Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,757
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
- First landing gear delivered by TAAC yesterday.
- First prototype has over 170.000 holes drilled on it by hand. The processes will be automated in 4-5 years.
- Teams working on the prototype 24/7.
- There are over three thousand engineers working directly on the program.
- The Turks that are working abroad who have extensive experience are highly utilized in the project.

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,521
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
I’m a bit skeptical regarding the 2028 first delivery date. If it’s with the GE engines then it’s doable. If it is with domestic engines then no chance.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,757
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
According to this twitter account(seems reliable, followed by Arda Mevlütoğlu, Kubilay Yıldırım, Abdullah Şentürk etc.),

TFX's mid section with the wings was manufactured vertically as a single piece. It weighs 4 tonnes. And the aircraft will be comprised of 4 main sections.

F35 is produced in the same manner.

F-35_024.jpg

MADDOG

Contributor
Türkiye Correspondent
Professional
Reactions
31 7,963
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Cyprus
According to this twitter account(seems reliable, followed by Arda Mevlütoğlu, Kubilay Yıldırım, Abdullah Şentürk etc.),

TFX's mid section with the wings was manufactured vertically as a single piece. It weighs 4 tonnes. And the aircraft will be comprised of 4 main sections.

F35 is produced in the same manner.

F-35_024.jpg
Can confirm

I mean it kinda was obvious regardless...

Screen Shot 2022-12-08 at 17.01.11.png

Last edited:

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is impossible! They said that ASELSAN could deliver the BURFIS radar to TAI only in 2026. They can't fly the plane without radar
According to the schedule, BURFIS will be delivered in 2025. It will be available for mass production in 2026.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The news is true. Now the first flight date of MMU is 29 October 2024. It was mid-2026 then changed to 2025-2026(late 2025, early 2026), it is changed again to 2025 now it is Q4 2024. This means CDR will be completed around march 2024.

One of the topics of the upcoming SSIK is the decision on MMU national engine development project. Probably some decisions are taken on that front. There might be some breakthroughs for RR's participation in the project. Low to mid level beurocrats held a preparation meeting last week for the upcoming SSIK.

kenny

Committed member
Reactions
1 875
Nation of residence
Japan
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm sorry bogeyman, but it's better to believe in the what CEO of TUSAS says than to you.

Aloster

Reactions
1 129
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
So, CDR will be finished even before the completion of RCS facility ?
https://www.savunmatr.com/savunma-s...kesit-alani-test-tesisi-tusas-tan-h18193.html

There is something wrong....

If someone knows better please enlighten me....

I think, Its purpose for verification of RC value of final product. Seems to me, it's not used at design stage. Probably its RC value already calculated at computer based programs and also little scale model. If I don't remember wrongly a member of here already make some calculation about TB2 , KE and other planes.

Top Bottom