This US Air Force’s Next-Gen Fighter Will Shock The World

Reactions
Nation of residence
Singapore
Nation of origin
Singapore
Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall says that the Next Generation Air Dominance "family of systems" will likely control as many as five drones at one time.

The U.S. Air Force is building manned variants of the emerging sixth-generation fighter jet as part of its Next Generation Air Dominance (NGAD) program.

Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall says that the family of systems will likely control as many as five drones at one time, a development that will introduce new tactics, expand the mission scope of a stealth fighter jet, and enable dispersed yet networked weapons and surveillance nodes to increase attack and reconnaissance options.

Many of the details and exact configurations of this small family of manned and unmanned platforms are either not available for security reasons or still evolving.

The unmanned systems being built to support sixth-generation manned aircraft are likely to emerge much sooner than an operational manned variant.

Of course, the requirements for the unmanned systems, called Collaborative Combat Aircraft (CCA), are still in flux.

Andrew Hunter, assistant secretary of the Air Force for acquisition, technology, and logistics, told reporters that the drones are being built according to key operational imperatives.

“We need an aircraft that can perform operations in denied airspace and make sure we have the ability to establish freedom of maneuver.

We’ve had successful uncrewed platforms going back decades. It’s challenging to have a platform able to operate in denied air space,” Hunter said.

The drones will come in various sizes and operate as surveillance “nodes” and attack drones for offensive missions.

“We need a platform that is affordable so we can get some mass and not something too expensive that we can’t afford to lose. We are doing design trades.

It needs to be able to assist the mission of the NGAD system, and it will involve a weapons carrying capacity to work with a piloted aircraft,” Hunter added.

While the manned NGAD is expected to be ready for operations around the end of the decade, the CCAs could arrive “soon,” Hunter said. “Industry is expanding [Research and Design] and [is] ready for an acquisition program.”

The prospect of multiple networked CCAs working in close coordination with a manned host plane introduces new tactical possibilities, largely because the CCAs will be networked to one another while also being connected to a manned aircraft performing command and control.

Controlling drones from the air will reduce latency because it will not require data to be sent through a ground station, which will streamline the transmission of time-sensitive data and massively shorten the sensor-to-shooter time.

An armed drone could autonomously identify a target, use onboard computer processing systems, and enable a human decisionmaker to find and destroy enemy targets from safe stand-off distances.

Advanced algorithms and artificial intelligence-enabled data processing will be able to analyze a host of mission variables from otherwise disparate streams of incoming sensor information.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 639
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
Alright I am calling it, If Pierre Sprey insulting F-35 was enough to piss off 5th gen fans, then calling the 6th gen a 5th gen + will piss off fans as well or comparing some similar capabilities like drone swarm capabilities, etc

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,102
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It was said that NGAD would be economically viable for mass production if I am not mistaken. "300 million per plane" Doesn't it contradict that?
Its economically viable for a country with $25T GDP and $900B military budget.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 639
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
Paralay is the best fucking troll out there man:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: To those that dont know him he is an admin that has is own forum called paralay iboards.It took me awhile to get the joke, and I started laughing even more like an idiot when the bottom user did not know that Paralay was fucking around made it even more funny. https://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=57828&p=478963#p478963 I will share the screenshots to be sure they don't get deleted later.

NGAD1.jpg

NGAD2.jpg

NGAD3.jpg

NGAD4.jpg

Those that dont get the Joke he basically made his own 6th gen Russian design but used it with 1st stage Su-57 engines to go mock the **** out of the NGADs engine performance. We know that the Su-57 1st stage engines is 3,500kms max range and 4,500kms with fuel tanks and the thrust parameters look the same on wikipedia. The 4th photos is for laughs because what Paralay posted was a joke that went over users head and apparently, he missed it. Over 80 users were looking at the thread and no one after the user hkultala posted so far for quite some time. I think they were able to at least process the joke. I am in tears because it is like a dead silence, and I am wondering if anyone will break the ice or move along with the topic of the thread.

Whatever specs they gave to the NGAD was bad. If it got mocked by an admin to go botch up a design for laughs with the Su-57 1st stage engines.

Last edited:

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,102
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
NGAD engine (XA100) is running its final test ready to be delivered to lot 17 F-35, not sure why non delivering Russians are laughing.

blackjack

Contributor
Russia Correspondent
Reactions
7 639
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Russia
NGAD engine (XA100) is running its final test ready to be delivered to lot 17 F-35, not sure why non delivering Russians are laughing.
the joke is he botched up a 6th gen design with 1st stage engines that show how underperforming the 6th gen engines are. I am hoping this is not the 3-stream cycle or pulse detonation option performance specs.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom