Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,838
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
“Muss er sich auch sonst nicht, zumindest nicht fürs erste. Denn bislang ist die Türkei in Sachen Elektromobilität ein Entwicklungsland. „Es gibt kaum Autos und auch noch keine Infrastruktur“, räumt Karakaş ein.
Doch mit der engen Verbindung zum Staat will der Togg-Chef das zügig ändern, hat mit der Regierung einen Plan ausgearbeitet und der Politik ein Netzwerk mit rund 250.000 Säulen vorgeschlagen, die für eine Erstausstattung des Landes reichen sollten. „Bei 30.000 Euro pro Ladestation ist das eine überschaubare Investition.“

godel44

Reactions
8 393
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
“Muss er sich auch sonst nicht, zumindest nicht fürs erste. Denn bislang ist die Türkei in Sachen Elektromobilität ein Entwicklungsland. „Es gibt kaum Autos und auch noch keine Infrastruktur“, räumt Karakaş ein.
Doch mit der engen Verbindung zum Staat will der Togg-Chef das zügig ändern, hat mit der Regierung einen Plan ausgearbeitet und der Politik ein Netzwerk mit rund 250.000 Säulen vorgeschlagen, die für eine Erstausstattung des Landes reichen sollten. „Bei 30.000 Euro pro Ladestation ist das eine überschaubare Investition.“

I think there is a distinction here. He says "250.000 Säulen" which is to say 250,000 feeder pillars, not charging stations. He says "Ladestation" when he means to say a charging station. Hopefully a proper charging station will have many feeder pillars, especially since many of the existing pillars we use seem to be 2-car pillars. If we had 1500 such pillars rather than stations, we would only be able charge 3000 cars at the same time, which would be ridiculous.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,164
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
How long it takes to make a complete charge makes all the difference.

Production of the first 1.000.000 cars will take 10 years for TOGG.
So they will start with low rate production.

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Logo explanation here; in short arrows represents West meets East.
1648718756092.png

Combat-Master

Baklava Consumer
Reactions
15 25,473
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
The 1.6 kilometer test track has been completed at our Gemlik facility. The track, which was prepared for different needs such as high speed, rough roads, special maneuvers, will be used in product development and quality processes.

Once they get the factory up and running and iron out production snags (body panel, trim and door alignment issues are certain) , it will be a quality car!

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,687
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TOGG is a project poised to succeed. It has everything to self-actualize. It is like Turkish drone projects you just can't go wrong with it.

Rodeo

Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
30 4,749
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TOGG is a project poised to succeed. It has everything to self-actualize. It is like Turkish drone projects you just can't go wrong with it.
I hope you're right. Witnessing Tesla Model 3's production ramp issues reminds me how difficult mass manufacturing actually is. So i'm expecting some hiccups along the way. I hope those wouldn't be major and wouldn't threaten the program.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,687
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hope you're right. Witnessing Tesla Model 3's production ramp issues reminds me how difficult mass manufacturing actually is. So i'm expecting some hiccups along the way. I hope those wouldn't be major and wouldn't threaten the program.
It is not just the car itself. TOGG comes with an entire ecosystem. For example, batteries will be used in house appliances, submarines, aircraft, EVs, energy storage solutions, etc. Software development for IOT (internet of things). Extraction and purification of rare earth elements. Development of the mining industry. Power electronics. We are very strong when it comes to power electronics because of the military radar production. TOGG will propel a whole bunch of industries to the next level. There will of course be problems along the way but there is no chance to stop the electrical revolution now. Early adopters will be one step ahead. Turkiye's first target should be to reach half a million EVs (not just cars) sales/exports by 2030.

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TOGG
▫️Starting price in the $25,000 band
▫️Autonomous driving features
▫️5 different models
▫️500 km range lithium-ion battery
▫️Fast charging (80% charge in half an hour)
▫️4x4 400 HP engine
▫️2x2 200 HP engine
▫️4.2 sec 100 km speed
▫️USECASE Mobility®
▫️8 years battery warranty
▫️Blockchaintec
PS: 2x2 means a bicycle, so it should be 4x2

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,687
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TOGG
▫️Starting price in the $25,000 band
▫️Autonomous driving features
▫️5 different models
▫️500 km range lithium-ion battery
▫️Fast charging (80% charge in half an hour)
▫️4x4 400 HP engine
▫️2x2 200 HP engine
▫️4.2 sec 100 km speed
▫️USECASE Mobility®
▫️8 years battery warranty
▫️Blockchaintec
PS: 2x2 means a bicycle, so it should be 4x2
The price is not extremely high. I guess 4x2 200HP with 300km range will be priced at 25000$ (does it include tax?). If this price includes tax then it is a good value.

Last edited:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,164
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
They should give tax breaks and other incentives for electric cars and new entrants and those who pass a certain domesticity rating to beef makers up. It is time to bolster TOGG and electric in general to maximize organic nationalization of the Turkish car market.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,687
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TOGG will use a version of the 4th generation Farasis Battery pack from 2025 onwards.

farasis-2021-02-min-888x444.png

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom