor or “others” . SSB to decide
5. All prototypes will have been delivered by 2028.

Now logic dictates that if, as he says by 2028, at least 2 TFX will be able to fly with indigenous engines, then all serially manufactured TFX planes after 2028 should be flying with locally manufactured engines.
Therefore there should be no 4++ version of serially produced TFX that will fly with F110 ; Apart from the 12 prototypes.

Last edited:

Fairon

Reactions
6 892
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Temel Kotil is particularly ambitious about the domestic engine. Of course I want it to happen, but we'll see. Easy to say, hard to do.

Also he is overly optimistic about everything. I like his attitude and excitement but in the interviews he is oversimplifying every posible problems.(I am guessing he has to do that because of politics. At least I hope so) I am cautious about his timeframes but I am also sure that he is doing everything to make it happen.

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,564
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Also he is overly optimistic about everything. I like his attitude and excitement but in the interviews he is oversimplifying every posible problems.(I am guessing he has to do that because of politics. At least I hope so) I am cautious about his timeframes but I am also sure that he is doing everything to make it happen.
Well what caught my eye is that he made a really clear sentence without any wish words, maybe TEI/TRMotor really did a good design process, who knows

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,099
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
He's overly optimistic, I agree, but I love his enthusiasm for the company and also for the youth. We have to give him that.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,866
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Some of the bullet points of the Turkish interview concerning TFX are:
1. There will be 14 prototypes of TFX
2. 12 of these will have f110 engines
3. 2 of them will have indigenous engines
4. These could be built by TEI/TR Motor or “others” . SSB to decide
5. All prototypes will have been delivered by 2028.

Now logic dictates that if, as he says by 2028, at least 2 TFX will be able to fly with indigenous engines, then all serially manufactured TFX planes after 2028 should be flying with locally manufactured engines.
Therefore there should be no 4++ version of serially produced TFX that will fly with F110 ; Apart from the 12 prototypes.
He said, TFX will fly with F-16 engine. Which is not an stealth engine.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom